Roms for Excalibur

Search This thread

Amnesia_A9

Dec 6, 2018
Since an unofficial twrp is available now and I've found some new roms, this post is an update
There are plenty of roms if you know what to look for, you just need to look for custom roms for "miatoll" and you'll find a couple of roms.
I will still add the links over here.

The roms I found earlier
Pixel Experience
https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-9-pro/development/rom-pixel-experience-t4158325

Gsi
https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-9-pro/development/gsi-t4105121

Msm extended
https://xdaforums.com/poco-m2-pro/development/rom-msm-xtended-v12-5-t4151947

The new ones that I have tried in the last 7 days:
Arrow os
Evolution X
Freaky Os
Pixie Os
Pixel Extended
Stag os
Statix Os

Telegram Channel
MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Join that telegram channel and you'll find all the download links.
Except the freaky os, rest of the rom had pretty smooth ui
While flashing any rom if you get the error: couldn't find or mount "/system_root" or "product"
Ignore it and reboot the system normally, you will get that while flashing pixis os
Statix os is based on android 11 but after flashing it, I wasn't getting any network signal.

Last edited:

bythelaw

Aug 1, 2015
Thank you so much for this thread, you won't believe me, but I did the exact same thing, I flashed the stock rom and locked my bootloader by accident, now I have a 20 day wait period. I'll try these and report for bugs, sot, charge speeds, etc. Hope development picks up pace. Really love the phone.

rubish cracker

Dec 3, 2015
Bhandara
I want to install pixel experience on redmi note 9 pro max

Is there any rom for redmi note 9 pro max anybody have tried any custom rom on 9 pro max

androidgeek79

Jul 31, 2016
Amazon Kindle Fire
@Amnesia_A9 The Telegram link has been removed from the first post. Kindly read the guidelines regarding the same here (also stickied in the forum).

Regards,
shadowstep
Forum Moderator

we could really use an unified thread like we have one for the t and non t series oneplus devices that is cross device development link.
Reasons? copypasta from the one of the roms link from the op's post.
Q: What do you mean by "Unified" in the thread title?
A:*Redmi Note 9S or Indian Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana), Redmi Note 9 Pro Global Global (joyuese), Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (excalibur), POCO M2 Pro (gram) are basically the same devices, the only significant difference is the 33W charging support on the gram, joyuese & excalibur with joyuese having NFC as well. So I have decided to do a single, unified build for supporting curtain, Excalibur, gram & joyuese.

shadowstep

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala Cantt
OnePlus 9R
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
we could really use an unified thread like we have one for the t and non t series oneplus devices that is cross device development link.
A:*Redmi Note 9S or Indian Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana), Redmi Note 9 Pro Global Global (joyuese), Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (excalibur), POCO M2 Pro (gram) are basically the same devices, the only significant difference is the 33W charging support on the gram, joyuese & excalibur with joyuese having NFC as well. So I have decided to do a single, unified build for supporting curtain, Excalibur, gram & joyuese.

Hi! Unfortunately that's something I don't have control over. You can try requesting this in the New Device Forum Requests thread. :)

Reactions: Thjacopa69

narenrao.rao7

Oct 17, 2015
Gandhidham

iamparven

Jan 22, 2017
Kolkata
Reporting back after testing following roms.
Arrow OS - Launcher 3 looks weird it never showed the date and weather widget, search widget looks weird, fast charging not working tried with 33w and 18w, Amazing thing is ANXcam is included in this rom.
Pixel Experience UNOFFICIAL - Never passed the setup screen it always crashes after clicking next on the very first setup step
Pixel Experience OFFICIAL[MIATOLL] - Fast charging does work.
Evolution-X - Works good. fast/turbocharging information showed are wrong. useful customization options. and to be honest a good support community
Device - Note 9 Pro Max [Excalibur]

Last edited:

narenrao.rao7

Oct 17, 2015
Gandhidham
Hey yo, thanks for the reply, but don't I have to wait for my mi account to her developer permissions? That'll take longer than the wait period I think
I got a waiting period of 168 hours its is general process , tomorrow i will unlock bootloader my waiting time will be over today. Such a ****ty process to unlock bootloader its just take couple of minutes in other phones why i can't understand the chinks want to delay unlocking phones. BTW i want to unlock bootloader to install VIPER4ANDROID i just love it using this app since my last three phones not for custom rom....

GildroY

Oct 10, 2017
Why no official ROMs for this device?
I was planning to buy, but with no Custom ROMs around, I am rethinking.

Amnesia_A9

Dec 6, 2018
Why no official ROMs for this device?
I was planning to buy, but with no Custom ROMs around, I am rethinking.

Official roms are there. Just the thing is that the custom roms for Xiaomi phone having 720g processor are being developed under "miatoll" codename
Its like Mi= Xiaomi
Atoll= 720g processor
PixisOs, pixel extended, Msm extended, Crdroid all are official roms

darkphoenix399

Nov 1, 2019
Reporting back after testing following roms.
Arrow OS - Launcher 3 looks weird it never showed the date and weather widget, search widget looks weird, fast charging not working tried with 33w and 18w, Amazing thing is ANXcam is included in this rom.
Pixel Experience UNOFFICIAL - Never passed the setup screen it always crashes after clicking next on the very first setup step
Pixel Experience OFFICIAL[MIATOLL] - Fast charging does work.
Evolution-X - Works good. fast/turbocharging information showed are wrong. useful customization options. and to be honest a good support community
Device - Note 9 Pro Max [Excalibur]

Try pixel extended , it does support fast charging , good battery life and its smooth just less customizations and you will have to flash anx camera manually.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi! Unfortunately that's something I don't have control over. You can try requesting this in the New Device Forum Requests thread. :)