[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

katman4

Oct 26, 2010
Thank you so much for this ROM.
Just needed my very old tablet to have functioning Netflix and some games for the kid in the car.
I tried multiple versions of the roms around here, but this one was the most recent and I'm sure I'll use it for years.

hi guys,

i have freshly installed this rom on my Xperia tablet. However, I am unable to get both gapps and magisk working.

I can either get magisk or get gapps but not both. If I install both, then the tablet is stuck on boot logo.

Has anyone figured out how to get both of them working together?

sk0815

Feb 6, 2009
Obertshausen
Hi I installed it with orange recovery. before I was on this rom but an older version.
After installation und reboot, I only get an black screen and nothing happens any more.

If I press power butten it vibrates on time and nothing habben. Volume und Power nothing happend :-(

If I put it on PC also nothing happened

petefoth

Hi @evil-god

I am trying to make a build of LineageOS for microG using your sources, but I'm seeing the following build error, so I think I have something missing from my manifest (attached)

`FAILED: ninja: 'out/target/product/z3tc/utilities/keycheck', needed by 'out/target/product/z3tc/ramdisk/init.real', missing and no known rule to make it`

I would be grateful for any hints. Thanks

Attachments

• l4m-z3ctc.xml
    1.2 KB · Views: 4

evil-god

Hi @evil-god

I am trying to make a build of LineageOS for microG using your sources, but I'm seeing the following build error, so I think I have something missing from my manifest (attached)

`FAILED: ninja: 'out/target/product/z3tc/utilities/keycheck', needed by 'out/target/product/z3tc/ramdisk/init.real', missing and no known rule to make it`

I would be grateful for any hints. Thanks
hi, i add to the missing parts to your local_manifest.

Attachments

• l4m-z3ctc.xml
    1.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: petefoth

Rubenos

Aug 10, 2010
Update to June Patch. Everything is fine, only the FM radio ... you understand

Battery life is about as good as it gets for a 2014 device.
Native codec support is CPU dependent, but I could be wrong.
It is depended yes, but accordingly to Snapdragon website it's supported, just not with stock ROM I'm afraid. If you don't mind, you don't think you have any way to test it do you?

petefoth

hi, i add to the missing parts to your local_manifest.
Thanks very much - that worked.

Now I'm building for z3tcw, and the build is failing because of missing defconfig

`FAILED: ninja: 'kernel/sony/msm8974/arch/arm/configs/lineageos_shinano_z3tcw_defconfig', needed by 'out/target/product/z3tcw/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config', missing and no known rule to make it`

I know nothing about kernel configs :( Can I just copy `lineageos_shinano_z3tc_defconfig` to `lineageos_shinano_z3tcw_defconfig`, or do I need to make changes?

evil-god

Thanks very much - that worked.

Now I'm building for z3tcw, and the build is failing because of missing defconfig

`FAILED: ninja: 'kernel/sony/msm8974/arch/arm/configs/lineageos_shinano_z3tcw_defconfig', needed by 'out/target/product/z3tcw/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config', missing and no known rule to make it`

I know nothing about kernel configs :( Can I just copy `lineageos_shinano_z3tc_defconfig` to `lineageos_shinano_z3tcw_defconfig`, or do I need to make changes?
sorry, please remind me later this day, i will sync the config to gitlab.

edit: @petefoth synced

Last edited:
Reactions: petefoth

Tek1986

Jul 11, 2022
hello, I need help. my sgp 621 is locked. I tried to install the pbrb recovery but it doesn't work, fastboot says OK but the terminal doesn't load the recovery. the only recovery that works is twrp 3.0.2-0. what can I do?

tommes_d

Mar 27, 2013
Bonn
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Kingroot only works with Android until 4.4, you are on MM. Use ADB or flashtool. For unlocking bootloader search Z3TC-section, these are absolutely basics and not part of this thread. You need unlock code from sony. Everything is described here - read.

petefoth

I have recently made unofficial and custom builds of LineageOS for microg for these devices, using @evil-god's sources.

The builds are available in this AndroidFileHost directory

Note that these builds are untested at present, as I don't own one of these devices (yet :))

More information at https://github.com/petefoth/unofficial-l4m-builds/blob/main/README.md

I don't want to hijack this thread, so feedback is welcome in this github discussion

Thanks to @evil-god for the sources, and the help with my manifest

Last edited:

evil-god

I have recently made unofficial and custom builds of LineageOS for microg for these devices, using @evil-god's sources.

The builds are available in this AndroidFileHost directory

Note that these builds are untested at present, as I don't own one of these devices (yet :))

More information at https://github.com/petefoth/unofficial-l4m-builds/blob/main/README.md

I don't want to hijack this thread, so feedback is welcome in this github discussion

Thanks to @evil-god for the sources, and the help with my manifest
all ok, thanks for the rebuild with microg! its useful if someone need microg.
@petefoth first thing: https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2022/jun/30/give-up-github-launch/
second thing: i am not happy with discussion on github and a second thread about this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might be remebering wrong, but didnt this ROM used to have a "Reboot to Recovery Option" in the Power menu before? Can´t seem to find it anymore. Installed the latest Wifi-version.
    no, i never implemented this function.
    @ recoverys: OrangeFox works for me, PitchBlack not, all on SPG621 devices.
    Thanks for all your efforts here guys!
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE

SGP611 WIFI

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, pbrp see above
    build 20220813 august patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20220813 august patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download