• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

pixelvisions

Nov 4, 2010
New York
SGP611: My device booted to recovery, but the screen would not turn on. I used this Guide to install @joschi1979: rom with the help of TWRP recovery...
Thank you!! This solution finally had me up and running, after at least a dozen attempts using alternate routes. I had to force reset the tablet to get it to boot though -- holding power and volume up. (It's possible the other solutions worked too and I didn't realize it, because the tablet wouldn't turn on normally or using fastboot.)

zuiffon

May 5, 2021
Stuck on first step - flashed recovery to fotakernel, but unable to boot into it
Neither fastboot boot command nor power+vol down do not help - tablet boots into system instead

In fact to boot to recovery, I must power on with "the standard method to power on the tablet" without any volume button and when the led become blue quickly press volume down alone.

Corias

In fact to boot to recovery, I must power on with "the standard method to power on the tablet" without any volume button and when the led become blue quickly press volume down alone.
Thx, managed to boot, had to extract kernel from this ROM and flash it first.

5GHz Wi-Fi doesn't work with this ROM for me, locale is set to Russia. Anyone with the same trouble?

JLowe

Jun 22, 2007
LineageOS
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
2. Boot to recovery.
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
Gitlab

fastboot boot OF-recovery.img -> failed
fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img -> failed
fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img -> failed

I can't get the provided 621 recovery neither to boot or flash. Can someone please guide to a working solution how you can update the recovery and boot it.

Tuxianer1988

Jan 30, 2021
Hey,
I succesfully installed the ROM and it is working perfectly fine. When I now started to install apps I am having issues that at around 99% the installation fails, this happens with numerous apps such as MS Office universal app, Roller Coaster Tycoon or Stardew Valley.

I have already clear the cache of the play store app and also removed the updates of it, however it is still failing any idea what this is happening and how to solve this?

A. User

Jun 18, 2014
Thx for this great ROM. Stable, fast, just fantastic!

Has anyone gotten Netflix up and running? No matter the version it always say incompatible.

When checking with a DRM-App, I can't see any info regarding Widevine. Can that be the cause?

Anything I can do, or am doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Sorry for my english it is translated by google ...
    I have an SGP611 in its latest official android version, never rooted.

The possibility of switching to lineageos tempted me but, without necessity, I never risked. But one application, Slack, which is essential to me is no longer supported.

I read the whole thread and uploaded the files but I don't know how to perform the steps given in # 1 ...

Where can I find a detailed walkthrough for the newbie that I am?

Thanks !

Bonjour,
    Désolé pour mon anglais il est traduit par google...
    J'ai une SGP611 dans sa dernière version Android officielle, jamais rootée.

La possibilité de passer sur Lineageos me tentais mais, sans nécessité, je n'ai jamais risqué. Mais une application, Slack, qui m'est indispensable n'est plus supportée.

J'ai lu tout le fil et téléchargé les fichiers mais je ne sais pas comment réaliser les étapes indiquées dans le #1...

Ou puis-je trouver une marche à suivre détaillée pour le débutant que je suis ?

Merci !
    hi, follow this manual, BUT use the recovery and rom from this thread. the manual is from the z3 phone
    Hello friends, I am planning updating my tablet to version 18.1, but I have one question: In the developer settings, is it possible to automatically turn on the usb modem (USB tethering) when the cable is connected? Does this feature work properly?
    yes, is working for me, tested now several time
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621

SGP611 builds from joschi1979 see post #2 for download or on his profile.

In the beginning credits goes to:
    the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    DOWNLOADS

SGP621 LTE, tested recovery
    build 20211014 oktober patch level

SGP611 WIFI build by joschi1979
    click thx for your work :cool:
    Hello, I would like to build for my SGP611 myself. Can you point me to the source code of your Lineage 15.1 build for SGP611, so that I can figure out the differences? I think in the other thread you also only link the source of SGP621. Thanks!
    @evil-god Nevermind. Figured it out myself and have a working build for SGP611. I will upload it here, if you agree.
    It seems like joschi1979 is no longer maintaining the SGP611 build.
    Evil-god, would it be possible that you also make a SGP611 build , like you did in the LineageOS 15.1 thread?