[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

petefoth

Noted! I'm thinking about what to do with my repos. I will move stuff from github, but I'm not going to rush, and I'm going to take some time to evaluate the alternatives

i am not happy with discussion on github and a second thread about this device.
OK. If you don't mind people discussing it here... I have that discussion and that repo because I am building for three different devices and I am not going to start three threads in different XDA forums. So that is for stuff that doesn't relate to a specific device. I've edited the post to clarify. Please let me know if that's OK with you.

evil-god

Noted! I'm thinking about what to do with my repos. I will move stuff from github, but I'm not going to rush, and I'm going to take some time to evaluate the alternatives

OK. If you don't mind people discussing it here... I have that discussion and that repo because I am building for three different devices and I am not going to start three threads in different XDA forums. So that is for stuff that doesn't relate to a specific device. I've edited the post to clarify. Please let me know if that's OK with you.
my ok if its not device specific. good luck.

i think as backup for gitlab about codeberg, look great for me. maybe for you too.
have fun with the code.

Reactions: petefoth

petefoth

I should shortly receive a WiFi-only model bought on ebay. Before I start messing, I just want to check which recovery I should be using. I have a few other Sony devices (Z5 Compact, Z3, Z3 Compact) and TWRP works fine for all of them, but I understand it won't work for this device.

From my reading of post #2 (and quite a lot of other posts in the thread :) ), I think that I should use Pitch Black recovery `pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img`, and I can flash that using the normal `fastboot flash recovery pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img `. And no need to mess with installing Orange FOX kernel and boot.img as described in this post . Is that correct, or have I missed something?

Also, how does Pitch Black compare with TWRP in terms of functionality? Does it support backup / restore, wipe / format, file manager etc., or is it 'flashing only'?

Thanks for your help.

evil-god

I should shortly receive a WiFi-only model bought on ebay. Before I start messing, I just want to check which recovery I should be using. I have a few other Sony devices (Z5 Compact, Z3, Z3 Compact) and TWRP works fine for all of them, but I understand it won't work for this device.

From my reading of post #2 (and quite a lot of other posts in the thread :) ), I think that I should use Pitch Black recovery `pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img`, and I can flash that using the normal `fastboot flash recovery pbrp_9.0_z3tcw.img `. And no need to mess with installing Orange FOX kernel and boot.img as described in this post . Is that correct, or have I missed something?

Also, how does Pitch Black compare with TWRP in terms of functionality? Does it support backup / restore, wipe / format, file manager etc., or is it 'flashing only'?

Thanks for your help.
sorry, see your post just now, please highlight me next time , then i get a notification.

pitch black is based on twrp, same for orangefox. same functions, different layout, some extras.
i never have to do things like in your linked post, i just flash it via "fastboot flash recovery filename.img". cant say why some other people have to do it that way, but if they are happy with it...

petefoth

sorry, see your post just now, please highlight me next time , then i get a notification.

pitch black is based on twrp, same for orangefox. same functions, different layout, some extras.
i never have to do things like in your linked post, i just flash it via "fastboot flash recovery filename.img". cant say why some other people have to do it that way, but if they are happy with it...
Thanks. I'll write up how it goes when the phone arrives

Pfrinz

Feb 1, 2022
@ recoverys: OrangeFox works for me, PitchBlack not, all on SPG621 devices.
Thanks for all your efforts here guys!

Reactions: petefoth

sebatsi

Jul 30, 2022
Hi guys! great Rom, thanks a lot! I just need to use ANT+, but it doesn´t work... any suggestion?
Thanks again!

jsbhh

Dec 30, 2011
Hamburg
@ recoverys: OrangeFox works for me, PitchBlack not, all on SPG621 devices.
Thanks for all your efforts here guys!
Hi @Pfrinz
how did you make it work?
I have a SGP621, unlocked with code from sony (fastboot oem...), but none of the two recovery images seem to work for me.
Tried (one by one)
fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash FOTAKernel pbrp_9.0_z3tc.img
fastboot flash recovery pbrp_9.0_z3tc.img
none of them gives a working recovery
Tried
fastboot boot OF-recovery.img downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY [ 0.523s] booting... FAILED (remote: dtb not found) finished. total time: 0.594s
Any idea what to do?
Thanks

jsbhh

Dec 30, 2011
Hamburg
@RedSimply : Done, gerne.

to all: I am only repeating what I have written several times in this thread for SGP621.

First be sure to be on last stock MarshMallow with kernel 23.5.A.1.291
Unlock bootloader and flash boot.img from withing LOS 18.1 ZIP:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Then flash OF-recovery:
fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
(exactly as written!)

Start SGP621 with vol - and pwr button simultaneously pressed. After a short time OF-recovery launches and you can flash LOS 18.1.

Last: Enjoy your new tablet and thanks to our dev evil-god!
Moin,
I followed your instructions but the recovery does not show when I hold vol- and push pwr. I get a short vibration but the screen stays black :/
I downloaded OF-recovery from #2

Pfrinz

Feb 1, 2022
Dont forget to unplug the device from the computer to run recovery.
Otherwise I am really not competent enough for giving advice on all of this as I am just a user and really glad I made it myself at all tbh :)

Pfrinz

Feb 1, 2022
fastboot flash recovery <recovery.img> works for me btw.
Make sure you have it in your platform tools folder.

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Hello.Can someone please tell me the steps from scratch on how to install drivers?I can't enter adb commands anymore.Maybe deivers issue don't know..I lost many hours without result😥 If fastboot drivers will be installed ok,i know the other steps..

tommes_d

Mar 27, 2013
Bonn
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Can someone please tell me the steps from scratch on how to install drivers?

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
hello,really thanks it worked!i successfully flash pitch recovery with cmd cammands.but tablet doesnt boot to recovery,just to system.it seems recovery is missing.what to do now?

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Ok,here is what i did.If dev confirm this way works for all,he could pin it.1)Download flashtool 0.9.8.16,connect tablet till it recognizes it.After a while remove it.2)Then go to flashtool,drivers folder and install drivers.exe.Then find and drag the initial twrp (3.0.2 scorpion windy) inside platformtools folder (or other didn't test).3)Execute the known commands to enter in fastboot mode,but use this command to flash twrp: "fastboot flash boot twrp-xxxx-scorpion(_windy).img" Then boot to twrp with pressing volume down while power on.Or with fastboot command (may not work) .Then from twrp select flash image and select pinned pitchblack.Also i choose "boot" option instread of "system" so this way tablet always boots with twrp.Then from pitchblack flash rom,gapps and reboot.If you want magisk:I flashed modded pinned one.But again i had bootloop to twrp.Then i flashed 24.1 again bootloop to twrp.Then what i did was:Dirty flash rom and gapps.Phone booted normally!Then i noticed there was a weird magisk icon.I pressed and it asked me to install full magisk.I did and finally magisk manager opened!Then from there i updated to latest 25.2 magisk manager and then to 25.2 stable magisk inside magisk manager app like all phones! i hope i helped.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE

SGP611 WIFI

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, pbrp see above
    build 20220918 september patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20220918 september patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download