[ROM] ZenEXP-0.9.7 New Expresso MT3G Slide [OLD THREAD]

Search This thread

alexthearmo

Nov 22, 2009
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the comments. :)

There is not much more we can remove it has to be somewhat complete cuz it needs a wipe.

These are beta roms so expect updates and frequent wiping. I wipe my phone 3 times a day sometimes lol.

If you want to make the same changes over and over you can make a script go re write things you want to change or rm things you don't want.

Unfortunately we have to make a generic Rom as everyone will customize differently. We can't make tons of versions.

We release a base and if you want anything different that's all up to you guys to do what you want with it.

If you flash roms a lot my suggestion is to get titanium backup paid version it is worth the money. It makes backing up settings and apps easy and batch restore is a super plus
-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Hero

Understandable. :) I got Ti Backup. Best app ever. Thanks for all your work! You guys are awesome!

alexthearmo

Nov 22, 2009
www.myspace.com
I'm stuck on the white htc screen after updating through the zen updater. I wen't from 9.6 to 9.6.2 . It's been about 20 minutes....possibly more. Any advice? I might just nandroid and stick with 9.6.

wcgbmd

Dec 3, 2009
I am just trying to give some helpful input on the issue of "rm"ing stuff. Flipzmode and some others remove Stock Sprint Content as well as some system apps like Quick Office and will have an extra .zip file you can flash at the end of the post to restore these removed apps if a user wants to.

Problems I have:
-When doing anything with a contact you can add it to "my faves"
-Unable to change data roaming settings since the mobile network menu crashes.
-Signal is 1 bar compared to full bars I get on other roms.
-Left Over T-Mobile files in system/framework
-Left Over T-Mobile menus in various places I can't name off the top of my head but do with messaging, contacts, and media for the most part.

All problems seem to be do to left over t-mobile files. If you can modify settings in the Mobile Network section of Settings please tell me, if the phone's roaming mode is set to automatic and not sprint battery life and signal is going to be degraded and bills will be higher I'm assuming. I'm using the latest 9.6.2 version with an EXT3 Class 6 SD Card with Apps2SD enabled. I have SetCPU configured at the max and min settings.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Starting to think my phone is on crack. it won't sleep. Not on this ROM or Fresh Toast or Fresh based on the newest 2.1 none of them will sleep.

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
I am just trying to give some helpful input on the issue of "rm"ing stuff. Flipzmode and some others remove Stock Sprint Content as well as some system apps like Quick Office and will have an extra .zip file you can flash at the end of the post to restore these removed apps if a user wants to.

Problems I have:
-Left Over T-Mobile menus in various places I can't name off the top of my head but do with messaging, contacts, and media for the most part.

All problems seem to be do to left over t-mobile files. If you can modify settings in the Mobile Network section of Settings please tell me, if the phone's roaming mode is set to automatic and not sprint battery life and signal is going to be degraded and bills will be higher I'm assuming. I'm using the latest 9.6.2 version with an EXT3 Class 6 SD Card with Apps2SD enabled. I have SetCPU configured at the max and min settings.
The t-mobile frameworks are there for mymodes/themes. It's not left over.
Read a couple posts back about signal strength. Don't go by the bars. And battery life is what you make it. Play with the setcpu settings turn off gps etc...

alexthearmo

Nov 22, 2009
www.myspace.com
ya...and it get's stuck on the white htc screen for me. I'd like to try it as a flashable zip. (I know that's what it essentially is, but...i dunno...I can't get 9.6.2 to boot).

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
Hey Zen, I'm not sure if you guys have i set that way or I just need to retry but in 0.9.6.2 with oc widget 691 is the highest I can set it to. Every other version with OC it would allow setting to 768. With that said using the test update, that updated dalvikvm lib definitely is making the experience smoother for me scrolling and switching pages etc...

zippy-man

Nov 20, 2009

Problems I have:

First off it is easier to do rm then flash a bunch of zips for removed items. We are making the Rom work I am not worried about how people want to customize it.

Where are you finding Fav's I cannot find this anywhere?

Mobile network settings are known not to work this is a GSM rom we are working on it.

Check your db in settings do not look at the "bars" they are deceiving.

Also I am not finding any t-mobile menus anywhere.

Helping is naming off those locations etc

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
Here is another update to test. It will fix voice search and also set the default clock to min 245 and max 691 and set the governor to ondemand. it also has the libs i just included in the update1 test.

this way you don't get the lag on first boot or any after. install setcpu or overclock widget if you want anything different.

http://code.google.com/p/zen-droid/downloads/detail?name=ZenEXP-0.9.6.2-update2.zip

Also here is an update that will install the aosp keyboard with voice input.
http://code.google.com/p/zen-droid/downloads/detail?name=AOSP-Voice-Keyboard.zip

Last edited:

black7

Oct 30, 2008
I just updated to 0.9.6.2 and noticed something a little odd. The option in settings > personalize for expanding to 7 home screens from 5 is grey'd out and I am unable to select it. Is this something new or did something go wrong with my install?

Also, the HTC people widget has force closed on me on 0.9.6 and 0.9.6.2 when trying to add it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts