[ROM ZVC][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{06/04/14}{Odex}

Search This thread

wlpywd

Mar 28, 2008
Need to install sdk. Google it. Its simple to do

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have installed sdk, gone through all the tutorials, and it still doesn't recognize the LG. no devices...

I have done this, and all it does is set a path and gets me to a command window.

I know how to use adb, it works on my samsung the way it has always worked for years with my old phones. I think i wasn't very clear in my last post, i'm sorry. The adb won't recognize the phone as being attached. i kill all, do the adb usb, nothing found. adb devices, nothing attached. The LG drivers can go either USB Compsite device, or ANDROID USB Composite device, I've tried both, uninstall all drivers, install drivers, and again, same result. And even after following these two suggestions, installing sdk and setting paths, the phone, when i'm in TWRP can see all the files on there. it looks like its all installed properly from the file browser. but if i go to "sideload mode" it brings up the phone's terminal screen (the grey one, normal) says starting... and is that all it is supposed to say? because thats all it does. and when i plug it in to the computer USB, the computer won't recognize it and adb won't see it.

If the phone is connected to the computer via USB, if on the phone, from twrp, if i go into "sideload mode" or cancel out of "sideload mode," the computer freezes with a noise, then immediately bluescreens. It does not do this if i unplug the phone before going into or out of "sideload mode" on the phone...

At this point, I just want to get the files off the phone internal sd card. Of course i want to fix it, but i'd settle and be ok with that and starting over from that point. I just can't get anything to see the phone.

I know it sounds like a driver issue, but it really doesn't seem to be. I've tried every driver option i can figure out.

I have been on Optimus since 1.6 or 7, I've updated the radios with the versions no problem. I can't figure out what caused this or how to fix it. Please are there any more ideas or suggestions?

please help

update: I did use adb and the computer recognized the phone in recovery mode before this all happened, long ago, when it still worked fine. so i know the computer has the ability somehow to do this again, and i know the drivers i used before worked...
and a little more info, if i turn the phone on outside of recovery mode, it just sits on an LG logo. no sound or anything.
and p.s. - adb is not the goal... i'm just gonna use adb to sideload the rom to install again fresh to get my phone working. If anyone recognizes this issue and has a fix some other way, or from within recovery, please help!

thank you

Last edited:

wlpywd

Mar 28, 2008
ok... that's what I'm trying to ask. how to even get back to stock? there is no removable sd card. i can't figure out why i can't sideload a rom, be optimus or stock. I'm trying to get help in how to do that. I'm stuck trying to get the phone to be seen via usb, which used to work, but now doesn't after this happened.

Just go back to stock and redo it all

roderick08

Oct 19, 2009
Orlando
Since your able to get into recovery mode. You need to power off phone from the twrp menu and put phone in download and then search on xda stock lg g2 sprint. Its really easy

moslondon

Sep 30, 2012
Dallas
1. Delete all about adb/sdk and install everything again step by step, i had a similar problem before, i reinstalled everything and it worked
2. Uninstall any lg software if you have any, the only thing you need are the drivers so leave them
3. Try with a different usb cable
4. Make sure you use a usb 2.0 port not 3.0
5. Disable any firewall and antivirus that you have

That is all i can think about your problem

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

You can try this also http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656275

wlpywd

Mar 28, 2008
I can get into download mode, i have tried following the instructions, but, nothing happens... is that because of a driver issue?

if i do the download mode completely, is it going to wipe and erase my sd card everything?

Since your able to get into recovery mode. You need to power off phone from the twrp menu and put phone in download and then search on xda stock lg g2 sprint. Its really easy

eazyr0llin

May 14, 2012
Melbourne
*this might be a little long*
I've been having a severe issue with the Keygaurd.apk locking up and freezing when I choose to set a PIN or Password. Doing so causes the phone to lock up on the next time the screen turns on, and no matter what password or PIN is entered, correct or not. The phone will unlock for 3 seconds and will then lock up again in a repetitive manner never allowing the phone to truly be unlocked.. Very annoying and DANGEROUS, as you well know that its a bi*t* to get into Recovery mode which is the only thing that can save you so you can Wipe Data/Cache, Format System, and reinstall..... I've had to TOT back to ZVA 4 times in order to be able to ROOT using ioroot24, and also install a Custom Recovery using FreeGee., then coming back to ZVC....... 4 Times... and all i've installed when coming to ZVC is OpTimuS_DE_V2.3ZVC, then LS980ZVC_Modem, i Reboot. AFTER Reboot i go back into recovery and install LS980ZVC_Firmware. I DO NOT have to install the LS980ZVC_WhiteLinesFix_boot, because my device is the LGD variant..

Now one thing Ive noticed is that it doesnt lock up until I install Xposed Framework.

Idk . its a pain not being able to LOCK such a beautiful phone, protecting against Theft.

So i just wanted to share that and hopefully get some help on fixing this issue...

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
So i just wanted to share that and hopefully get some help on fixing this issue...[/QUOTE]

Instead of tot back to zva and ioroot 24, just use ioroot 25 which is zvc/kit kat compatible, and then utilize autorec to install custom recovery-both are there thanks to awesome devs trying to make things nice and smooth for everybody. Autorec and ioroot 25 , are zvc nice n easy - and awesome you will dig. After that you can enjoy Lrod's goodness.

Reactions: Trident

hooover

Aug 3, 2008
State of VA
ok... that's what I'm trying to ask. how to even get back to stock? there is no removable sd card. i can't figure out why i can't sideload a rom, be optimus or stock. I'm trying to get help in how to do that. I'm stuck trying to get the phone to be seen via usb, which used to work, but now doesn't after this happened.

Just something that helped me, for the connection issue it could be as simple as uninstalling and re-installing the drivers on your PC from the phone for the phone to be recognized...I have to do this after every flash...

Last edited:
Reactions: Titchener17

Silent23

Jun 7, 2006
So I am on stock 4.2.2, rooted with just the hotspot mod installed. I am still on ZV8 (yeah, I know), and need some help getting up to date and installing Optimus 2.3. Didn't want to try it on my own and mess something up since I skipped ZVA.

Thanks in advance for the help.

hotbbq

Jul 25, 2011
Framingham, MA
Is there an easy way to get the stock (white) status bar icons (including the spark icons)? I did see anything in the OP or in a search of this thread.

Last edited:

hotbbq

Jul 25, 2011
Framingham, MA
Is there an easy way to get the stock (white) status bar icons (including the spark icons)? I did see anything in the OP or in a search of this thread.

I figured out how to get exactly what I wanted. I simply extracted the de-odexed LGSystemUI.apk from the Stock ZVC ROM that is posted here on XDA. Then in recovery, copied the file to /system/priv-app and rebooted. Voila! Nice default icons.

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Tried everything I could think of but knock on was broken with this ROM. Is there any way you can get rid of the connections optimizer and the Qualcomm location thing? Looked through system/apps but couldn't find them.

Went too CM11 and knock on is working fine... Smh

Either way, thanks for making a ROM for the sprint specific model. I'm sure I'll try it again at some point

Sent from my LG-LS980

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Never had a problem with knock code on this. Maybe redownload. Also delete the aps you want from system/priv-aps and the other from system/app.

Reactions: lurtis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
    youdug
    SAVOCA
    autoprime
    Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
    DRUMSBH
    SupahDave
    R04CH
    L
    ordLugard
    Secret.animal
    mikebeam
    64mosh
    goast
    gattiman
    chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
    Rooted
    buildpro tweaks.
    init.d support with scripts for better performance.
    Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
    All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
    Xposed framework (rovo89)
    GravityBox (C3C076)
    Viper4android
    Furnace kernel (Savoca)
    Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
    Sound Optimizations
    Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
    2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
    3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
    4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
    5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
    6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
    7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
    8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
    9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
    10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
    11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
    12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
    13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
    14-Build.prop tweaks
    15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
    16- Much more!

For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
    Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
    2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
    3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
    2-Open it and go to framework
    3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
    4-Go to modules and select gravity box
    5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
    6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Hello everyone, it looks like I'm going to get my replacement g2 tomorrow, sorry I haven't been around much. Zvc here we go.
    so does this mean we will have a release coming in the near future?

[emoji106]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Working on kk...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk