• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Tuxianer1988

Jan 30, 2021
I confirm MS Office market installation issue. APK installs correctly though. This might be Market cache/storage problem (issues while downloading) or related to wrong device fingerprint (Market downloads incompatible APK). I'll try to alter fingerprint to some arm32 device and report in later.
thanks much appreciated for the feedback and already saying thank you for giving it a try if there is something that can be done about it :) the APK from the mirror is an option for free apps. But at least with stuff I brought on the store I will have to wait, appreciate the help here.

Anyone had issues with battery meter?
After update from previous version to new it doesn't show actual %% of charge. Charged it to 100%, then play music from streaming radio about 12-15 hours, battery metter still at 100%. Rebooted device - it shows 6%...
Charge it again to 100% and all the same.

UPD: After few charging cycles it finally starts to show actual battery's %%. So, if you faced with same issue, try to do several cycles of charging.

Last edited:

iLashGLX

May 20, 2012
Thank you so much for this ROM! My tab is actually running so much better now. Performance is smooth (better than stock firmware after a factory reset for me) and has been really stable (I only use YouTube, Firefox and Twitch though). It was just collecting dust before and I've actually started using it now. Thanks again!

flouli

Apr 13, 2021
Düsseldorf
www.nmr.hhu.de
Just to give a feedback: Never had this problems again since June. ROM runs stable now.
And thanks for maintaining the ROM and the actual August security patch.
@evil-god: It would be really great, if you could apply this patch also to the ROM of the SGP611 - here these problems are still sometimes occurring. Thank you for your great work!

mchaals

Jan 27, 2009
Debrecen
www.k-1.hu
Hi,
just installed on 621. Netflix is not compatible with this device, HBO GO just quits as I start to watch anything.
Anyone knows why?
Update: flashed LineageOS15, same problem if I don't flash Gapps. After flashing opengapps it was okay. But on 18.1 I can flash whatever gapps I want, no Netflix or HBO Go.

Last edited:

A. User

Jun 18, 2014
Hi,
just installed on 621. Netflix is not compatible with this device, HBO GO just quits as I start to watch anything.
Anyone knows why?
Update: flashed LineageOS15, same problem if I don't flash Gapps. After flashing opengapps it was okay. But on 18.1 I can flash whatever gapps I want, no Netflix or HBO Go.
I am having the same issue, did you check your widevine status?

Nightsax

Sep 17, 2015
So, for all the SGP611 users that are still struggling to install this, I did the following and got it working:

1) flashed latest stock to start fresh with flashtool from androxyde version 0.9.18.6 (only version working for me)
2) extracted boot.img from the rom zip itself
3) flashed the following via fastboot:

fastboot flash recovery OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img

4) unplug and restart device. When you see the LED starting to show up, just press and hold VOL down.
5) flash rom and gapps (optional)
6) reboot and that's it.

Thanks to @evil-god and @joschi1979 and all other participants for providing informations.
Hope that this will help others to get their SGP611 running LOS18.1 too.
Finally managed to install LOS 18.1 on my SGP611 tablet, after hours of struggle.
Thanks a lot for the method.

Reactions: mind.inc

djibux

Dec 6, 2015
Thanks a lot, it works like a charm.

My previous ROM was encrypted. First install was corrupted. It worked the second time after booting to recovery (TWRP), wiping system, rebooting, and wiping system again.

lunaboy73

Jun 28, 2017
Couldn't get Netflix running either. Tried everything: Magisk Hide. MagiskHideProps. Cache Clearing. Several versions of Netflix apk. No luck.
Any ideas?

Chocoofadown

Mar 14, 2021
Couldn't get Netflix running either. Tried everything: Magisk Hide. MagiskHideProps. Cache Clearing. Several versions of Netflix apk. No luck.
Any ideas?
Same here, I think it could be a problem with Widevine, I don't know if we can upgrade the Widevine security level. When I try to check it using DRM info there's no Widevine level mentioned

Whumpscut

Feb 2, 2006
Western Germany
Thanks for this great Rom to keep this old device alive!

I experienced a not so small battery drain, when the device is not in use (empty battery after a few days without using), has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
Thanks for this great Rom to keep this old device alive!

I experienced a not so small battery drain, when the device is not in use (empty battery after a few days without using), has anyone else experienced the same issue?
yes, eventually, without paying too much attention on it.. but after a weekend trip without using the tablet at all, there is low or zero power left.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Sorry for my english it is translated by google ...
    I have an SGP611 in its latest official android version, never rooted.

The possibility of switching to lineageos tempted me but, without necessity, I never risked. But one application, Slack, which is essential to me is no longer supported.

I read the whole thread and uploaded the files but I don't know how to perform the steps given in # 1 ...

Where can I find a detailed walkthrough for the newbie that I am?

Thanks !

Bonjour,
    Désolé pour mon anglais il est traduit par google...
    J'ai une SGP611 dans sa dernière version Android officielle, jamais rootée.

La possibilité de passer sur Lineageos me tentais mais, sans nécessité, je n'ai jamais risqué. Mais une application, Slack, qui m'est indispensable n'est plus supportée.

J'ai lu tout le fil et téléchargé les fichiers mais je ne sais pas comment réaliser les étapes indiquées dans le #1...

Ou puis-je trouver une marche à suivre détaillée pour le débutant que je suis ?

Merci !
    hi, follow this manual, BUT use the recovery and rom from this thread. the manual is from the z3 phone
    Hello friends, I am planning updating my tablet to version 18.1, but I have one question: In the developer settings, is it possible to automatically turn on the usb modem (USB tethering) when the cable is connected? Does this feature work properly?
    yes, is working for me, tested now several time
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621

SGP611 builds from joschi1979 see post #2 for download or on his profile.

In the beginning credits goes to:
    the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    DOWNLOADS

SGP621 LTE, tested recovery
    build 20211014 oktober patch level

SGP611 WIFI build by joschi1979
    click thx for your work :cool:
    Hello, I would like to build for my SGP611 myself. Can you point me to the source code of your Lineage 15.1 build for SGP611, so that I can figure out the differences? I think in the other thread you also only link the source of SGP621. Thanks!
    @evil-god Nevermind. Figured it out myself and have a working build for SGP611. I will upload it here, if you agree.
    It seems like joschi1979 is no longer maintaining the SGP611 build.
    Evil-god, would it be possible that you also make a SGP611 build , like you did in the LineageOS 15.1 thread?