• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM ZVC][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{06/04/14}{Odex}

Search This thread

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprin...d-lte-phones-lg-g2-galaxy-s4-mini-galaxy-mega

Spark is the new 4g with "great" speeds.

Its in certain areas and more coming.

It shows LG G2 is one of the phones. You guys are very lucky!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47663493&postcount=18

This shows something about it also.

Cool, I've been a little bit behind on whats going on with carriers and stuff, but it sounds good, when are u getting your G2? Lol.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: budeone

budeone

Aug 16, 2010
Lombard IL
www.thewindowscenter.com
Cool, I've been a little bit behind on whats going on with carriers and stuff, but it sounds good, when are u getting your G2? Lol.

I am actually ready for an update to my one. I like to wait for MWC before I get something. I can tell you, this year HTC has no lock on me. I am not even running sense anymore. I think LG has a much better gui than Samsung and sense is just boated and outdated.

These buttons on the back really drove me crazy when I was trying to get into recovery. I am sure its just something people have to get used to but I was going nuts. I really dislike how htc makes you wipe your phone for the first part of unlock. LG and Samsung system is much better. You can root and not loose anything.. Your screens are just so bright and clear. I can see why HTC is having such bad times.

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
I am actually ready for an update to my one. I like to wait for MWC before I get something. I can tell you, this year HTC has no lock on me. I am not even running sense anymore. I think LG has a much better gui than Samsung and sense is just boated and outdated.

These buttons on the back really drove me crazy when I was trying to get into recovery. I am sure its just something people have to get used to but I was going nuts. I really dislike how htc makes you wipe your phone for the first part of unlock. LG and Samsung system is much better. You can root and not loose anything.. Your screens are just so bright and clear. I can see why HTC is having such bad times.

I know, htc let me down a bit when they held back on the one, anyways the way I get to recovery is by pressing vol down then when the phone is rebooting I press vol up, I guess it takes a little bit of getting used to when doing it the other way.

Reactions: budeone

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
I love everything about this phone except the radio/signal quality. It's really disappointing and not up to snuff. Coming from a Note 2, it's bad, and even my back up 5S runs circles around it in signal reception (1x, 3G, LTE).

What I just can't stand is the data roaming issue, either unchecking itself 5 out of 10 times, etc. I'm constantly monitoring or babysitting data roaming settings every time I know I'm in an area I'd usually be roaming. Never had this bloody issue on any other Sprint phone in my life. Sigh...

I'll see if the rumored Spark update does arrive and if it solves this issue otherwise it's splitsville for me.

As I'm typing this on a bus ride home, I've lost signal like a billion times already, always yo-yoing back and forth. Places where I get solid LTE on my previous Note 2 or 5S, not so much here.

So close...so dang close..

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
I love everything about this phone except the radio/signal quality. It's really disappointing and not up to snuff. Coming from a Note 2, it's bad, and even my back up 5S runs circles around it in signal reception (1x, 3G, LTE).

What I just can't stand is the data roaming issue, either unchecking itself 5 out of 10 times, etc. I'm constantly monitoring or babysitting data roaming settings every time I know I'm in an area I'd usually be roaming. Never had this bloody issue on any other Sprint phone in my life. Sigh...

I'll see if the rumored Spark update does arrive and if it solves this issue otherwise it's splitsville for me.

As I'm typing this on a bus ride home, I've lost signal like a billion times already, always yo-yoing back and forth. Places where I get solid LTE on my previous Note 2 or 5S, not so much here.

So close...so dang close..

I added data and voice roaming lines to the build.pro it will stay on all the time in v1.6, I'm working on the hotspot, so hopefully I'll get it to work otherwise I will release it and keep working on hotspot for v1.7:banghead::banghead::banghead:

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
I added data and voice roaming lines to the build.pro it will stay on all the time in v1.6, I'm working on the hotspot, so hopefully I'll get it to work otherwise I will release it and keep working on hotspot for v1.7:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for all the work, but data roaming still isn't sticking 100% in 1.6. I just wish i could pinpoint the catalyst for what causes it to unstick after a while.

abimaeld7

Jan 16, 2013
soft brick

Yep , thats right I managed to f this one up. I couldnt get the rom to flash correctly , it kept saying service disabled, I mean I tried several other roms after I tested v1.6 but it seems that something in that update or maybe the kernel was giving the problem. But thats not all after a while of trying to get a correct flash I wiped everything . Now Im stuck with just twrp and cant get a rom sideloaded or pushed because I probably am doing it wrong. anyone have knowledge on how to push a rom or maybe use twrp to sideload a rom preferably v1.5 (OpTimuS v1.5 is stable enough for me :) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
Yep , thats right I managed to f this one up. I couldnt get the rom to flash correctly , it kept saying service disabled, I mean I tried several other roms after I tested v1.6 but it seems that something in that update or maybe the kernel was giving the problem. But thats not all after a while of trying to get a correct flash I wiped everything . Now Im stuck with just twrp and cant get a rom sideloaded or pushed because I probably am doing it wrong. anyone have knowledge on how to push a rom or maybe use twrp to sideload a rom preferably v1.5 (OpTimuS v1.5 is stable enough for me :) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Set the device into ADB*sideload mode. In TWRP*you do this by going to Advanced then ADB*Sideload.

From the command line, type adb sideload /path/to/rom.zip

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Well it wont let me edit post but here is source http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

abimaeld7

Jan 16, 2013
Set the device into ADB*sideload mode. In TWRP*you do this by going to Advanced then ADB*Sideload.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Thank you so much . I will try this right now for I have been on this issue since late last nite. thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

question, is it possible to sideload stock rom this way or is it just for custom roms?

Demonlinx

Apr 17, 2011
Thank you so much . I will try this right now for I have been on this issue since late last nite. thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

question, is it possible to sideload stock rom this way or is it just for custom roms?

Im not 100 percent positive but i don't think a .tot can be sideloaded. I would only use a custom rom.

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
We got our own custom version of furnace kernel thanks to Savoca, v1.6 its gonna rock!

u7y6ypeh.jpg

sixout

Jul 21, 2012
I've tried to download this three times. It keeps getting to 99% then saying Unknown Network Error. I really want this ROM. Help? Another download link maybe?

Edit: apparently it was my computer. Downloaded to my phone fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lrod0175

wlpywd

Mar 28, 2008
mine data roaming bug is gone if you turn off connection optimizer. try it

that Sprint connection optimizer messed my note 2 up too, doesn't work well when there is open WiFi and roaming and weak signal bubbles it bounces around

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
mine data roaming bug is gone if you turn off connection optimizer. try it

that Sprint connection optimizer messed my note 2 up too, doesn't work well when there is open WiFi and roaming and weak signal bubbles it bounces around

+1

I have it disabled for the same reasons, it keeps sending me to wifi even though I don't want to due to weak signal, that might be the issue with data roaming turning off.

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
+1

I have it disabled for the same reasons, it keeps sending me to wifi even though I don't want to due to weak signal, that might be the issue with data roaming turning off.

Hmm, this gave me food for thought. I've always ever turned Connections Optimizer off (unchecked it) in my previous devices (never disabled or froze it) and it never bothered me. I think i'll unfreeze it, uncheck it and let it be and see if the data roaming issue behaves the same or different. Might just be the issue/catalyst.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
    youdug
    SAVOCA
    autoprime
    Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
    DRUMSBH
    SupahDave
    R04CH
    L
    ordLugard
    Secret.animal
    mikebeam
    64mosh
    goast
    gattiman
    chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
    Rooted
    buildpro tweaks.
    init.d support with scripts for better performance.
    Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
    All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
    Xposed framework (rovo89)
    GravityBox (C3C076)
    Viper4android
    Furnace kernel (Savoca)
    Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
    Sound Optimizations
    Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
    2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
    3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
    4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
    5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
    6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
    7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
    8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
    9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
    10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
    11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
    12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
    13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
    14-Build.prop tweaks
    15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
    16- Much more!

For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
    Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
    2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
    3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
    2-Open it and go to framework
    3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
    4-Go to modules and select gravity box
    5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
    6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Hello everyone, it looks like I'm going to get my replacement g2 tomorrow, sorry I haven't been around much. Zvc here we go.
    so does this mean we will have a release coming in the near future?

[emoji106]

Working on kk...