[ROM][ZVB] MellowMallow | Debloated, 60fps 4k Cam, Adblock | v1.04 | 6.14.16

Search This thread

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
Stock Messaging APK??????

Did the stock messaging apk get posted somewhere??? Ive seen it requested multiple times in this thread, but never saw where OP posted a link for it....Also, Im on ZV6 Rooted with Titanium Backup. Im assuming no TB backups will work with this rom??? Is the jump to this MM worth loosing root and TB????

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.:good:

kiroga

Mar 11, 2008
Hello, in GSM the apn settings are not working. It never connect to the data network.
The voice telephone calls are working OK, but there's not data.

CLUPER

Aug 23, 2012
Tegucigalpa
Hello, in GSM the apn settings are not working. It never connect to the data network.
The voice telephone calls are working OK, but there's not data.

The same Problem :/

Edit: data Problem Solved :)

now I need to return to the stock as I do?
as I need the app messages

Last edited:

Shandora

May 5, 2016
When do we have v1.02?

Hey guys, it's been time since you last update, and we would like to see next better verson as soon as you can, or please just update file host regularly, I have trouble with ad, it shows up a lot now :( thank you very much

Last edited:
Reactions: ledev

Lussardi

Mar 24, 2013
San Salvador
the same trouble, I try it on 2pc ( 7 usb ports ), command.exe not respond, I`am flash flex2 and another G4 (ZV6) by this method but ZVB fu*ks me
-------------------------
for all:
Try different USB cables, only one of 4 give me process without errors

Try in another computer ;) this method to flash MellowMallow don´t work in Window 7 64 Bits but if you try in Window 8 works fine, i research this... I try in 4 pc whith Window 7 not work, but i try in 2 pc´s whith Window 8 and works fine this method! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

The same Problem :/

Edit: data Problem Solved :)

now I need to return to the stock as I do?
as I need the app messages

use Hangouts to manage yours SMS

CLUPER

Aug 23, 2012
Tegucigalpa
Try in another computer ;) this method to flash MellowMallow don´t work in Window 7 64 Bits but if you try in Window 8 works fine, i research this... I try in 4 pc whith Window 7 not work, but i try in 2 pc´s whith Window 8 and works fine this method! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

use Hangouts to manage yours SMS

El problema no es mio lo pienso vender y por eso quiero regresar a stock por si hay mas de algun bug por el cual cliente se pueda quejar!

Tekken Lord

Nov 5, 2007
El problema no es mio lo pienso vender y por eso quiero regresar a stock por si hay mas de algun bug por el cual cliente se pueda quejar!

English please, I try the translation as of the following:

The problem I think is not mine to sell and I want to go back to stock if there is more than a bug by which customer can complain!

bukhaarione

Jun 6, 2016
I cant run mobile

Hello. I just installed Global version, but I cant run mobile data. Try to change mobile operators , APN's and i have done factory reset - nothing helped. Any suggestions? please

Last edited:

bukhaarione

Jun 6, 2016
Just go to Settings >> Backup & reset >> Network settings reset >> reset settings

Then restart and probably you have to update APN settings.

still not working!

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Hello. I just installed Global version, but I cant run mobile data. Try to change mobile operators , APN's and i have done factory reset - nothing helped. Any suggestions? please

i'v found the solution.
here is a link for fix
http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/g...oesnt-t3356706

Balochnav

Apr 29, 2016
Hello, the problem related with the data connection has been resolved?
Yes its resolved..

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Now you can go back to stock ZVB without being afraid of losing data or signals... All you have to do after Installing MellowMallow ROM is Upgrade with Given TOT file.. You will get stock ZVB with signals and Data Working :)
10325f5e547e73fc122f5b04b5211fd8.jpg
e18eff455f3ab2842671552ef8342d6b.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
Did the stock messaging apk get posted somewhere??? Ive seen it requested multiple times in this thread, but never saw where OP posted a link for it....Also, Im on ZV6 Rooted with Titanium Backup. Im assuming no TB backups will work with this rom??? Is the jump to this MM worth loosing root and TB????

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.:good:

Can anyone answer this for me??? Did the OP leave this thread??? Is it dead???

RogueJD

Feb 27, 2011
Midwest
Alright, far too many people are screwing their phones up. I'll write a guide.

I'll start by saying that if you're not familiar with working within command prompts, you probably shouldn't be doing this. It's not a reflection on you, personally, it's just that you really, seriously, can turn your phone into a permanent, expensive paper weight.

Ok, here we go:
• Step 1: Determine what kind of phone you have. GSM / Global? LTE? Honestly, if you can't answer this with certainty, stop here. You really, really shouldn't be doing this.

• Step 2: Install the LGUP files from the original post. I read that one should install the file "LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23.msi" first, then the file "LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi" I can't confirm if it makes a difference, but I did as I read, and it worked fine.

• Step 3: Install the LG drivers
Download the file from the original post
Simply double-click the "LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.0.4.exe" file.​

• Step 4: Based on the answer to the question in step one, download the appropriate ROM from the link in the original post.
Extract the ROM. (It's currently packaged as a .7z file. If you don't know how to extract a .7z, then stop here. You probably shouldn't be doing this.
End result, is that you should have the file "MellowMallow_LS991ZVB_v1.01_Global.img" (Global), or "MellowMallow_LS991ZVB_v1.01.img" (LTE)​

• Step 5: Put the ROM on the phone at the ROOT of the internal SD card:
Plug your phone into your PC with the USB.
Ensure you are in "MTP" mode. If a window pops up on your phone, tap "Allow". If not, swipe down on the phone to bring up the notifications menu. You should see a notification titled "USB connected". Tap that notification, then tap "Media Device (MTP)"
Open your File Explorer up on your computer. Depending on your Operating System (OS), you should see "G4" as one of the "Devices and Drives". Double click that.
The root folder should be listed as "Internal Storage". Double click that.
Copy the file to your phone. File only, no parent folder.​

• Step 6: Download the ZVB TOT file from the original post.
It's another .7z. Extract it.​

• Step 7: Boot your G4 into "Download Mode"
Pull the phone out of the case.
Pull the back cover off the phone.
Power off the phone normally.
Hold the button for "Volume Up" and plug the USB cable from your PC into your phone while holding the button.
Keep holding when you see "Download Mode" (or whatever it says, I forgot)
Let go of the button when it says something along the lines of "Downloading, don't turn your phone off."​

• Step 8: Start up the LGUP application on your PC.
It may say something like "Handset not detected". Give it a moment, then just click "OK"
It should bring up an entry in a field with your phone and something like "COMxx" (xx will be a number)
If not, retry this step. I read somewhere that if it still doesn't detect, don't push any buttons. Don't turn the phone off, just pull the battery, put it back in, and let it boot back up.​

• Step 9: Ok, pay attention. This is where you will end up with an expensive paper weight if you screw up. Seriously, it's not too late to back out. Just restart the phone, and walk away clean.
In the LGUP application, ensure the radio button on the bottom is set to "Update".
In the LGUP application, navigate to the folder where you have the extracted .img file by populating the "File" field. Select the .img file, hit OK.
OK... you can still walk away. Just shut it all down, and restart.​

• Step 10: Still here?
Ok, hold the phone in front of your PC so you can see both.
Click "Update" (or "run" - I can't remember what it exactly said...)
You'll see a counter on your PC. When it hits 9%, quickly glance at your phone.
Phone screen should say "COMxx" (xx will be a number)
When you see that, pull the USB cord from the phone. Be quick. You don't have much time. Mess this up, and you're screwed.
Leave the phone alone. Set it down. It should still be in download mode. Careful not to knock the battery out. Not sure what that would do.
Close the LGUP application. It will give you a warning, just do what you have to do to shut that app down.​

• Step 11: Hard part's over.
Download and extract LG_root.zip from the original post.
Extract everything to your PC.
Connect your phone again.
Double click on "ports.bat" in the extracted "LG_root" folder
The batch file will give you a bit of info. One of the lines listed will look similar to LGDIAG. It may have some more letters / numbers on it.
Next to that line will be a port number. Remember it, or leave the window open. Pressing any key will close that window. If you do that, just run the .bat again. No biggie.​

• Step 12: Running the command
On your PC, you should still be in the extracted "LG_root" folder.
Hover your mouse over a blank space in the File Exlplorer. Hold the "Shift" key, and right-click a blank space.
Shift + right click gives you an additional menu option "Open command window here". Click that.
Type "Send_Command.exe \\.\COMxx" (Replace xx with the number you got from step 11) Press enter.
You should see a "#"
In the original post, under the download section for your specific ROM (Remember, Global or LTE), there is a bit of code. copy all of it. Right click the command prompt window, and select "Paste" and hit "enter"
Wait. Approx 2 mins later, you will be presented with another "#"
Type "Leave" and press enter.
Pull the battery from your phone. Unplug it from USB. Put it all back together. Power it on. Voila.​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MellowMallow stock based ROM (Software Version ZVB)

publicpreview.php
    publicpreview.php
    publicpreview.php
    publicpreview.php
    publicpreview.php
    publicpreview.php

Warning: You MUST Be On ZVB Firmware To Flash This ROM! Once you are running the ZVB software version, you can NEVER go back to any previous software version. (ie. ZVA, ZV9, ZV6) I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO BRICK THEIR DEVICES! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Features:
    • Debloated
    • 60 FPS 4k video and 100% JPEG quality camera mod
    • LG Default Boot Animation
    • Minor build.prop tweaks
    • Sound mods/Audio boost
    • Adblock/Hosts file
    • Multi-window support for all apps
    • SD Tweaks
    • ZV6 Hidden Menu (you can now do the old tethering trick with Shortcut Master)
    • Android N Fonts & Emoji (Unicode-9) Includes ability to have racially diverse emoji. (needs keyboard support though) Android N Google keyboard added.
    Todo:
    • Add iOS varying emojis? Android N emoji instead. (has more emoji and supports racial diversity)
    • Let me know...
    Changelog:
    v1.0
    • Initial release
    v1.01
    • Added UTF/Unicode 9 fonts from Android N, including support for the newest and largest set of emojis. (More than iOS)
    • Updated hosts file
    v1.03
    • Added default messaging back due to massive user requests
    • Fixed issue with factory reset causing crashes
    • Updated hosts file
    v1.04
    • Updated Google keyboard to Android N preview version. Has full theming ability and supports Unicode-9 standard 100%. Fully supports diversity emoji.
    • Updated hosts file
    Buggers:
    • None known
    Flashing Instructions:
    THE FOLLOWING METHOD OF ENABLING SEND_COMMAND IS VERY DANGEROUS. ONE SECOND TOO LATE IN PULLING THE CORD AND YOU WILL HARD BRICK YOUR DEVICE. ( @Agimax and I have personally bricked one each already using this method)
    1. Copy ROM image to the root directory of your INTERNAL storage.
    2. Carefully open Send_Command port:
      • Download & Install the LG Drivers & LG Up
      • Download LG_Root.zip.
      • Download ZVB TOT
      • Run LG UP with the ZVB TOT file
      • Once it gets to 9% on your PC (not on your phone)(and you see a green COM# on your phone screen) -[Takes 20-30 seconds at most], disconnect the phone and close LG UP. **If you f-up this step YOU WILL have a HARD BRICK**
      • Download and extract LG_root.zip
      • Connect your phone again and run ports.bat
      • Now check which COM# for LGDIAG port
    3. Send_Command.exe \\.\COMxx
    4. Command to flash is listed next to the download near the end of this post.
    5. After you issue the command with Send_Command.exe, it should pause for about 2 minutes then go back to #.
    6. Type LEAVE then pull battery when complete.

Thanks to:
    @Agimax - For the post template & discovering the use of ZV6 hidden menu apk for hotspot.
    @Pfeffernuss - For the original camera mod
    @Awesomeslayerg - For translating the guide to access Send_Command @hsrose - For finding and writing the original guide to opening the Send_Command port

Release Status:
    Stable

ROM Download Links

New Link: https://cloud.spryservers.net/s/viXaXkvJE0GmHhH
    Command to flash:
    Code:
    dd if=/data/media/0/MellowMallow_LS991ZVB_v1.04.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

Global ROM Download Links

Regarding the GLOBAL version: If you are a GSM/Global user, please flash that version. For now, they are not a unified build. It does not work properly for Sprint/CDMA users. If you have Sprint & want to try it, go ahead, but it will probably be really buggy.
    New Link: https://cloud.spryservers.net/s/viXaXkvJE0GmHhH
    Command to flash:
    Code:
    dd if=/data/media/0/MellowMallow_LS991ZVB_v1.04_Global.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
    Other Download Links

LG Drivers
    LG Up
    LG_Root.zip.
    ZVB TOT
    Stock ZVB System.img
    MD5 (zipped):
    Code:
    7ccc0e417c3ce616e2bc1be6979f614f
    Command to flash:
    Code:
    dd if=/data/media/0/ZVB.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
    MellowMallow Full Repo
    G4 Repo
    Source on Github: https://github.com/tabp0le/MellowMallowROM-for-G4-LS991
    Alright, far too many people are screwing their phones up. I'll write a guide.

I'll start by saying that if you're not familiar with working within command prompts, you probably shouldn't be doing this. It's not a reflection on you, personally, it's just that you really, seriously, can turn your phone into a permanent, expensive paper weight.

Ok, here we go:
    • Step 1: Determine what kind of phone you have. GSM / Global? LTE? Honestly, if you can't answer this with certainty, stop here. You really, really shouldn't be doing this.

• Step 2: Install the LGUP files from the original post. I read that one should install the file "LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23.msi" first, then the file "LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi" I can't confirm if it makes a difference, but I did as I read, and it worked fine.

• Step 3: Install the LG drivers
    Download the file from the original post
    Simply double-click the "LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.0.4.exe" file.​

• Step 4: Based on the answer to the question in step one, download the appropriate ROM from the link in the original post.
    Extract the ROM. (It's currently packaged as a .7z file. If you don't know how to extract a .7z, then stop here. You probably shouldn't be doing this.
    End result, is that you should have the file "MellowMallow_LS991ZVB_v1.01_Global.img" (Global), or "MellowMallow_LS991ZVB_v1.01.img" (LTE)​

• Step 5: Put the ROM on the phone at the ROOT of the internal SD card:
    Plug your phone into your PC with the USB.
    Ensure you are in "MTP" mode. If a window pops up on your phone, tap "Allow". If not, swipe down on the phone to bring up the notifications menu. You should see a notification titled "USB connected". Tap that notification, then tap "Media Device (MTP)"
    Open your File Explorer up on your computer. Depending on your Operating System (OS), you should see "G4" as one of the "Devices and Drives". Double click that.
    The root folder should be listed as "Internal Storage". Double click that.
    Copy the file to your phone. File only, no parent folder.​

• Step 6: Download the ZVB TOT file from the original post.
    It's another .7z. Extract it.​

• Step 7: Boot your G4 into "Download Mode"
    Pull the phone out of the case.
    Pull the back cover off the phone.
    Power off the phone normally.
    Hold the button for "Volume Up" and plug the USB cable from your PC into your phone while holding the button.
    Keep holding when you see "Download Mode" (or whatever it says, I forgot)
    Let go of the button when it says something along the lines of "Downloading, don't turn your phone off."​

• Step 8: Start up the LGUP application on your PC.
    It may say something like "Handset not detected". Give it a moment, then just click "OK"
    It should bring up an entry in a field with your phone and something like "COMxx" (xx will be a number)
    If not, retry this step. I read somewhere that if it still doesn't detect, don't push any buttons. Don't turn the phone off, just pull the battery, put it back in, and let it boot back up.​

• Step 9: Ok, pay attention. This is where you will end up with an expensive paper weight if you screw up. Seriously, it's not too late to back out. Just restart the phone, and walk away clean.
    In the LGUP application, ensure the radio button on the bottom is set to "Update".
    In the LGUP application, navigate to the folder where you have the extracted .img file by populating the "File" field. Select the .img file, hit OK.
    OK... you can still walk away. Just shut it all down, and restart.​

• Step 10: Still here?
    Ok, hold the phone in front of your PC so you can see both.
    Click "Update" (or "run" - I can't remember what it exactly said...)
    You'll see a counter on your PC. When it hits 9%, quickly glance at your phone.
    Phone screen should say "COMxx" (xx will be a number)
    When you see that, pull the USB cord from the phone. Be quick. You don't have much time. Mess this up, and you're screwed.
    Leave the phone alone. Set it down. It should still be in download mode. Careful not to knock the battery out. Not sure what that would do.
    Close the LGUP application. It will give you a warning, just do what you have to do to shut that app down.​

• Step 11: Hard part's over.
    Download and extract LG_root.zip from the original post.
    Extract everything to your PC.
    Connect your phone again.
    Double click on "ports.bat" in the extracted "LG_root" folder
    The batch file will give you a bit of info. One of the lines listed will look similar to LGDIAG. It may have some more letters / numbers on it.
    Next to that line will be a port number. Remember it, or leave the window open. Pressing any key will close that window. If you do that, just run the .bat again. No biggie.​

• Step 12: Running the command
    On your PC, you should still be in the extracted "LG_root" folder.
    Hover your mouse over a blank space in the File Exlplorer. Hold the "Shift" key, and right-click a blank space.
    Shift + right click gives you an additional menu option "Open command window here". Click that.
    Type "Send_Command.exe \\.\COMxx" (Replace xx with the number you got from step 11) Press enter.
    You should see a "#"
    In the original post, under the download section for your specific ROM (Remember, Global or LTE), there is a bit of code. copy all of it. Right click the command prompt window, and select "Paste" and hit "enter"
    Wait. Approx 2 mins later, you will be presented with another "#"
    Type "Leave" and press enter.
    Pull the battery from your phone. Unplug it from USB. Put it all back together. Power it on. Voila.​
    You're welcome! It works?
    Very grateful for the great work you're done with this rom , I send you a small donation for some beers or coffee.
    Here's Transaction ID : 3FN47128RY888951C

It works incredibly well with Claro in El Salvador, here some screenshots:

2i9m14h.png
    1ktib.png

axcghx.png
    ilatc5.png

Greetings from El Salvador
    Julio
    :crying:

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

I've waited all morning so far no GMS , his despair too , help yourself . Thank you.:crying:

That is good for you. Global should work for you. I've just been having issues with uploads today. I've had to build 4 versions of this ROM today. Zipping and uploading almost 20GB takes a long time and a lot of resources. The GSM version will be published, all I ask is to please have patience.
    Here's the Global version link. Ill update the OP later.
    https://cloud.spryservers.net/index.php/s/Vos5F0J9iL3ouxj
    Upload of version 1.01 - with Android N fonts/emoji is complete. (GSM version still uploading)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone