• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROMeOS 1.96.1 Rom (SUSPENDED) Thread will be closed in 48 hours 4/27/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

countersv

Dec 9, 2008
I just want to say, that I am very thankful to monx for such quick response and uploading new rom, which made my device alive again. My heart rate jumped a bit on Sunday morning, but I saw here how fast was monx with the update. Thank you and keep up the good work. Your ROM is great!

regificus

May 15, 2008
Köln
Yes ... Thank you again monx for a really fast ROM. It seemed to be much faster as all ROM i had till now. Additionally now i am an Owner of a CardReader :) ...

I flashed the new ROM with the latest official Radio (.25.1) on a 8 GB SDCard. Installed few Standard apps like ThumbCal, AdvancedConfiguration, SSMaPa, Resco Contact Manager and OneNote, Navigon.

My Phone is as fast as it wasnt ever before. The Battery Life will be the Second I will watch but after a Night (ca. 14 std) it seems to be well.

Thank You again monx for your great Work

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
fix.cab

I'm sorry if I missed it, but are you going to release a .2 update cab? I really don't feel like installing 4 Raphael's again (I know 3 noobs). If you could make like a patch/update cab it would be very much appreciated.

Yup missed it :D

Last edited:

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka
Same problem here. Patched the image, change the registry to rilphone2.dll but the phone cannot get connected.

Here also same..... I did checked for NK.EXE before replacing the rilphone.dll....but scrwed the TP :p replacing. May be Monx bhai would look into it in next v........ 2nd thing the opera build cooked in was too slow & had some kind of flickring display ....replaced same with some other ver with out zooming option & working well now.

DeepThought

Jul 6, 2006
Austria, Vienna
I have a lot of issues with 1.90.X is there any chance of getting your 1.81 final with the time bomb removed ??

You can use v1.81 based on build 20764.1.4.3 - that is not affected by the timebomb since it's based on an official OS-build used in an HTC ROM. I even found it a bit faster than the other build of the 1.81 ROM and therefore I'm still using it.

HTH

Kozmossis

Aug 18, 2007
Beirut
Problems with Skyscape and UpToDate

I've installed ROMeOS2 1.81.1 (without the timebomb :D ) but I'm having the following problems:

1_ When I try to update any Skyscape product over WiFi or direct cable connection, it doesn't work. Although the program detects an internet connection and finds an update, when I press on Download the dialog box disappears.

2_ When using UpToDate 16.1 for PDA, the program exits giving me an 'Unexpected error in UpToDate16.1.exe" when searching for a term.

Anyone has/had any of these problems?
Hard and soft reset did not help.

Thank you.

Beeble

Dec 5, 2005
You can use v1.81 based on build 20764.1.4.3 - that is not affected by the timebomb since it's based on an official OS-build used in an HTC ROM. I even found it a bit faster than the other build of the 1.81 ROM and therefore I'm still using it.

HTH

I dont suppose you have a download link for the working 1.81 without manilla do you? Only one i have saved locally is the 21009 build!

Cheers

Nice work Monx, and thanks for getting a new version out so quickly, please keep it up! and look forward to a new 1.9x without manilla :)

Last edited:

Jagohu

Oct 24, 2008
screen doesn't rotate properly

Hi,
I've got some problems now with the rotation on v1.90.1.
I've installed the ROMeOS_Noslide_Nocurtain after the quickfix, and I suspect it might have gone wrong then.
It's like:
Portrait mode TF3D, main screen -> open keyboard -> close keyboard (after any time) -> screen stays in landscape mode
It only returns to portrait if I press turn off and turn on again.

Portrait mode Start/Programs -> open keboard -> no rotation
If I open the keyboard before and then open the folder it works, however with anything open it doesn't, only on the TF3D screen. The funny thing is, that when I return to the TF3D main screen I'll find it rotated, so I need to turn off and on the screen to get the portrait mode back.
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.