[ROM][Z3TC] LineageOS 18.1 SGP621 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Max8719

May 14, 2018
First of all thank you to evil-good for building and sharing this rom. Also thank you to joschi1979 for making a build for SGP611 users.
I have tested the SGP611 build now for several days. Overall performance is very good and stable. Most things are working very well. (y)

But I also found some minor issues:
  • Speakers sound volume is a bit weird. Like mentioned in an other post before the volume sometimes gets automatic louder or lower, when watching a video.
  • Automatic brightness is not working very well. ( I think this is a general problem in custom roms for this device.)
  • Camera is not working. The app is starting but it is not possible to take a photo or shot a video. The app is generally very buggy.
  • Google maps app is crashing after a few seconds.

Reactions: the_brad

zuiffon

May 5, 2021
Thanks for this ROM !

Most things works very well.

For the moment the only problem I find is that camera doesn't take photo with any application in photo mode. In video mode it works.

There's also the same problem than old lineage with instagram story some pixels are out of the screen in the bottom because it makes a black bar on top.

Last edited:

koogas

Feb 6, 2019
Hey guys, nice work on keeping this device up to date!

Is it possible to upgrade from the unofficial 15.1 LineageOS build to this version without major hassle (wiping everything, etc)?
Thanks!

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
2. Boot to recovery.
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
Gitlab
Have the problem, that Magisk will not install.

C:\adb>adb install magisk.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install magisk.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed collecting certificates for /data/app/vmdl421795227.tmp/base.apk: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl421795227.tmp/base.apk: META-INF/CERT.SF indicates /data/app/vmdl421795227.tmp/base.apk is signed using APK Signature Scheme v2, but no such signature was found. Signature stripped?]

C:\adb>

Any ideas, how to solve it?

madxxcow

Jan 30, 2005
Have the problem, that Magisk will not install.

C:\adb>adb install magisk.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install magisk.apk: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES: Failed collecting certificates for /data/app/vmdl421795227.tmp/base.apk: Failed to collect certificates from /data/app/vmdl421795227.tmp/base.apk: META-INF/CERT.SF indicates /data/app/vmdl421795227.tmp/base.apk is signed using APK Signature Scheme v2, but no such signature was found. Signature stripped?]

C:\adb>

Any ideas, how to solve it?
You must do it through recovery.
I did as said in first post : unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, then flash via recovery

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
Installed it. But if I try to start, there is still packet parsing error.

Update:

AAAAARGH!

Now even the recovery is not accessible (reboots into system), and a rollback to stock rom I cannot do. No Fastboot mode (Win 10 doesn't accept the drivers), ELSA and Flashtool don't want the tablet... f*ck.

This evening I will install all the stuff to a virtual Win 7 and hope, It hasn't this issues.

Last edited:

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
Now I´m back to factory stock, with unlocked bootloader thanks EMMA.
But now I have still following problem: no root and no recovery mode. No way to do anything.
Rooting in flashtool doesn´t work, even not in Windows 7. If I use your method with fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img, there is no recovery.
Any hints for an old man?

madxxcow

Jan 30, 2005
Now I´m back to factory stock, with unlocked bootloader thanks EMMA.
But now I have still following problem: no root and no recovery mode. No way to do anything.
Rooting in flashtool doesn´t work, even not in Windows 7. If I use your method with fastboot flash FOTAKernel OF-recovery.img, there is no recovery.
Any hints for an old man?
Have a look at post #67, FOTAKernel flash should be enough but this method worth a try.
Alternatively, instead of flashing recovery you may try to boot it without flashing, fastboot boot OF-recovery.img

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
Have a look at post #67, FOTAKernel flash should be enough but this method worth a try.
Alternatively, instead of flashing recovery you may try to boot it without flashing, fastboot boot OF-recov

Still no recovery and root. Recovery seems to be installed, but nothing at screen visible. Strange.
Anyone a prerooted SGP611 6.0.1 ftf file with recovery for me? Or a way to flash a prerooted system in fastboot mode?

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
Question: as long I tried it with 6.0.1 boot img and OF-Recovery it didn't work. What happens if I use for the procedere the boot image from Lineageos 18.1 and OF-Recovery; will it brick the tablet?

flouli

Apr 13, 2021
Düsseldorf
www.nmr.hhu.de
Question: as long I tried it with 6.0.1 boot img and OF-Recovery it didn't work. What happens if I use for the procedere the boot image from Lineageos 18.1 and OF-Recovery; will it brick the tablet?
No, exactly this will do the job - see #67 + #69. I flashed it this way and it is now running stable for more than two weeks.

Once again many thanks to @evil-god & @joschi1979!

@joschi1979: Is there any chance that the camera issue canbe fixed?

Reactions: dagolard

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
Update
bugs:
- camera not working in foto mode (Video in skype works)
- google maps crashes
- Skype "lost" all contacts after reboot
- sound loud and scratchy sometimes

dagolard

Apr 24, 2011
Solothurn
Yesterday tested a little bit. But probably I will go back to 15.1 for a while, until the 18.1 is more stable. Not at all a good work, and thanks to all developers to keep the tablet alive!

Ah, and for those who has a lack of battery: calibrate the battery after flash! This is VERY useful! I use this one (root, ad-free).

Kojitosan

May 21, 2021
Hi, I managed ton install the zip file thanks to Twrp. Everything seems to work perfectly except for the camera and the GPS which was expected. This version seems very fast and efficient, but when I tryed to scan the system with Avast and AVG antivirus, both apps are detecting 2 malwares build in the system. Is this a false alarm or did any of you experienced the same issue ?
For information, Kapersky and Bit Defender doesn't detect anything.
What are your feedbacks on that point ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-logo.png

LineageOS
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet SGP621 & SGP611

In the beginning credits goes to:

the AICP rom team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Community

Bugs:

• wifi 5ghz not working in some countries, 2.4ghz working fine.
    • Magisk dont work, dont patch boot.img manually, workaround unzip this modded apk and rename apk to zip, the flash via recovery

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing!
    If you believe you know what you're doing and do a "dirty" flash - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM, (optional GApps) and transfer them to your device(or sideload via adb)
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) or Magisk, use this mod
    6. Reboot and set up your device.

Sources:
    Gitlab
    DOWNLOADS

Recovery (Pitchblack Recovery Project, pbrp)

SGP621 LTE

SGP611 WIFI

ROM

SGP621 LTE, legacy tested OrangeFox-Recovery, pbrp see above
    build 20230424 april patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)

SGP611 WIFI
    build 20230424 april patch level
    optional lineage recovery (no touch, use volume up/down and power)
    Updated SGP611 build: sensors and camera fixed
    download
    Any skilled tester here? i make a build for the SGP611, now i need some brave tester, you should know how to collect debug data like "adb logcat > boot01.log".

ROM IS UNTESTED, IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW BRING IT BACK TO LIFE FROM A BOOTLOOP, DONT WRITE ME!

write me a message to get a download link.
    see #2 for download
    Hello, a SGP611 updated build would be appreciated. If a developer reads my prayer, please help :)