• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Phifouyou

Nov 4, 2021
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! It works, thank you!
Don't know why, did just install the bout.img via fastboot again then flash again the magisk via the recovery. At the second or third time it boots normally. No wipe needed after flashing either.

x52-curcuma

Nov 29, 2016
Thanks for the great work, evil-god! Migrating to LOS-18.1 on SGP611 from Floko rom here. Very snappy and responsive. To me OF-recovery works better than PitchBlack-recovery. Did not have any issues with Magisk. So far the only problem I have is GPS. It does not lock. Have tried fastergps app, Magisk module for GPS without any luck.
Ghaeh mentioned the issue with GPS (post #221), but I haven't seen any notes other than that. Anybody having the similar problem, any solutions?

Nightsax

Sep 17, 2015
Big thanks to @evil-god for the updated SGP611 ROM and instructions on this forum, I did update my mother's tablet and I am very satisfied about it, the ROM is very nice to use. One minor issue: I can't charge it and use it at the same time, for some reason it bugs and keeps locking the screen. And some apps from Google Playstore are detected not compatible while they actually are. But installing via apk works. All in all fantastic work! Cheers

Last edited:

SageDroid

Sep 2, 2012
Thank you @evil-god for this great ROM!

This worked for me on SGP611:
  • Wipe according to first post
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Open GApps ARM Pico
  • Reboot and set up
  • Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk
  • Reboot and install Magisk apk
Bugs I found so far:

Auto Rotation sometimes resets after a reboot. If you enable it again and restart, the whole system goes crazy, apps can no longer be opened and also no longer removed from the Recent Apps view. If you deactivate Auto Rotation again, everything is back to normal.

Media volume is unfortunately completely broken. It automatically gets quieter and when you turn it up just one notch, it suddenly gets extremely loud. Then again quieter and so on. Happens e.g. in Youtube with every video after a short time. Already had this problem with the build of joschi1979. What I notice about this in the UI is that when you make louder or quieter on the upper tile of the volume slider a click effect (animation) is displayed (with about 2 seconds delay) although I do not click on it. This is definitely not normal in Android 11 and not happening on any of my other devices.

Does media volume work for you?

These problems aside, it's just a really great job! (y)

Reactions: ~MaX~

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
Since 2 updates of the ROM, I cannot access the menu for app settings. When tapping on some app, the menu exits. Anyone has this too?

I was trying to get my 611 into FastBoot mode and to find it in ADB Devices list, but somehow it went dead after a while. Can´t get any life into anymore. The last thing I did was install USB Legacy drivers on the Windows 10 laptop.
Now it doesnt even react when plugging charging cable, or long pressing powerbutton and volume buttons. Even tried the small yellow OFF button inside the SD-slot, but did nothing.
Any tips? Have I missed something? Or is it totally garbage now?

Max8719

May 14, 2018
I was trying to get my 611 into FastBoot mode and to find it in ADB Devices list, but somehow it went dead after a while. Can´t get any life into anymore. The last thing I did was install USB Legacy drivers on the Windows 10 laptop.
Now it doesnt even react when plugging charging cable, or long pressing powerbutton and volume buttons. Even tried the small yellow OFF button inside the SD-slot, but did nothing.
Any tips? Have I missed something? Or is it totally garbage now?
You can try Emma. This is a flash tool from Sony to insatll the latest stock rom. Install the tool and open it. Press the volume down button on your tablet, hold it and connect it via USB with your computer. If you are lucky it will response and you can flash the latest stock rom.

You can try Emma. This is a flash tool from Sony to insatll the latest stock rom. Install the tool and open it. Press the volume down button on your tablet, hold it and connect it via USB with your computer. If you are lucky it will response and you can flash the latest stock rom.
Yeah, no resonse whats so ever, red charging led doesnt even turn on when connecting it to charger. No sound from PC that USB has been attached. So guess its dead. Gonna give it a months rest and try again (incase battery related). Thanks anyways.

Max8719

May 14, 2018
Yeah, no resonse whats so ever, red charging led doesnt even turn on when connecting it to charger. No sound from PC that USB has been attached. So guess its dead. Gonna give it a months rest and try again (incase battery related). Thanks anyways.
Yes, unfortunately this sounds like a hardware brick. :(

bbiwy

Nov 4, 2021
Doing fine until now I 'm to be stuck in step 3.
How can we enter recovery?
Looks like that fastboot recovery not works - I'm to stupid for this :-(
Thx.

- comming from latest stock, SGP621, 23.4.A.1.200
- tried 2 button methode

Finally I got it!

Came from latest stock flashed with Emma (23.4.A.1.200) did not work for me, could not enter OF-Recovery at all.
Tried with evil-gods "LineageOS15.1", flashed via TWRP. Same problem.

Solution:
I flashed stock rom "SGP621_23.5.A.0.575_R2D_Germany Generic_1290-4945.ftf" via FlashTool.
And now it works. However.

Thx for all guys tried to support me.

bbiwy

Nov 4, 2021
SGP621 LTE

Hi evil-god,
it seems it is not possible to join an encrypted hotspot (e.g. hotspot provided from my laptop).

I tried with a clean install, no Magisk, no firewall, just flashed the rom from #2. I could enter the password to the network, but I got no connection to the hotspot.

Access to an unsecured/unencrypted hotspot, however, works fine. Just with encrpytion it is not possible.

Access to any WLAN works fine also without complication.

When I try with your LineageOS 15.1 it works perfect, no problems.

Maybe you can check if there is something wrong, please.

Thx,
bbiwy.

flashing "Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony" works following these steps but when opening the magisk app for the first time it asks to download the full app, followed by an error: "There was a problem while parsing the package"
I've successfully installed LineageOS and pbrp recovery (On SGP611) but installing Magisk doesn't work. I tried installing the Magisk mod from post #1 several times and I constantly have the same problem as MaX.

same error, what works was installing regular magisk apk from github (tried 22.1). the app works but says no magisk installed
I also tried this, installing from the github but instead with Magisk 23, it didn't work. I either gets stuck on the Xperia logo on boot or it installs the app but inside the app it says that Magisk isn't installed.

okay, just to be sure, you download the zip file from here, then you unzip the archive, you should see Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.apk, rename that file to Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.zip and the flash via recovery, you do this?

edit: its not a special hack, this the official way to get an working magisk update zip, the mod is only inside, because magisk and sony are another story...
read here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3636 and here https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html last point custom recovery
I have installed it using this method, so the problem is not the way it is installed. I guess.

And I have not installed any Gapps, I don't know if that's a problem or not.

Any help on fixing this bug would be highly appreciated.

I was also wondering that only if Magisk really doesn't work, could SuperSU be used instead of Magisk? Especially since it has been discontinued quiet a while ago.

Last edited:

laibalion

Mar 15, 2021
Hi all,

it's been a while since I've done some flashing, so forgive me if I'm asking trivial or dumb questions.
My starting point is the latest official image from Sony.

To get starting I flashed PBRP via fastboot, which didn't give me errors, so I'm assuming it works.
Code:
PS C:\Users\geert> fastboot flash recovery G:\Android\SGP612\Recovery\pbrp\pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img
sending 'recovery' (14868 KB)...
OKAY [  0.469s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.977s]
finished. total time: 1.446s

After this I'm running into an issue, where I can't seem to reboot into this recovery at all.

Code:
PS C:\Users\geert> adb reboot recovery
just restarts the device, but I just end up in android itself. So I'm not sure I missed a step somewhere. Is there some other requirement for the device to reboot into PBRP, or did the flash fail without giving an error for it?

I understand this is not particularly caused by the rom in this topic, but I assume others followed these steps and may encountered the same issue.
Any help is appreciated.

evil-god

Hi all,

it's been a while since I've done some flashing, so forgive me if I'm asking trivial or dumb questions.
My starting point is the latest official image from Sony.

To get starting I flashed PBRP via fastboot, which didn't give me errors, so I'm assuming it works.
Code:
PS C:\Users\geert> fastboot flash recovery G:\Android\SGP612\Recovery\pbrp\pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img
sending 'recovery' (14868 KB)...
OKAY [  0.469s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.977s]
finished. total time: 1.446s

After this I'm running into an issue, where I can't seem to reboot into this recovery at all.

Code:
PS C:\Users\geert> adb reboot recovery
just restarts the device, but I just end up in android itself. So I'm not sure I missed a step somewhere. Is there some other requirement for the device to reboot into PBRP, or did the flash fail without giving an error for it?

I understand this is not particularly caused by the rom in this topic, but I assume others followed these steps and may encountered the same issue.
Any help is appreciated.
oh, i think today i make an typo. second time i turn it off and press on+volume down for recovery. but i will see whats the problem, later

you can use the lineage recovery, cant say why the recovery isnt working anymore, very strange. see #2 for download.
sorry for that

edit2: now i can reboot to pbrp, its weird :D

Last edited:

laibalion

Mar 15, 2021
you can use the lineage recovery, cant say why the recovery isnt working anymore, very strange. see #2 for download.
sorry for that

edit2: now i can reboot to pbrp, its weird :D

Mine keeps refusing to boot to recovery, I don't quite understand why.
I've reflashed the device to stock using Sony's FlashTool Emma (to version 23.4.A.0.546), then reflash recovery (tried both pbrp and lineage recovery). Maybe it's just my device that's acting strangely.
Will probably fiddle with it some more tomorrow.

Im assuming it doesn't matter that my device is SGP612 (afaik only difference with 611 is internal storage size, right?)

laibalion

Mar 15, 2021
oh, i think today i make an typo. second time i turn it off and press on+volume down for recovery. but i will see whats the problem, later

sorry for that
I've been looking a bit more, and found some info that could be related -> https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaz3tabetcompact.html
It mentions
The Xperia devices have a recovery-in-boot arrangement. This means that the recovery is booted using the regular kernel / boot image in the device
I'm not 100% understand this, but does this mean that flashing recovery via fastboot, doens't work as expected?
If so, how do I flash pbrp to the device :?

Max8719

May 14, 2018
Mine keeps refusing to boot to recovery, I don't quite understand why.
I've reflashed the device to stock using Sony's FlashTool Emma (to version 23.4.A.0.546), then reflash recovery (tried both pbrp and lineage recovery). Maybe it's just my device that's acting strangely.
Will probably fiddle with it some more tomorrow.

Im assuming it doesn't matter that my device is SGP612 (afaik only difference with 611 is internal storage size, right?)
For me the SGP611 pbrp recovery works fine. I flashed it with these instructions who where posted earlier in this thread:

So, for all the SGP611 users that are still struggling to install this, I did the following and got it working:

1) flashed latest stock to start fresh with flashtool from androxyde version 0.9.18.6 (only version working for me)
2) extracted boot.img from the rom zip itself
3) flashed the following via fastboot:

fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img

4) unplug and restart device. When you see the LED starting to show up, just press and hold VOL down.
5) flash rom and gapps (optional)
6) reboot and that's it.

Thanks to @evil-god and @joschi1979 and all other participants for providing informations.
Hope that this will help others to get their SGP611 running LOS18.1 too.
I did not flased the latest stock rom. I flashed the recovery direct over the fox recovery. Then I installed the latest update with the November patches. I will keep this recovery instead of the fox recovery. Good work evill-god. (y)

laibalion

Mar 15, 2021
No luck :(.

The moment I flash the boot.img (extracted from the ROM's image) the device refuses to boot.
Code:
PS G:\Android\SGP612> fastboot flash recovery .\Recovery\OrangeFox\OF-recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (15948 KB)...
OKAY [  0.504s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.049s]
finished. total time: 1.554s
PS G:\Android\SGP612> fastboot flash FOTAKernel .\Recovery\OrangeFox\OF-recovery.img
sending 'FOTAKernel' (15948 KB)...
OKAY [  0.503s]
writing 'FOTAKernel'...
OKAY [  1.065s]
finished. total time: 1.568s
PS G:\Android\SGP612> fastboot flash boot .\Recovery\boot.img
sending 'boot' (7830 KB)...
OKAY [  0.249s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.518s]
finished. total time: 0.767s

I did manage to get TWRP to run as recovery by following steps elsewhere in this topic, but am getting errors when flashing the system image ( [log] command unknown or something like that ).
I guess the OS image can't be installed with TWRP?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am trying to connect to Bluetooth but it doesn't seem to find any nearby device... anyone else having this issue?
    Bluetooth seems unusable (I am using latest firmware from this topic btw).
    Same here, but this was already the case with other custom roms, before, like Floko
    @SGP621-HH : PM in german language has been sent
    @RedSimply : Done, gerne.

to all: I am only repeating what I have written several times in this thread for SGP621.

First be sure to be on last stock MarshMallow with kernel 23.5.A.1.291
    Unlock bootloader and flash boot.img from withing LOS 18.1 ZIP:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Then flash OF-recovery:
    fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
    (exactly as written!)

Start SGP621 with vol - and pwr button simultaneously pressed. After a short time OF-recovery launches and you can flash LOS 18.1.

Last: Enjoy your new tablet and thanks to our dev evil-god!
    I came directly from LOS 15.1 (didn't install Stock first) and I had some problems but eventually managed to install LOS 18.1 and GApps on my SGP611. I tried a lot of different things so I am not sure what made it work in the end but I think it was this:
    1. Extract boot.img from LOS 18.1 zip and flash with command fastboot flash:raw boot boot.img
    2. Flash recovery: fastboot flash FOTAKernel pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img
    3. Boot to recovery (a bit tricky on this device but Power + spamming Volume Up normally works)
    4. Flash LOS 18.1. I couldn't flash GApps at this point since it told me my Android version was wrong
    5. Boot to system and then to recovery again
    6. Flash LOS 18.1 and GApps Arm (32-bit)
    7. Boot to system and configure device

I had TWRP 3.0.2.0 installed before and tried to install LOS with it but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot @evil-god for this rom!!!
    TWRP is not compatible, you must use Orangefox.
    Question...when you do vol down + pwr did you have the tablet plugged into computer via USB?
    No. After flashing OF-Recovery I unplugged the USB cable.
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE

SGP611 WIFI

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, not fully tested pbrp see above
    build 20220122 january patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20220122 january patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download