[ROM ZVC][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{06/04/14}{Odex}

Search This thread

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
youdug
SAVOCA
autoprime
Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
DRUMSBH
SupahDave
R04CH
L
ordLugard
Secret.animal
mikebeam
64mosh
goast
gattiman
chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
Rooted
buildpro tweaks.
init.d support with scripts for better performance.
Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
Xposed framework (rovo89)
GravityBox (C3C076)
Viper4android
Furnace kernel (Savoca)
Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
Sound Optimizations
Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
14-Build.prop tweaks
15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
16- Much more!

Last edited:

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
2-Open it and go to framework
3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
4-Go to modules and select gravity box
5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Last edited:

spankmaster

Nov 22, 2009
Marietta
I've got your ROM from the optimus G on the handset sitting on my desk right now XD Great work!

Do you know if installing a different kernel (furnace is the only one right now) will overwrite any of your built in tweaks?

Reactions: Lrod0175

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
I've got your ROM from the optimus G on the handset sitting on my desk right now XD Great work!

Do you know if installing a different kernel (furnace is the only one right now) will overwrite any of your built in tweaks?

I don't think so, however I haven't looked at it yet, but if u do try it give me imput, I might integrate it in future releases if ok with the developer.

On another note, I kind of miss developing for the Optimus g...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

lowpro3210

Jul 9, 2007
Columbus
hells yeah!

sweetness thanks OP...feels like xmas again with new ROMs rolling out...noticed there is nothing in regards to native hotspot being incorporated; have you tried installing native hotspot zip upon installing ROM with any luck, or if it would even work? I originally was using youdugs ZV8 stock rooted odex and deodex ROM and tried installing native hotspot zip and ran into numerous issues; then about 6 hours ago, I installed IceROM and finally got wifi hotspot working since it was already included with ROM-now I get to try your ROM out since I'm a crackflasher! Thanks for all your amazing work...downloading now!!!

EDIT-Using internet download manager which usually has incredible speeds, but download is super slow, only 120-170 KB/sec, anyone else experiencing slow download speeds?

Last edited:

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
sweetness thanks OP...feels like xmas again with new ROMs rolling out...noticed there is nothing in regards to native hotspot being incorporated; have you tried installing native hotspot zip upon installing ROM with any luck, or if it would even work; I originally was using youdugs ZV8 stock rooted odex and deodex ROM and tried installing native hotspot zip and ran into numerous issues; then about 6 hours ago, I installed IceROM and finally got wifi hotspot working since it was already included with ROM-now I get to try your ROM out since I'm a crackflasher! Thanks for all your amazing work...downloading now!!!

hotspot is working fine, flash it or use es file explorer, unzip the files and copy the two files in the framework folder to your framework in system/ framework folder, reboot.

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
Nice, glad to see you here. Used your ROM on OG, looking forward to the download.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

abimaeld7

Jan 16, 2013
experiencing slow dl speed

sweetness thanks OP...feels like xmas again with new ROMs rolling out...noticed there is nothing in regards to native hotspot being incorporated; have you tried installing native hotspot zip upon installing ROM with any luck, or if it would even work? I originally was using youdugs ZV8 stock rooted odex and deodex ROM and tried installing native hotspot zip and ran into numerous issues; then about 6 hours ago, I installed IceROM and finally got wifi hotspot working since it was already included with ROM-now I get to try your ROM out since I'm a crackflasher! Thanks for all your amazing work...downloading now!!!

EDIT-Using internet download manager which usually has incredible speeds, but download is super slow, only 120-170 KB/sec, anyone else experiencing slow download speeds?

Yes its moving like a turtle , I am also using idm to download. But from what I can tell so far about this rom it seems its going to be worth the wait :)

lowpro3210

Jul 9, 2007
Columbus
Yes its moving like a turtle , I am also using idm to download. But from what I can tell so far about this rom it seems its going to be worth the wait :)

thanks for the reply...glad it's not just on my end...32 minutes left after about 50 minutes already of downloading...no biggie, I will flash in the morning...time to watch American Hustle..thanks again OP!

lowpro3210

Jul 9, 2007
Columbus
Just grab the mod from general dev and flash over rom.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

do we need to wipe cache or dalvik?

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Possible to add split window in the next update :)? TY!

here ya go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvszeobn5z3hcox/SplitWindow Deodex.zip

more than likely a stupid question, but upon installing splitwindow.zip, how does one go about using it?

Reactions: Ind3lible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
    youdug
    SAVOCA
    autoprime
    Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
    DRUMSBH
    SupahDave
    R04CH
    L
    ordLugard
    Secret.animal
    mikebeam
    64mosh
    goast
    gattiman
    chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
    Rooted
    buildpro tweaks.
    init.d support with scripts for better performance.
    Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
    All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
    Xposed framework (rovo89)
    GravityBox (C3C076)
    Viper4android
    Furnace kernel (Savoca)
    Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
    Sound Optimizations
    Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
    2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
    3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
    4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
    5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
    6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
    7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
    8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
    9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
    10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
    11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
    12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
    13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
    14-Build.prop tweaks
    15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
    16- Much more!

For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
    Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
    2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
    3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
    2-Open it and go to framework
    3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
    4-Go to modules and select gravity box
    5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
    6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Hello everyone, it looks like I'm going to get my replacement g2 tomorrow, sorry I haven't been around much. Zvc here we go.
    so does this mean we will have a release coming in the near future?

[emoji106]

Working on kk...