• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

flouli

Apr 13, 2021
Düsseldorf
www.nmr.hhu.de
I can not confirm problems with GPS (#100) and Google Maps (#98) - for me both work perfectly on SGP611. Also Magisk can be updated to the current version (23) via the workaround described by @evil-god. The only problem is the camera, which is not a major issue but would be nice to work.

Reactions: solnyshok

evil-god

Hi, I managed ton install the zip file thanks to Twrp. Everything seems to work perfectly except for the camera and the GPS which was expected. This version seems very fast and efficient, but when I tryed to scan the system with Avast and AVG antivirus, both apps are detecting 2 malwares build in the system. Is this a false alarm or did any of you experienced the same issue ?
For information, Kapersky and Bit Defender doesn't detect anything.
What are your feedbacks on that point ?
please provide logs, on SPG621(LTE) everything is working, the result of your avast scan could be funny/nice, these apps a build for stock roms, not for custom roms ;-) and most of the time harmful. android !=windows

agneva

May 18, 2015
Hi, I installed it today and was very happy. I only have one small problem, when playing music or audio books the volume sometimes goes very low. I've tried all sorts of things, different media players - but I can't find the cause.

Reactions: the_brad

SageDroid

Sep 2, 2012
I installed lineage-18.1-20210504-UNOFFICIAL-z3tc on my SGP611.
Thanks first of all to your great work!

My first impression is that the ROM runs stable and smoothly.

So far I have found the following bugs:
- Camera cannot take pictures (three camera app tested, log with stock app here)
- Wireless debugging does not work for me, although it displays "Successfully paired". But it could also be that I am doing something wrong.
- The biggest problem is the audio output. The device randomly goes from normal volume to very loud and then back to quiet. It's not hard to replicate, for me it's constant with every song. I can't find anything in the log that seems helpful unfortunately.

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
But I noticed, that some apps, which require root, do not manage to activate the magisk popup request for granting root priviliges.. do not know, if it is because of magisk or because of the app.

evil-god

- Camera cannot take pictures (three camera app tested, log with stock app here)
- Wireless debugging does not work for me, although it displays "Successfully paired". But it could also be that I am doing something wrong.
- The biggest problem is the audio output. The device randomly goes from normal volume to very loud and then back to quiet. It's not hard to replicate, for me it's constant with every song. I can't find anything in the log that seems helpful unfortunately.
right, can confirm camera bug, really strange... will take a look

evil-god

camera fixed. see post #2 for download

rustynail1985

Jun 15, 2010
cairo
i have a broken screen but the touch is working can someone upload a video or pic where to select the options to format cause i cant see it

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
I´m sorry in advance if I´m being a n00b.
I´ve searched this thread and didn´t find any info why the sgp612 is not mentioned: is it because partition size is different from sgp611 and therefore incompatible?
Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @bbiwy : Made a test hotspot with my XIAOMI 10 Lite (5Ghz) and my SGP621 hat no problems to connect.
    Hi,
    please read my post carefully -> 4).

Otherwise we will spam the thread :-(
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE <- as of 14.11.2021 recovery is not loading, if you face this problem, try lineage-recovery

SGP611 WIFI <- maybe the same problem like the recovery for SGP621, waiting for reporting

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, not fully tested pbrp see above
    build 20211114 november patch level
    lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20211114 november patch level
    lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download