• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM ZVC][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{06/04/14}{Odex}

Search This thread

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
I've been trying to get my now completely non-working KnockOn to work and playing around with http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2467302, but I haven't been able to get to this hidden menu. The guys in the SuperG2 thread seem to say it works there. I tried the steps in the above thread but get nowhere.
Any ideas? Might this idea work? Possible to be implemented in the next release? Thanks.

I got mine to work by flashing the stock rooted zv8 and radio for that release. Found the hidden menu, updated my touchscreen firmware and now all is well, tho I'm not on optimus de anymore..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I've been trying to get my now completely non-working KnockOn to work and playing around with http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2467302, but I haven't been able to get to this hidden menu. The guys in the SuperG2 thread seem to say it works there. I tried the steps in the above thread but get nowhere.
Any ideas? Might this idea work? Possible to be implemented in the next release? Thanks.

You have to read all of the thread. I just posted the way i fixed with photos of the screens menus. From zvc, super g2.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=54284890

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Titchener17

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
Thanks. I did read the thread and I did exactly what you posted. I just get a long list of error messages. I tried with the hidden menu apk that was already there as well as the one from the op in that thread.

Sent from my phone using XDA Free mobile app

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
Is anyone having problems in getting back into 4G after going into a 3G area? I been running the ROM since day 1 and not until a couple of days ago its been doing that. It was a clean install. Any ideas?

it's not the rom. i changed in build prop unknown to spr ( no-one has confirmed this btw) and also set mrd to second antenna and things are working well again. Hope it helps, has been pointed out may be network , but if i change back those two it hangs on 3g

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Method760

thelgog

Jan 9, 2014
IM ON THE ZVD FIRMEEWARE I GOT THE OTA I WAS ON COMPLETE STOCK AND NOW I HAVE KNOCK CODE YAASSSS also ioroot 25 workz on rooting it on zvd

gattiman12

Feb 16, 2014
You cant just say it although you probably are just trolling Ugh wheres you're proof :sly:

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
Just confirmed with sprint that zvd has not started a roll out

Maybe noy for Sprint, but I've seen a few others talking about getting it.
Any guess what this is? Clean fresh 2.3 flash.

483.3MB. Doesn't say ZVx. I'm going to let it install with a TOT waiting, just in case.

Yeah. That didn't work well. No matter what I try to boot to using TWRP I can only get to recovery.
I guess TOT is it.
Dang. Forgot how to do all that stuff. Trying to flash Optimus again.
Oh well. That didn't work. I guess I have to figure it out.
Got it. Back to stock ZVC for a little bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Jbcarrera

Oct 18, 2010
Winter Garden
Maybe noy for Sprint, but I've seen a few others talking about getting it.
Any guess what this is? Clean fresh 2.3 flash.

483.3MB. Doesn't say ZVx. I'm going to let it install with a TOT waiting, just in case.

Yeah. That didn't work well. No matter what I try to boot to using TWRP I can only get to recovery.
I guess TOT is it.
Dang. Forgot how to do all that stuff. Trying to flash Optimus again.
Oh well. That didn't work. I guess I have to figure it out.
Got it. Back to stock ZVC for a little bit.

I was miss informed it is out I retract my previous statement

Jbcarrera

Oct 18, 2010
Winter Garden
Lol horribly been so out of this stuff that my computer is telling me you can't compile on this version of Linux! Upgrade deadbeat! I just decided to give up for now

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
Here is what I did. I flashed Cloudy G3 1.2 and was able to update my touch firmware. Now npnack on this rom and no touch response at all. Here is what I'm requesting, I'd like to get the HiddenMenu.apk file from that rom so that I can run it on this one. I have a feeling that updating it allowed the use of knock code, which worked about 60% of the time, but not knock on. Alternately, another Hidden!enu apk that will give me the touch firmware update option.
Any takers to help me possibly get knock on working again? Please.

Oh, I also found that instead of entering that nice script in terminal emulator, you can enter 5689#*980# in the dialer and the menu comes up.

I pulled the HiddenMenu.apk from Cloudy's ROM and put it into this one. No Joy. So I did some reading and I found that these menus were a part of Samsungs stock until KitKat. So I did a TOT back to ZVA stock and voila, it was there. I did the Touch F/W upgrade and am now upgrading to stock ZVC. Once that's done, I'll check to see if I have knock on back. I also have the ZVD upgrade waiting. Once I confirm that it all works, I will hopefully be able to root and flash back to Optimus with working knock on. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Crossing fingers works.
It's not perfect, but my G2 is recognizing touch with the screen off. That's huge for me. I don't have ZVD any more, but I don't really care about that so much.

Update: On stock ZVD for now. I sideloaded the OTA update. Now that it's settling in and touch is working even better, I'll be thinking about flashing a custom ROM soon. Hoping that we get Optimus 2.4. Or maybe 2.5??

Last edited:

sixout

Jul 21, 2012
So far the ROM has been working great for me. I only have two issues.

1. Since flashing, I have had less than stellar LTE/Spark connection. It usually goes out and defaults to 3G. Any input on why that may be the case?
2. GPS is horrible. Horrible. Hopefully there's a fix.

monkeefied

Jun 23, 2008
Caledonia
Can something be added to this rom that blocks stock updates from downloading? Seems like every time I update the room, a couple months later another stock update dl's to my phone and I have to stare at that stupid notification until another room update comes out. I have tried a couple solutions here for this notification and it seems to go away for a while and always comes back. And has accidently installed once while in my pocket causing my phone to be unusable till I could get home and do a complete restore. Pleeeeeeese do something about this it reeeeel sucks.

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
Can something be added to this rom that blocks stock updates from downloading? Seems like every time I update the room, a couple months later another stock update dl's to my phone and I have to stare at that stupid notification until another room update comes out. I have tried a couple solutions here for this notification and it seems to go away for a while and always comes back. And has accidently installed once while in my pocket causing my phone to be unusable till I could get home and do a complete restore. Pleeeeeeese do something about this it reeeeel sucks.

did you try unchecking notifications in google services framework, or do you have system tuner (i think i unchecked a few things there as well that may be pertinent) ?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
    youdug
    SAVOCA
    autoprime
    Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
    DRUMSBH
    SupahDave
    R04CH
    L
    ordLugard
    Secret.animal
    mikebeam
    64mosh
    goast
    gattiman
    chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
    Rooted
    buildpro tweaks.
    init.d support with scripts for better performance.
    Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
    All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
    Xposed framework (rovo89)
    GravityBox (C3C076)
    Viper4android
    Furnace kernel (Savoca)
    Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
    Sound Optimizations
    Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
    2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
    3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
    4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
    5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
    6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
    7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
    8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
    9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
    10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
    11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
    12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
    13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
    14-Build.prop tweaks
    15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
    16- Much more!

For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
    Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
    2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
    3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
    2-Open it and go to framework
    3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
    4-Go to modules and select gravity box
    5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
    6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Hello everyone, it looks like I'm going to get my replacement g2 tomorrow, sorry I haven't been around much. Zvc here we go.
    so does this mean we will have a release coming in the near future?

[emoji106]

Working on kk...