[ROM ZVC][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{06/04/14}{Odex}

Search This thread

bean373

May 22, 2010
did you try unchecking notifications in google services framework, or do you have system tuner (i think i unchecked a few things there as well that may be pertinent) ?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Unchecking notifictions for Google Service Framwork did not work for me. I kept on getting the annoying message to install the update.

When I long press(hold down) the update that's on the drop down menu it allows me to see the app(app info) that was requesting it.
The app that was requesting the update was "Google Play Services". I just uncheck notifications and this did it for me.

Reactions: Titchener17

Real_JESRadio

Dec 13, 2012
Davenport
johnnyenglishshow.com
So far the ROM has been working great for me. I only have two issues.

1. Since flashing, I have had less than stellar LTE/Spark connection. It usually goes out and defaults to 3G. Any input on why that may be the case?
2. GPS is horrible. Horrible. Hopefully there's a fix.

I see this has been going on since ZVC. With the new ZVD it is the same problems. Doesn't matter what ROM I use either. So it isn't the custom ROM itself, must be the base. Which really sucks. Hope Sprint/LG get this fixed soon.

Reactions: Titchener17

Titchener17

Jul 17, 2013
Raleigh
I see this has been going on since ZVC. With the new ZVD it is the same problems. Doesn't matter what ROM I use either. So it isn't the custom ROM itself, must be the base. Which really sucks. Hope Sprint/LG get this fixed soon.

I changed the unknown to lowercase spr in build prop, and would seem like it's local network improvements that make it better, but goes back to sticking if I revert - and literally nobody else has confirmed this.

Jubeldum

Waiting patiently on my unrooted stock ZVD G2. Dum dee dum.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Has Lrod dropped off the face of the Earth? I haven't seen him post in a long time. If he is married like I am, he might have a large honeydo list to complete at home before he can come out and play. :D

Lrod can build a awesome rom. I'm running Optimus 5.0 DE on my Optimus G, and I love it. If Sprint ever drops 4.4.2 for the Optimus G, I hope Lrod performs his magic on it.

Now that the G3 is out, I hope that a bootloader unlock is found and that some generous soul hooks Lrod up with a G3 to play with. A custom rom by Lrod on a G3 would run like nobody's business. Heck, all of his roms run like nobody's business.

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
Better then nothing, but i do agree with it only coming up on a year old.
Best way I can say is the phone and software began awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I agree. Great device and we really only need a few roms anyways. We have solid stock roms that we can mod to our hearts desire. We have AOSP which out of those, I love Vanir.

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
I agree. Great device and we really only need a few roms anyways. We have solid stock roms that we can mod to our hearts desire. We have AOSP which out of those, I love Vanir.

I concur...but this will be my last sprint phone. Cdma just as a whole seems terrible. Or maybe its just sprint. Either way... Id rather have hspa+ everywhere than this half-assed lte sprint has going on. No matter what state...city...anything your only 5 steps away from getting pushed onto 3g seems like.

That and development never really gets going. Even when i had a nexus s...since it was on sprint it had stupid issues just cuz it was cdma.

rootlinux

Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
I concur...but this will be my last sprint phone. Cdma just as a whole seems terrible. Or maybe its just sprint. Either way... Id rather have hspa+ everywhere than this half-assed lte sprint has going on. No matter what state...city...anything your only 5 steps away from getting pushed onto 3g seems like.

That and development never really gets going. Even when i had a nexus s...since it was on sprint it had stupid issues just cuz it was cdma.

I get good LTE all over where I live .
Plus Sprint doesn't care about how much data I use. 100+ gig and they just say they are happy I am taking advantage of my unlimited data. ;)

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
I get good LTE all over where I live .
Plus Sprint doesn't care about how much data I use. 100+ gig and they just say they are happy I am taking advantage of my unlimited data. ;)

Oh when i have it i use the crap out of it too. Just tired of their customer service...and their lies. Was with them for 4 years in colorado and they kept promising next month for wimax. Never happened. Scrapped that and its been 2 years they been promising lte is coming. Same thing. All the wile getting hit with that 10 dollar premium data charge.

Now im in ohio. Inside my house apartment 0 bars and 3g only but 4 feet from my couch by the window it picks up lte. But if i move the phone a foot from the window its bam back on 3g.

Its not my phone. My buddy has completely different device and same thing.

Oh yeah and ive had a phantom voicemail notification across 3 devices with them for 3 years now. I have no voicemails but it likes to beep at me every 30 minutes saying i have 9 vms. Ive called customer service and had them reset it multiple times. Nothing. Their solution is to change my phone number. Ive had this number for 15 years....why would i wanna do that?

Sorry...end rant. This rom is good. I had optimus de on my optimus g as well before it shattered and it was bomb

rootlinux

Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
Have you checked Sensorly app?
I had HORRIBLE service for months. Called several times and CS knew nothing. One day I woke up to 20mps lte all over my house. Sounds like it is close if you can pick it up.
May be they are extending towers and coverage in your area.

s0ulja

Feb 5, 2012
Chesapeake
Gonna throw this on my buddy's Sprint G2, can't wait to give it a shot looks like an awesome ROM. Can anyone recommend anything else?

HeckNoTechnO

Dec 10, 2008
Temple
www.n6xshamu.com
Better then nothing, but i do agree with it only coming up on a year old.
Best way I can say is the phone and software began awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is true. Sprint version just doesn't seem to have as many choices as the others, also some of the dev's have moved to the G3.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM 420 PRESENTS:

1jro.png

This Rom is based on the new ZVC SPARK update, OpTimuS is a stock rom for the performance oriented but with battery in mind users, who like me like to get more speed, performance and responsiveness out of this quad core beast that is the LG G2, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do... Well enough said, lets move on to goodies

Installation:

:eek:Make sure you do a back up of what you have now, but specially of your efs and copy your back up to your computer just in case. The G2 has proven to me to be a bit too variable when it comes to flashing roms, radios, etc. We have gone through a lot of hours of testing and hair pulling trial and error to bring this latest update that is ZVC, so protect yourself at all times. I am not responsible for anything going wrong on your device.:eek:

Make sure you have wifi available, you gonna need to Update PROFILE, PRL and ACTIVATE device in settings, that way you can pick up data right away without waiting.

FOR ZVA TO ZVC:

DOWNLOAD OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC

DOWNLOAD FURNACE KERNEL FOR JDI SCREENS (USE THIS ONE IF YOU GET THE WHITE LINES FROM HELL)

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BY YOUDUG HERE, REPLACE THE STOCK ROM WITH OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC:

ZVA TO ZVC

If coming from ZVC:

Full wipe except sd card and Flash OpTimuS DE V2.3ZVC, reboot and enjoy!

Congratulations you are now ZVC OpTimuS ready!

Thanks to:

VECTUS
    youdug
    SAVOCA
    autoprime
    Claudyfa

Especial thanks to my beta testing team, make sure you thank them hard!

abimaeld7
    DRUMSBH
    SupahDave
    R04CH
    L
    ordLugard
    Secret.animal
    mikebeam
    64mosh
    goast
    gattiman
    chriswbush

*************************************************************************************************************************

Features:

Stock odex
    Rooted
    buildpro tweaks.
    init.d support with scripts for better performance.
    Sysctl support for kernel performance and battery.
    All apps have been zipaling and optimized.
    Xposed framework (rovo89)
    GravityBox (C3C076)
    Viper4android
    Furnace kernel (Savoca)
    Wifi Hotspot ZVA (Metalboy94-Ascertion)
    Sound Optimizations
    Tweaked and OpTimiZed!

Change log:

v2.3

1-Updated system to ZVC (kit kat).
    2-Furnace kernel (zvc) Version 2.2.3 one of the best kernels imho, keep up the good work buddy!
    3-Init.d support with performance scripts for; System, memory, sd card speeds, System cleaning, etc, most of Prior OpTimuS scripts.
    4-Sysctl support for; kernel, system performance.
    5-OpTimuS Bootanimation and down animation.
    6-Battery percentage added to status bar with charging animation.
    7-Status bar modded with prior OpTimuS colors and spark icon for lte signal.
    8-Xposed framework (make sure you install it after flashing OpTimuS)
    9-GravityBox (make sure you install it as well)
    10-Es file explorer added for file browsing (activate root in settings)
    11-Added Viper4android for sound optimizations (intall it as well after flashing)
    12- 7 themes added for your customization delight;)
    13- Removed some apps to make zip smaller
    14-Build.prop tweaks
    15- G3 Keyboard (thanks Cloudyfa)
    16- Much more!

For mods and themes

1jro.jpg

Viper4Android sound mod Thanks to Viper520 and zhuhang , also Thanks to droidmk for introducing it to us, this mod is the best sound mod I've tested so far
    Here's the main thread

To Activate viper audio:

1-Find the viperaudio app
    2-Open it, is gonna ask you to install the audio driver, click yes.
    3-Install CortexA8 with NEON.

4-Reboot, enjoy!

viper4Android thread

Xposed framework thanks to rovo89, Gravitybox thanks to C3C076 and BonezMontana for introducing it to us.

Xposed framework gives you the ability of modifying and theming without the need to modify the apps in the rom, so it goes on top of the rom sort of speak, its very easy to use and there are tons of modules with all kinds of modifications, simply awesome!

To activate Xposed:

1-Find the Xposed installer app in your app drawer
    2-Open it and go to framework
    3- Choose Install/Update, the system will install the drivers and files needed
    4-Go to modules and select gravity box
    5-Reboot and enjoy! after reboot, find the gravity box app and start having fun!
    6-Why stop with gravity? go ahead and find more modules of your liking, don't forget to thank the guys responsible for all of this!

Xposed thread

GravityBox thread

Modules collection for Xposed

More themes for Xposed

**********************************************************************************

Hello everyone, it looks like I'm going to get my replacement g2 tomorrow, sorry I haven't been around much. Zvc here we go.
    so does this mean we will have a release coming in the near future?

[emoji106]

Working on kk...