• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
Lausanne
OnePlus 6T
Would it be possible to make a unified rom fo both LTE and wifi-only versions ? (16gb and 32gb) So as to better keep rom updates in sync ? Few if not nobody here apart from you has the slightest idea unfortunately how to patch (which seems to be a source patch, requiring full build of the rom). I have no idea what are the differences are between hw versions of the z3tc device. Luckily, the LTE is just like the wifi-only version, only with a additional model and sim tray which get detected as additional hardware by the OS ? Many thanks in advance for your past (and future) work keeping this tablet alive.

Reactions: meksis and flouli

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
Lausanne
OnePlus 6T
OK, on my SGP612 I did the following :
  1. Putting the device in Flashmode : flashed official firmware SGP612_23.5.A.1.291_R2D_CustomizedUS.ftf
  2. Downloaded the SGP611 rom from Post#2 (lineage-18.1-20210504-UNOFFICIAL-z3tc.zip)
  3. Extracted boot.img from rom from Post#2 (lineage-18.1-20210504-UNOFFICIAL-z3tc.zip)
  4. Dowloaded OF-recovery.img from Post#2
  5. In fastboot mode
    • fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
    • fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot reboot recovery
Device stay with a black screen, LED light flashes red. Device is bricked. Only way out of this situation is to go back to step one and restore official firmware.

Don't know how you guys manage to get another result but this is driving me round the bend...

ps : I presume files for the SGP611 work with SGP612 (the only difference is the size of internal storage)

allofmex

Jan 13, 2012
OK, on my SGP612 I did the following :
  1. In fastboot mode
    • fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
    • fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot reboot recovery
Why are you flashing to recovery AND FOTAKernel??

Hope I remember correctly:
  1. Is your bootloader unlocked? (the stuff with
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock...
  2. If yes please try:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot OF-recovery.img
    This is just temporary, tab will always boot into recovery at power-up. Flash directly to correct recovery partition does not work because of Stock boot does not support.
  3. In recovery: flash lineage-18.1...zip, this will overwrite boot image again
  4. Code:
    fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
  5. Now you should have lineage and recovery (via multiple volume-down press when Sony logo appears)

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
Lausanne
OnePlus 6T
Why are you flashing to recovery AND FOTAKernel??
Because it's repeatedly instructed in this mess of a thread as being the right way to do it. (I don't even know what the heck is FOTAKernel and what is OF_recovery). Anyway I ended up flashing twrp (Scorpion) and it worked. Only thing I still can't seem to manage to install is Magisk. I've been trying to flash magisk (v22.1 sony modded) from twrp but it spits out the following error :
Code:
Could not find 'META_INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file.
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/Magisk-v22.1_mod_sony.zip'

And flashing Magisk v23 zip installs without errors, but still magisk manager doesn't see as installed, for some unknown reason. 🤷‍♂️

Fishaffair

Nov 3, 2017
Because it's repeatedly instructed in this mess of a thread as being the right way to do it. (I don't even know what the heck is FOTAKernel and what is OF_recovery). Anyway I ended up flashing twrp (Scorpion) and it worked. Only thing I still can't seem to manage to install is Magisk. I've been trying to flash magisk (v22.1 sony modded) from twrp but it spits out the following error :
Code:

And flashing Magisk v23 zip installs without errors, but still magisk manager doesn't see as installed, for some unknown reason. 🤷‍♂️
Good day, man! Are you managed to install this rom into SGP612 ? If yes, please, write small instruction how to do this, very appreciated.

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
Lausanne
OnePlus 6T
Good day, man! Are you managed to install this rom into SGP612 ? If yes, please, write small instruction how to do this, very appreciated.
I was about to redo the whole damn procedure to document it, starting by flashing SGP612_23.5.A.1.291_R2D_CustomizedUS.ftf again to start from a clean slate, but Mobile Flash Tool is now refusing to reflash that thing as it now sees my SGP612 as a SGP611. The SGP611 lineageOS rom in post#2 must have tampered with TA partition or some other stuff and messed up stuff. Until I somehow figure out how to force restore the appropriate ftf image to my device, I'll delay documenting. Wouldn't want to risk other people potentially bricking part of their device.
My thought of the day : **** sony and their goddamn TA partition which has been a headache on every single xperia device ever. So called DRMs to protect their camera post-processing (which is lousy anyway). Makes me angry.

Jan 1, 2011
Just i
Code:

Just install the magisk.apk after flashing the zip through recovery if the app is missing

MightySashiman

Apr 15, 2010
Lausanne
OnePlus 6T
Just i

Just install the magisk.apk after flashing the zip through recovery if the app is missing
Maybe I wasn't clear enough :
  • the Magisk 23 apk (aka Magisk Manager app) installs and runs fine.
  • Magisk 22.1_sony_mod zip cannot be flashed correctly (error mentioned in my previous message).
  • On the other hand Magisk 23 zip does flash correctly, but Magisk Manager app does not detect Magisk 23 (the flashed zip) as installed.

A. User

Jun 18, 2014
Unsure about Netflix but Google Pay and banking apps do work after standard tricks (Magisk, Magisk Hide).
Netflix isn't working for me, tried many different versions of the app. With or without Magisk installed.

My device doesn't show any Widevine info or level when checking. Can that be the cause?

Am running a LOS 18.1 ROM on my Z2 Tablet too. Netflix works just fine (latest Play version, with Magisk) and the device shows Widevine L3.

Corias

Netflix isn't working for me, tried many different versions of the app. With or without Magisk installed.

My device doesn't show any Widevine info or level when checking. Can that be the cause?

Am running a LOS 18.1 ROM on my Z2 Tablet too. Netflix works just fine (latest Play version, with Magisk) and the device shows Widevine L3.
This may be hardware or location specific issue, not related to SafetyNet.

Tuxianer1988

Jan 30, 2021
Hey,
I succesfully installed the ROM and it is working perfectly fine. When I now started to install apps I am having issues that at around 99% the installation fails, this happens with numerous apps such as MS Office universal app, Roller Coaster Tycoon or Stardew Valley.

I have already clear the cache of the play store app and also removed the updates of it, however it is still failing any idea what this is happening and how to solve this?
Bumbing it up. Anybody an idea why the installation of the above sample apps is failing and especially how it could be fixed?

Since at least Ms Office is for free can anybody reproduce the issue?

edersouza38

Jul 29, 2021
Maybe just a few notes to somebody that was struggling to have this update installed in a SGP621 just like me: make sure to update the firmware to the newest version available before flashing the recovery/Android ROMs from this thread. In my case the firmware provided in http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/04/26/xperia-z3-tablet-compact-gets-android-marshmallow-23-5-a-0-570/ did the trick. Without the right firmware even FOTAKernel wouldn't be usable. The TRWP for scorpion_windy would fail to install the custom ROM as it does not recognize the device as Z3TC, only the recovery provided here allowed me to install the custom ROM.

Corias

Bumbing it up. Anybody an idea why the installation of the above sample apps is failing and especially how it could be fixed?

Since at least Ms Office is for free can anybody reproduce the issue?
I confirm MS Office market installation issue. APK installs correctly though. This might be Market cache/storage problem (issues while downloading) or related to wrong device fingerprint (Market downloads incompatible APK). I'll try to alter fingerprint to some arm32 device and report in later.

Reactions: Tuxianer1988

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)
    Hi all!

Does anyone have any idea how I can create my own version for SGP612 (The 32 GB Wifi version)?
    It doesn't matter that much, since I don't really use the space but it would still be great. Also would appreciate an update to the 611 version, since camera for me is just crashing even though the may update should have fixed it.
    Also I'm not sure what's up with Netflix but at least for me on @joschi1979 's ROM Widevine seems to be not supported at all (not just downgraded to level 3, but gone).
    Other that these great ROM, looking forward to further developments. :)
    Hello,
    Sorry for my english it is translated by google ...
    I have an SGP611 in its latest official android version, never rooted.

The possibility of switching to lineageos tempted me but, without necessity, I never risked. But one application, Slack, which is essential to me is no longer supported.

I read the whole thread and uploaded the files but I don't know how to perform the steps given in # 1 ...

Where can I find a detailed walkthrough for the newbie that I am?

Thanks !

Bonjour,
    Désolé pour mon anglais il est traduit par google...
    J'ai une SGP611 dans sa dernière version Android officielle, jamais rootée.

La possibilité de passer sur Lineageos me tentais mais, sans nécessité, je n'ai jamais risqué. Mais une application, Slack, qui m'est indispensable n'est plus supportée.

J'ai lu tout le fil et téléchargé les fichiers mais je ne sais pas comment réaliser les étapes indiquées dans le #1...

Ou puis-je trouver une marche à suivre détaillée pour le débutant que je suis ?

Merci !
    hi, follow this manual, BUT use the recovery and rom from this thread. the manual is from the z3 phone
    Hello friends, I am planning updating my tablet to version 18.1, but I have one question: In the developer settings, is it possible to automatically turn on the usb modem (USB tethering) when the cable is connected? Does this feature work properly?
    yes, is working for me, tested now several time
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621

SGP611 builds from joschi1979 see post #2 for download or on his profile.

In the beginning credits goes to:
    the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    DOWNLOADS

SGP621 LTE, tested recovery
    build 20211014 oktober patch level

SGP611 WIFI build by joschi1979
    click thx for your work :cool:
    Hello, I would like to build for my SGP611 myself. Can you point me to the source code of your Lineage 15.1 build for SGP611, so that I can figure out the differences? I think in the other thread you also only link the source of SGP621. Thanks!
    @evil-god Nevermind. Figured it out myself and have a working build for SGP611. I will upload it here, if you agree.
    It seems like joschi1979 is no longer maintaining the SGP611 build.
    Evil-god, would it be possible that you also make a SGP611 build , like you did in the LineageOS 15.1 thread?