V0idst4r

Jun 13, 2016
Found this mega link:
https://mega.nz/#!TdtS0ISa!XC9ro6xRIvwlxz_FVRDo2u7zP9g9-RcTe7NOTbqmjPA
it's from here:
https://mks.tw/960/android-4-1-2-flyer-p512-刷-nexusflyerv1-3

sha1: 1aee2448e32a2d58387b6384f543f62ab36241fc
md5: 4567724a306dffb497fb70fac13304dd

Sadly the op never published checksums for this file, so I can not guarantee it's the original one! Someone who still has the file from the offical download would have to confirm the checksums. So use at your own risk.

Sorry for the late reply, if you've downloaded the file could you re-mirror it? Thanks

krbjmpr

Jan 1, 2008
Spots, Tx
In process of uploading to GDrive, over public WiFi that creeps along.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Jq7fc4z57uLGqHcALrV6jeARdnveJql/view?usp=drivesdk

Checksums of existing file (not original):

File: /NexusFlyerv1.3.zip
MD5: 45:67:72:4a:30:6d:ff:b4:97:fb:70:fa:c1:33:04:dd
SHA1: 1a:ee:24:48:e3:2a:2d:58:38:7b:63:84:f5:43:f6:2a:b3:62:41:fc
SHA256: 65:81:36:66:46:22:d0:a4:dd:ad:1a:6f:37:49:f1:ae:e2:83:68:4f:f7:87:14:c2:35:78:69:f2:1d:10:6a:5d

Last edited:

V0idst4r

Jun 13, 2016
In process of uploading to GDrive, over public WiFi that creeps along.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Jq7fc4z57uLGqHcALrV6jeARdnveJql/view?usp=drivesdk

Checksums of existing file (not original):

File: /NexusFlyerv1.3.zip
MD5: 45:67:72:4a:30:6d:ff:b4:97:fb:70:fa:c1:33:04:dd
SHA1: 1a:ee:24:48:e3:2a:2d:58:38:7b:63:84:f5:43:f6:2a:b3:62:41:fc
SHA256: 65:81:36:66:46:22:d0:a4:dd:ad:1a:6f:37:49:f1:ae:e2:83:68:4f:f7:87:14:c2:35:78:69:f2:1d:10:6a:5d

You the OG man :good:

So successfully got this flashed on my HTC Evo View 4G, was hoping NewPipe Legacy would work on it but it seems to OOM even with 700MB~ of free RAM... Sadly this kernel wasn't compiled with swap enabled so that isn't an option. Dexter'sJB kernel source is also dead and not on the wayback machine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Nexus 7 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 stock ROM ported on the HTC Flyer
    Before I start a special thanks to Dexter_nlb for using his htc flyer jelly bean ROM as a base ROMand using his Kernel source to make the Kernel. Without him this would have not been possible.
    I am not snakehead97. I am his friend.

Downloads
    Download NexusFlyerv1.3
    If you rooted your FLYER by unlocking the bootloader you need to flash the boot manualy. Extract boot.img open cmd boot the flyer in fastboot mode and type fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Here is what is working

-Nexus 7 Launcher
    -Wi-FI
    -Gps
    -Microphone
    -Bluetooth
    -Google Now(With the new jelly bean voice search)
    -Pen(With Scribble) (Use Quill)
    -Audio
    -All apps are tablet optimized (For example when in the play store if you turn it on landscape it will look exatly like on honeycomb)
    -Youtube(HQ does not work. Disable HQ or HD and it works fine)
    -G-Sensor
    -SD Card Storage(After boot you need to remove the SD card and insert it again to work)
    -Internal storage
    -Camera
    -Fling(Thanks to iamchucky)
    -The smoothness of Project Butter

Here is what it is not working

-No 3G
    -Front Camera and Videorecorder
    -Screen rotatating animation is buggy(But the screen rotates)

Fixes coming soon!
    I know it has a lot of errors but i am only 15 years old so don't expect for me to know everything
    I repeat: I am not snakehead97 I am his friend

Changelog and download older versions

NexusFlyerv1.3
    Bluetooth fixed
    A lot of stability improvement

NexusFlyerv1.2
    Camera fixed (No videorecorder and front camera for now)
    Youtube crashes fixed
    Fling Fixed 100%(Thanks to iamchucky)
    Internal storage now works.(Needs an SD card to work)
    Scriblle now works
    Added the smoothness of PROJECT BUTTER

NexusFlyerV1.1p1
    Fixed the Settings-About Tablet bug. It now show Android 4.1.2

NexusFlyerV1.1
    Updated the firmware to Android 4.1.2(Home screen and app drawer are rotatable)
    Fixed the storage bug(only for the SD card)
    USB mass storage should work

V1.0
    Initial release
    Wizard of Roms,
    let's be clear as much as possible. In order to get a working ROM for this Tablet we need drivers: drivers for 3g, for front camera and for whatever is not working.
    Therefore, you take the Android NDK and you "create" the drivers. But "creating" drivers means writing C language code.... otherwise, if you have good luck, with some little trick, you can adapt already existing drivers.
    Therefore, are you really a C coder, or are we all wasting our time?
    I mean, this is something serious. I would probably be able to learn how to build a ROM in a quite short time, but I am only coding shell and python scripts and therefore I don't even want to try creating a ROM for a new device.
    Again: do you really know what you're doing?

He seems to know what he's doing, considering that he already has a work-in-progress ROM. Cut him some darn slack, as this guy is doing this out of his own free will and isn't making a penny off it. He's focusing on finishing this year of school before picking up development. He's putting it out there for us to test & debug.

Since HTC decided to orphan this gem of a tablet (and it is rather sleek), we Flyer users either have to cook ROMS ourselves, or rely on volunteer devs such as WizardOfRoms to try to upgrade the OS.

Yes, I know that last sentence is a run-on, but grammer nazi's we ain't, so don't go insulting me because of some grammtical errors.

Yes, I know we could just go out and get a nexus 7 or a Galaxy Tab 2, but why throw out a perfectly good piece of hardware? The build is pretty darn sleek and solid. Plus, many of us don't have the money to throw around just to buy a new device every other freaking year.

If you have no useful info, like how to code the driver properly or improve a feature, keep your keyboard silent. You think you can do better? By all means put out your own ROM for us to test and WE'LL be the judge. I, for one, am grateful to this lad for attempting it and asking for us, the user bases', help.

Those last sentences in your post serves nothing other than to troll and be a compete jerk.

Sorry for the tirade, but when a prick like maxadamo rears its ugly head, I want to stand up for the guy at least making an attempt!

Looking forward to future development, wiz. You got a good start on this rom.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
    WOW. I actually don't know where to start. If you haven't noticed I've been gone from XDA for a while and I never thought I would return. The reason I left was because when I made this ROM (Port) I thought I understood developing. Then I learned that i was just getting started. So I left 'cause I thought I wasn't ready. But now I'm back and to all those trolls who were telling me to Share my GPL or who were digging dirt on the kernel **** YOU. I'm 16 years old I don't even know what a GPLis. And ass far as the ROM goes this was only a reskinned version of Dexter's ROM with some minor tweaks. I AM STILL LEARNING. So stop trolling and making me feel guilty. If you don't like what I'm doing you don't have to support me. No that I'm back I wan'na tell you guys my plans. You probably heard about android 4.4 and I am interested of building a ROM for the flyer with 4.4. However will have to wait till google releases their source code on AOSP. Yes I will try and build a ROM that is all done by me. I finished formatting my PC and I will install Ubuntu 10.04 tomorrow alongside Windows 7. But as I mentioned I am still learning and I will need your help. First I am stuck after syncing the repo files. On one guide it says that i should clone my devices files from Github, but there are no ROM files from Github for the flyer(only for kernel) . Does anyone know another way. Please if anyone posts even one word I would appreciate it. So thank you again for understanding and remember: IF WE WANT TO REVIVE THE FLYER WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER, NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER.
    Alright here is what I'm gonna do. Since we don't know when android 4.3 is going to be released I am gonna make a port of sense 5. Does that sound great or not?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda app-developers app
    Hey. I just wan'na tell you that I've managed to get my computer to support Multiple Operating Systems. I am download ubuntu as I type so it's go'nna be a lot easier to develope this ROM and I will continue developing it. My next goal is to tweak the Kernel and improve the speed to the CPU and GPU Governer. Than you for waitnig.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone