[ROM ZVC][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{06/04/14}{Odex}

Search This thread

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
You can use autorec to install 2.7, that's the one I'm using now.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Awesome. I've been playing around with other ROMs and kernels waiting for this. I haven't had knock on working since Optimus 2.2, and even then it was only occasional. Any suggestions for getting it to work here? Would there be a benefit to going back to stock, and starting from scratch? Any other suggestions?

ecko72

Jun 8, 2010
just finish flashing the rom. came from ZVA prior Optimus rom and all is well. flash was easy to do. thanks for the great rom. now the fun part... staying up late to make the phone how i like it lol .:good:

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
Awesome. I've been playing around with other ROMs and kernels waiting for this. I haven't had knock on working since Optimus 2.2, and even then it was only occasional. Any suggestions for getting it to work here? Would there be a benefit to going back to stock, and starting from scratch? Any other suggestions?

Its a matter of what u like, I can tell you that in my end
I like stock since all features work as intended, I do like lg software, anyways you can back up what u have now and try this bad boy, which I will keep updating as time permits to get it to where I want.

just finish flashing the rom. came from ZVA prior Optimus rom and all is well. flash was easy to do. thanks for the great rom. now the fun part... staying up late to make the phone how i like it lol .:good:

Ain't it cool, now you get to have zvc set up and optimized.

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
My set up at the moment, after one bricked phone and a defected one, I'm finally back with OpTimuS.

asera9a8.jpg

nate.spangler

Apr 11, 2008
Michigan
I just flashed this last night and I came from bareback. Did clean install, used the app to find which panel I had .jdi. So I flashed the furnace for jdi kernel. Now whenever the phone goes into sleep the screen is dark and becomes lighter until it's white then has a black bar down the side. I reboot and it's fine until the phone goes to sleep again. Rebooting into recovery and I can let the screen go off and it will come back on. Suggestions ?

glenny buster

Oct 23, 2011
Two questions: why did you add sd card tweaks if we dont have sd cards? And what is "much more" that you added?

Reactions: Lrod0175

JrSmilez

Mar 15, 2013
Monroe
I just flashed this last night and I came from bareback. Did clean install, used the app to find which panel I had .jdi. So I flashed the furnace for jdi kernel. Now whenever the phone goes into sleep the screen is dark and becomes lighter until it's white then has a black bar down the side. I reboot and it's fine until the phone goes to sleep again. Rebooting into recovery and I can let the screen go off and it will come back on. Suggestions ?

Get autorec. It fixes the white line issue. I keep a copy on my phone just in case.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2715496
From there. Close to the end is a version just for sprint. Not sure if they have it in op or not.

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
Two questions: why did you add sd card tweaks if we dont have sd cards? And what is "much more" that you added?

Good catch there, Ext4 tweaks, anyways there are some things that need to be iron out for future versions. Much more means exactly that, it just things here and there that I don't remember when doing the changelog, it could be little things like the alarm icon or system drop caches which refreshes the system automatically, but like I said before work and family let us with little android time so I do what I can to remember things but one thing u can be sure off; I always try to optimized system as much as I can with the little time I have, with that being said: welcome to OpTimuS land to u and all new users.

Reactions: HeckNoTechnO

glenny buster

Oct 23, 2011
Good catch there, Ext4 tweaks, anyways there are some things that need to be iron out for future versions. Much more means exactly that, it just things here and there that I don't remember when doing the changelog, it could be little things like the alarm icon or system drop caches which refreshes the system automatically, but like I said before work and family let us with little android time so I do what I can to remember things but one thing u can be sure off; I always try to optimized system as much as I can with the little time I have, with that being said: welcome to OpTimuS land to u and all new users.

why drop system cache? the point of cache is to increase performance by keeping certain files in memory so they dont have to be loaded every time an app opens. im not saying its not a bad idea to clean cache every once in a while. but removing cache all the time will just make your device work that much harder to open applications.

Last edited:

ecko72

Jun 8, 2010
So do i have to upgrade TWRP 2.7 to install?

no i came from ZVA with twrp 2.6.3 and i installed everyhting with that. everyhting came out fine. i did upgraded now to 2.7 since it was easy to do with autorec. so far rom is running good. no issue i found so far. just that i dont hear the start up sound but thats not an issue for me.

Schyler67

Jan 30, 2014
Nevermind the download link works. Anybody used it long enough to see the screen on time? I'm hoping it's awesome!

TechNinja49

Aug 3, 2012
no i came from ZVA with twrp 2.6.3 and i installed everyhting with that. everyhting came out fine. i did upgraded now to 2.7 since it was easy to do with autorec.

It says autorec will install a patched kernel. Does that mean it replaces furnace with a modified stock kernel? Does furnace include the patch so we could just flash it over the stock one?

And is all of this really necessary? Can't we can just flash TWRP 2.7 over 2.6.x?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
    youdug
    SAVOCA
    autoprime
    Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
    DRUMSBH
    SupahDave
    R04CH
    L
    ordLugard
    Secret.animal
    mikebeam
    64mosh
    goast
    gattiman
    chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
    Rooted
    buildpro tweaks.
    init.d support with scripts for better performance.
    Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
    All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
    Xposed framework (rovo89)
    GravityBox (C3C076)
    Viper4android
    Furnace kernel (Savoca)
    Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
    Sound Optimizations
    Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
    2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
    3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
    4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
    5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
    6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
    7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
    8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
    9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
    10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
    11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
    12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
    13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
    14-Build.prop tweaks
    15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
    16- Much more!

For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
    Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
    2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
    3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
    2-Open it and go to framework
    3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
    4-Go to modules and select gravity box
    5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
    6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Hello everyone, it looks like I'm going to get my replacement g2 tomorrow, sorry I haven't been around much. Zvc here we go.
    so does this mean we will have a release coming in the near future?

[emoji106]

Working on kk...