• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[rom] [zeroltexx,zerofltexx,..can] crDroid 4,5,6 (unofficial) (8,9,10)

Search This thread

Modzmarvin

Feb 27, 2017
ROM review

new build: crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190612-zerofltexx-v5.5.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vkb4lgbjcjjz1/zero

I have been through 3 versions of 8.1 and 3 versions of 9.0, with a mixture between lineage based ROMs and resurrection remix.
Not a single one has been stable, with one of the 8.1 versions being the most stable.

Most of the time they would restart randomly, one of the 9.0 versions would just get a black screen and would need to restart the phone like 16 times a day.
I had a temper tantrum and went back to an 8.1 backup to find its broke and stumbled upon this.

The install went absolutely perfect.
9.0 Gapps worked perfectly.
Network, location and every key component seems to be working perfectly.
The crdroid launcher crashed a few times but still worked.
Because of the "show 4g instead of LTE taught me LTE is 4g, which I didn't realize, franticly trying to fix it for months.

The style is sleek, some lovely features like the icons show a nice loading bar when installing.

Root seemed to be preinstalled and can be enabled in dev settings without floating su zip.

I will continue to follow this till the day your works stops! Amazing work!

Only suggestion; add the download link to the updates in the first post. When I clicked the first one to find the links broken, I assumed the ROM is abandoned and luckily went to the end to be sure.

Amazing work pal! Perfectly stable!

10/10

Device: Samsung s6 - sm-g920f
Android version: 9.0
ROM version: crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190612-zerofltexx-v5.5.zip

Small bug:
Answer a call and put it on loudspeaker strait away, you need to the turn loud speaker back off then back on to hear anything.
Like its not catching the input if clicked before the app registered you're in a call
The wifi icon don't show when connected, sometimes.

Around 3 days into using this room:

Okay so the last few days there has been the odd system reboot and a few apps becoming unstable, but in comparison to every ROM I've tried, the crashes are fairly painless.
Instead of the whole phone restarting, the ROM just has a quick black screen then goes back to the lock screen in seconds.

Started to notice the wifi icon won't show

The battery seems to be holding out real nice (fitted a new battery today. ROM really handles battery power well!).
Apps open fast.

Feels so refreshing to have a 90% stable phone from a 40% stable phone ?

Last edited:
Reactions: transi1

Modzmarvin

Feb 27, 2017
App crash

new build: crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190612-zerofltexx-v5.5.zip

Anyone else having an issue where things like YouTube music, messenger overlay chat heads plus more, randomly just close?

Its becoming to the point in the last hour youtube music's closed about 9 times now.

Disabled it being battery optimized also disabled app standby in Dev tools.

Not in battery saver and have performance set to balanced.

Happy to provide logs if given a place to post it?

Its such a shame cause its 95% stable. Just this one issue that is making the ROM unusable and this makes me real sad panda :(

Regards

Edit:
Okay so I have to go back to lineage 14.1 I think and just wait out this ROM being fixed up a little.

The camera isn't working and now the keyboard keeps forcing to close. Writing this has taken me like 15 min.

Let me know if I can send a bug report and were.

Look forward to hearing from you

Last edited:

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
new build: crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190719-zerofltexx-v5.6.zip

Extremely explanatory posts... ;)

Just flashed this version, plus micro G. Firs impression: unusable: once the screen locks, it remains black no matter what, and needs to be force-rebooted. Besides, screen brightness can't be adjusted.

I'll give it another try without micro G and see what gives.

[EDIT] 2nd try (no microG this time) exactly the same, obviously after a full wipe (Cache, Dalvik, System and Data).
Bugs observed:

- There isn't a setup process: the system boots for the first time right into the main screen.
- Amazingly, the phone believes I have two SIM slots. (???)
- Screen brightness can't be adjusted.
- After the screen locks, it remains black.

Back to stock. :) I'll visit here in a few weeks and see if there are any improvements.

[EDIT2:] Just found out that I downloaded the wrong ROM for my device: zeroflte instead of zerolte. I'll start over from scratch with the correct version.

Last edited:

DqrKn3Zz

Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2015
Chiapas
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Extremely explanatory posts... ;)

Just flashed this version, plus micro G. Firs impression: unusable: once the screen locks, it remains black no matter what, and needs to be force-rebooted. Besides, screen brightness can't be adjusted.

I'll give it another try without micro G and see what gives.

[EDIT] 2nd try (no microG this time) exactly the same, obviously after a full wipe (Cache, Dalvik, System and Data).
Bugs observed:

- There isn't a setup process: the system boots for the first time right into the main screen.
- Amazingly, the phone believes I have two SIM slots. (???)
- Screen brightness can't be adjusted.
- After the screen locks, it remains black.

Back to stock. :) I'll visit here in a few weeks and see if there are any improvements.

About the lockscreen issue: Disable AOD and DT2W

Reactions: zogoibi and transi1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Based on LineageOS with extra goodies.

This is a free AOSP / LOS Android based ROM bringing a lot of custom features ported from AOSPA, SlimRoms, OmniRom and many others great roms out there
    crDroid brings what Android have of most advanced in terms of customization and stability.

Enjoy!

Contributors
    transi
    Android OS Version: 10.x

Thnx: ripee

Version Information
    Source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/enesuzun2002?tab=repositories

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vkb4lgbjcjjz1/zero

Newest download link in last post
    Heya! Tested this ROM on the S6 Edge G925F, so here's a little overview/report :D
    A little Warning though. Like udit557 already mentioned, Gapps are causing the ROM to instantly reboot after getting to the WiFi Setup Screen. However, without Gapps, the ROM is working fine.

What's Working?
    ~ WiFi
    ~ Calls
    ~ NFC
    ~ Bluetooth
    ~ Mobile Data (2G/3G/4G/LTE)
    ~ Fingerprint
    ~ Navigation Bar
    ~ Adaway (in-built)
    ~ Change UI Style (although it gives you a fc message "system ui has stopped" while applying a new Theme)
    ~ Downloads using the in-built Browser are working well, depending on your Internet Speed it downloads even a 200MB Gapps Package pretty fast :D

Other things:
    ~ SELinux: Enforcing
    ~ In-Built Root
    ~ Security Patch: 5 July 2018 (which is the latest Patch for now :D)
    ~ Doze / Ambient Display: Working
    ~ Edge Gestures (Pretty cool Feature I think :))
    ~ Has about 50+ different Fonts

What's NOT Working:
    ~ Disable HW Keys -> HW Keys are still functional after activating this
    ~ Once again: Gapps are causing reboot! Instant Reboots after getting to the WiFi Setup Screen.

That's it for now! :D
    new build: crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200501-zeroltexx-v6.5.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/44h7slcktppne/zero
    new build: crDroidAndroid-8.1-20190124-zeroltexx-v4.7.2.zip