[ROM] [ZV6] UltraPOP V1.51 HiPerf LS991 [12-19-2015]

Search This thread

cubexg

Apr 22, 2011
New York
Quick q - when upop 1.52 (or whatever next release number is) does come out can it be dirty flashed? Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

bk73w

Dec 21, 2012
About to install, but i saw mods that changes video recording to 4k and another for wifi tether. Are they already enabled in this or should i flash the mods? Thanks.

Edit: have it installed and everythings running pretty smooth. Any way to get an apk for the native Calendar, and music app? TIA

Last edited:

bk73w

Dec 21, 2012
Been having some lag/freezing since installing. Anyone have an idea or a fix?

chulo12

Jan 25, 2008
Alabama

I have also. On 1.5 didn't have any lag. I did a dirty flash on this version. I'm thinking a factory reset may clear that lag. I have just been waiting for the next version.

Sent from my LGLS991 using XDA Premium HD app

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have also. On 1.5 didn't have any lag. I did a dirty flash on this version. I'm thinking a factory reset may clear that lag. I have just been waiting for the next version.

Sent from my LGLS991 using XDA Premium HD app

I did not experience much lag or stutters except during transfers of data over cell service besides stutters in the Chrome browser. Though the phone should speed up and smooth over more in the next version with all the new tweaks that will carry over from the UP AOSPish ROM. I never recommend a dirty flash, though nothing critical stopping you. It just leaves 'crumbs' from things that are no longer there or change.

I should be making more headway on the new version of UltraPOP now that i have finished the AOSPish ROM starting this weekend (I run AOSPish as my daily - the thing flies now and has brought more joy in using the phone now.)

/.

bk73w

Dec 21, 2012
I did not experience much lag or stutters except during transfers of data over cell service besides stutters in the Chrome browser. Though the phone should speed up and smooth over more in the next version with all the new tweaks that will carry over from the UP AOSPish ROM. I never recommend a dirty flash, though nothing critical stopping you. It just leaves 'crumbs' from things that are no longer there or change.

I should be making more headway on the new version of UltraPOP now that i have finished the AOSPish ROM starting this weekend (I run AOSPish as my daily - the thing flies now and has brought more joy in using the phone now.)

/.

Sounds good. And it was a clean flash, as it was the first. I also get hands free activation with every reboot.

bk73w

Dec 21, 2012
Anyone having issues using mircast? Ive tried multiple devices and it doesent seem to want to connect. Thanks.

bk73w

Dec 21, 2012
I believe UltraPop has broken mircast. I confirmed by trying to connect to the same device with a stock G4 on the same Android version.

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
How do I make the stupid "system update downloaded" notification go away?

Also, for those wanting to remove the Nagging update notification, no need to remove any system apk files (which has been reported to break things). Just let the update download, then when it nags in the notification area to install -just browse to the /cache directory with a root or file explorer and delete the update .zip file it downloaded. After you delete the updated ZIP file, select the nag notification option to reboot and install (but you deleted it). It will count down to reboot, but when it hits zero it won't actually reboot. That is when you just manually reboot the system, and the update and nag notification will be gone for good (until you factory reset in future).

/.

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
UltraPOP V1.6 Testing

I need a tester or two for testing the new UltraPOP v1.6 ROM. You will have to be willing to factory reset after install and see how it runs or issues that may come up. I only need a few people, so PM me if you are willing. I need someone who is very comfortable with testing and resetting and doesn't need help with flashing or restoring if needed.

/.

rickmatic

Aug 7, 2009
Bell, CA
Agimax, i recently came across the "factory reset" option under settings. Theres also a "Data reset" or "factory wie" option in stock recovery. Which option do u mean when you say factory reset? I always did the recovery wipes before installing your roms, never knew about reset in settings ?

Mrscientist... Its a modified stock version(read the changelog for exact info). And No to the other question.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMadScientist

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
OnePlus 8 Pro
UltraPOP ZVA V1.0

Well, i got my phone back from LG Repair on Saturday afternoon (New Motherboard Replacement). I am back in the game -soooo i am happy to announce:

First Version of UltraPOP ZVA V1.0 will be released in the next week or so
. It will NOT have root!

UP ZVA v1.0 Will Include:

Debloated (Same as UltraPOP ZV6)
NovaLauncher (Free Version) (No More LG Launchers)
YAATA Messenger (Latest, Free Version)
BUSYBOX
Super Loud Audio (For Handset, BT, Output, Headphone, Speaker)
Rotation Of Lockscreen & Launcher
Disabled Logs For Increased Speed
Longer Wifi Scan Intervals
Reduced Phone Call Delay
Removed Forced Provisioning
Uninstallable Apps (Yaata, LG Smartworld, Google Play Games)
Timely Alarm Clock (Free Version)
60 FPS Video Recording (Settings Option)
100% Quality (Video/Picture Taking)
ADB Notify Icon Hidden
QSlide Apps to 5 Max
ALL Apps Split Windows Supported
AND FINALLY EDITABLE APN / LTE Hidden Menu Access (Like in ZV6 From apps like free quickshortcutmaker) * No More Downgrading then upgrading!*

/.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ultrapop.png

UltraPOP LS991 LG G4 V1.51
    Heavily Modified / Ultra Tweaked Lollipop ZV6 5.1

Ultra_POP_Screenshots.jpg

First Off,
    Thanks To My Testers:

Tadp0le
    Jaxbierley
    tourbound129
    PureLife90
    LaughingCarrot
    lafinjack

Note: Factory reset has been fixed in UltraPOP V1.3 & Above

Warning: You MUST Be On ZV6 Firmware To Flash This ROM!
    I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO SOFTBRICK THEIR DEVICES! USERS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

ALWAYS Keep A STOCK ROM IMAGE On Your INTERNAL MEMORY!

Features:

V1.2
    Ultra De-Bloated
    Ultra Injected INIT.D Support
    Ultra Handy Busybox
    Ultra Ad Blocking Program
    Ultra Loud Audio Enhancement
    Ultra Smooth I/O Tweaks & Caches
    Ultra Tweaked VM/Kernel/Tasks
    Ultra Tweaked ONDEMAND Governor
    Ultra Bumped Camera Picture & Video Quality (99%)
    Ultra Bumped Camera Picture & Video File Size (Up To 8mb)
    Ultra Slick Timely Alarm Clock
    Ultra Customizable YAATA Messaging App By Kajozord (With Permission)

V1.3
    - Tweaked I/O Functions A Little More
    - Tweaked Kernel 2 Large Cores Governor
    - Tweaked Kernel Ramp Up/Downs 2/4
    - Updated Some LG Apps / VM

V1.41
    - Upped Limit For Open Quick Settings
    - Allow All Apps In Dual Window Mode
    - Added PowerSave To 4 Small Cores
    - Reduced Upper Limit On 2 Big Cores
    - Allowed More Idle Time On 6 Cores
    - Changed Permission For EXT SD Card
    - Status Bar ADB Icon Now Hidden
    - Reduce Call Ring Delay
    - Increased Wifi Scan Rate To 2 Minutes
    - Lock Screen Rotation To Landscape Mode

V1.42
    - Reverted forced mostly idle mode (introduced in V1.41)
    - Reverted forced launcher in memory (introduced in V1.41)
    - Changed background app limit from 24 (introduced in 1.41) to 36 (32 is stock)
    - Slight bump in large core upper freq limit ~300 Mhz
    - Forced External SD card permissions for Media & R/W Access
    - Powersave bias mode for 4 small cores (seems stable/good)
    - Normal bias mode for 2 large cores

V1.50 Hi Performance
    ** I recommend a factory reset **
    (you can backup with LG backup then restore after reset

- Removed Lots more bloat and useless programs (like LIA, QV, TEST SW)
    - Removed Concierge / Smart notifications
    - Left powersave mode on 4 small cores (found a better combo for smoothness)
    - Lots of tweaks to On Demand governor for all cores (more balance)
    - Many touch boost tweaks for MSM (stock is off)
    - Reduction in top speed to 864 mhz for both large cores (but is much more snappy due to touchboost / ondemand tweaks)
    - Multiple-load/Single-load adjustment tweaks for MSM (1 core)/(2 cores)
    - Enabled schedules in MSM (stock is off)
    - More permission fixes for rw media & external sd card
    - Charging boost to 1000 mA for wireless charging (900 is stock)
    - Fast charging boost to 2000 mA -w/ LG Cord/charger (1800 mA is stock)
    - Fast charging boost to 1600 mA -w/o LG Cord/charger (1600 mA is stock)

V1.51
    * No Wipe Necessary
    Added Many More SD Card Permissions/Fixes
    Changed DPI Back To Stock 640 dpi (Other DPIs Cause Issues)

Future Plans:

More Memory / Governor / System Tweaks & Fine Tuning
    Removing Any Remaining Useless Bloat
    Make Two More Versions -One Like Bare AOSP & One For Pure Performance

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.) Download & UnZip The UltraPOP Image File
    2.) Copy The UnZipped Image File To Your INTERNAL SD Card
    3.) Copy A STOCK System Image File To Your INTERNAL SD Card (In Case You Ever SoftBrick)
    4.) Use The DD command technique using the Send_Command program from the LG G4 Rooting thread the same way send a rooted system image to the phone, only replace the rooted system image name with UltraPOP image name on your SD Card.

The DD Command Is:
    Code:
    dd if=/data/media/0/LS991_UltraPOP_V1.51.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

If you have NO IDEA what the DD Commands are, or how to put your phone in download mode, or you need better instructions, or how the process for rooting the LG G4 (LS991) works, STOP and read the other threads referenced below BEFORE you end up bricking your phone!
    Reference:
    G4 Rooting Thread
    G4 ZV6 Update/Stock Images Thread

UltraPOP Download Link:
    LS991 Sprint G4 UltraPOP V1.42 [ZV6]
    LS991 Sprint G4 UltraPOP V1.51 [ZV6]

Please Buy Me A Coffee Or Show Appreciation:
    click-> DONATE <-click

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!
    /.
    I know that I will have to wait for the performance model as @Agimax has his hands full at the moment. Good job btw on ULTRAPOP. Love it

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The performance of UP v1.5 is nothing short of amazing... Tweaks have exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds!
    I will be updating UltraPOP to V.152 beginning of next month. I am putting the final touches on the UltraPOP AOSPish v1.1 and should release this weekend. I have tested much better tweaks than previously used and am updating the built-in apps, removing more bloat, making much more programs from stock and added un-installable.

/.
    UltraPOP V1.3 Released

Happy to Announce The Release Of UltraPOP V1.3

V1.3
    Fixed Factory Resetting Loop Issue (It is now recommended to factory reset)
    Tweaked I/O Functions A Little More
    Tweaked Kernel 2 Big Cores Governor
    Tweaked Kernel Ramp Up/Downs 2/4
    Updated Some LG Apps / VM
    * Let ROM Settle In A Few Days For Better Overall Performance *

Please Buy Me A Coffee To Show Appreciation!
    click-> DONATE <-click

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!
    /.
    Quick and fluid ROM running 1.5. Only issue so far is this FC. Happens when I try to add a custom Ringtone sound. Remedy that I used was actually opening the app, which was Zedge, and then setting the ringtone there. The ringtone would show up in the sound menu then, but I just can't add a sound from Ringtone via Settings. Suggestions anyone? TIA :)

I believe it is a permissions based issue, and should be fixed, along with the DPI issue in the next release. Probably 1.51

I have the UltraPOP AOSPish v1.0 ROM almost ready for release also.

I am also trying to get the 6.0 stock ROM to be flashable via DD from download mode without it locking down the device, but is a WIP. I finally have the Boot (Kernel), Modem, and System partition ripped from the TOT and will be toying with it soon this week.

/.