• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROMS]ICS FULL STOCK V30A & V30B with root, Busybox, init.d - CWM installation

Search This thread

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
FULL STOCK LG ICS roms V30A & V30B
This is for people that want stock experience with the possibility of root, busybox and init.d support, but don't want the blingbling or tweaks from a custom rom.
These are full stock roms, meaning it is still odexed.
Modifications are help tools and have no effect on the stability and performance compared to a OTA updated.

INSTALLATION
ICS unlocked bootloader required with ICS partition layout.

Custom recovery for ICS.
Full wipe if coming from a different rom.
Install with custom recovery.

It is best to use the V30.. baseband for this.
V30B and V30A are different, first thing I did this morning was check them again.
V30A got more code then V30B , this is probably because V30A needs to support a wider region with more providers.
The strange thing to me is that LG gave it the same Baseband number 1035.21_20121130.
So it is possible that depending on the region you live in V30B or V30A is better.
To be very clear the ril of V30A and V30B are 100% the same so it can't be that if you get better connection

Note:
These are full stock LG ICS roms with the following modifications.

-Root
(SU 3.1.3)
-BusyBox 1.20.2
(Busybox is installed as primary and not default toolbox)
-Init.d support (Ramdisk modded for this)
For people that want to use scripts, like V6Supercharger or any other that needs init.d.
Folder is already present in "system/etc"
-Data mounted in EXT4 like the rest of the system.
(Ramdisk modded for this)

V30A
(CWM installation)
-Build date: Nov-30-2012
-EU region (open)
-Build for the following countries:

Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, France Caraibes, France Reunion, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Swiss, UK

V30B
(CWM installation)

-Build date: Dec-18-2012
-ESA region (open)

Algeria,Angola,Bahrain,Iran,Ghana,D.R. Congo,Iraq,Israel,Ivory coast,Jordan,Kenya,Kuwait,Lebanon,Nigeria,Oman,Palestine,Qatar,Saudi,Senegal,SouthAfrica,Syria,Tunisia,Turkey,UAE,India.

-Side info , these roms are fully based on the stock KDZ files that I extracted and pulled the full system from it and turned it into a cwm flashable package.
I used spyrosk Toolkit for it and kitchen with .img extraction tool. This way I got a clean boot.img and system dump .img that I then turned into a system build folder.
The same way I build my custom roms

-Every one that wants can use these roms as a base for a custom rom that they want to build.

I will add any new LG stock release in the future , so if you got a stock LG KDZ file just link it for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V30-TOOLBOX
Install with CWM

V30STOCK-LG-APP-WIPER
(see attachments for download)

Aroma wiper with the following options:

"Delete OTA update app,
(This app is only installed in V30A)
"Delete OnScreenPhone"
"Delete LG pc sync tool"
"Delete LG Cellbroadcast"
"Delete LG Remote Call service"

V30STOCK-SU660-EXTRA_WIDGETS

Aroma installer with the following options:

"ApplicationManagerWidget"
"CalendarWidget"
"MusicWidget"
"PowerWidget"

Attachments

• V30STOCK-LG-APP-WIPER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 8,152
  • V30STOCK-SU660-EXTRA_WIDGETS.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 3,951
Last edited:

civato

Apr 20, 2011
ToolBox

Added in OP=

V30-TOOLBOX

Install with CWM

V30STOCK-LG-APP-WIPER

"Delete OTA update app, Only available on V30A"
"Delete OnScreenPhone"
"Delete LG pc sync tool"

"CalendarWidget"
"MusicWidget"
"PowerWidget"

And what do we click when a post was useful?

Last edited:

wawyed

Sep 19, 2011
Nottingham
Hi, reporting here.

I had a bsod connecting the phone to USB when the screen was off.

World clock crashes.

I put a timer 1hour and after 30~ min the phone restarted itself.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

k101d

Aug 23, 2007
Hatyai
Thanks for you hard work and about the list of language with V30b it as shown like the attachment picture so I can use Thai too :D

Attachments

• 2013-01-08-12-39-08.jpg
    2013-01-08-12-39-08.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3,844
  • 2013-01-08-12-38-57.jpg
    2013-01-08-12-38-57.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 3,734
  • 2013-01-08-12-38-39.jpg
    2013-01-08-12-38-39.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 4,332
Reactions: civato

mesutziya

Feb 3, 2012
İzmir
Hi everybody, I have a question for u.
I really confuse to install it. Im stock rooted 2.3.4-V20s
Baseband is 1035.21_20120521
I wanna upgrade my phone to V30b, However how can I do it? What should I do first?

wals46

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for you hard work and about the list of language with V30b it as shown like the attachment picture so I can use Thai too :D

Both 30A and 30B are distributed multilanguage even each of them has a different region distribution.
Thai language is already included in 30B, the same of Italian used by me.
Civato, maybe you should explain in your first post that region does not mean multilanguage options.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9R
Hi everybody, I have a question for u.
I really confuse to install it. Im stock rooted 2.3.4-V20s
Baseband is 1035.21_20120521
I wanna upgrade my phone to V30b, However how can I do it? What should I do first?

First,

you should read a lot my friend.....and get the AIOT....allinonetoolkit, download the baseband (if required)download the ROM....

but i would suggest you to read as it will help you understand this process well....which will help more than anyone else....

Please dont take it as an offense mate

Reactions: pdevari

mesutziya

Feb 3, 2012
İzmir
First,

you should read a lot my friend.....and get the AIOT....allinonetoolkit, download the baseband (if required)download the ROM....

but i would suggest you to read as it will help you understand this process well....which will help more than anyone else....

Please dont take it as an offense mate

Thanks SREEPRAJAY.
I already have problem with allinonetoolkit, I know how to do it but I should upgrade baseband and also i should change partitions from old to new layout and after all I will use cwm to install this rom.
However I confused that which one should be first? Upgrade baseband or change partition.

Drefsab

May 18, 2010
How stable is this, my missus has the 2x and is constantly having problems she's been telling me today that she's already had to do a battery pull 4 times today because the instability.

All I need is a rom that's solid and stable and just works I don't care about fancy tweaks and speed just save me some ear ache :) Is this the rom to try?

civato

Apr 20, 2011
How stable is this, my missus has the 2x and is constantly having problems she's been telling me today that she's already had to do a battery pull 4 times today because the instability.

All I need is a rom that's solid and stable and just works I don't care about fancy tweaks and speed just save me some ear ache :) Is this the rom to try?
This is full stock with no tweaks , only help tools like full root , init.d and busybox. These things have no effect on stability.
If you got problems with this you got a problem with your phone.

Reactions: atlac

Drefsab

May 18, 2010
I've not flashed this rom I've used others and others have not been stable hence why I was asking how stable this one actually is, is the stock good enough to be used as a daily driver? After all LG have not been known for their bug free stock roms in the past :) I mean no offence to the quality of your work just wondering how good LG's latest version is.

Last edited:
Reactions: sareerraza

sareerraza

Apr 30, 2012
I've not flashed this rom I've used others and others have not been stable hence why I was asking how stable this one actually is, is the stock good enough to be used as a daily driver? After all LG have not been known for their bug free stock roms in the past :) I mean no offence to the quality of your work just wondering how good LG's latest version is.

well i have the same question can any one help

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Drefsab

May 18, 2010
I've been using this on my partners phone for a while and I keep getting a very weird issue I've not seen on any other phone. Randomly when I wake the phone up the screen is flipped and the colours seams to be like a negative. If I press power to blank the screen the power again its all fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FULL STOCK LG ICS roms V30A & V30B
    This is for people that want stock experience with the possibility of root, busybox and init.d support, but don't want the blingbling or tweaks from a custom rom.
    These are full stock roms, meaning it is still odexed.
    Modifications are help tools and have no effect on the stability and performance compared to a OTA updated.

INSTALLATION
    ICS unlocked bootloader required with ICS partition layout.

Custom recovery for ICS.
    Full wipe if coming from a different rom.
    Install with custom recovery.

It is best to use the V30.. baseband for this.
    V30B and V30A are different, first thing I did this morning was check them again.
    V30A got more code then V30B , this is probably because V30A needs to support a wider region with more providers.
    The strange thing to me is that LG gave it the same Baseband number 1035.21_20121130.
    So it is possible that depending on the region you live in V30B or V30A is better.
    To be very clear the ril of V30A and V30B are 100% the same so it can't be that if you get better connection

Note:
    These are full stock LG ICS roms with the following modifications.

-Root
    (SU 3.1.3)
    -BusyBox 1.20.2
    (Busybox is installed as primary and not default toolbox)
    -Init.d support (Ramdisk modded for this)
    For people that want to use scripts, like V6Supercharger or any other that needs init.d.
    Folder is already present in "system/etc"
    -Data mounted in EXT4 like the rest of the system.
    (Ramdisk modded for this)

V30A
    (CWM installation)
    -Build date: Nov-30-2012
    -EU region (open)

Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, France Caraibes, France Reunion, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Swiss, UK

V30B
    (CWM installation)

-Build date: Dec-18-2012
    -ESA region (open)

Algeria,Angola,Bahrain,Iran,Ghana,D.R. Congo,Iraq,Israel,Ivory coast,Jordan,Kenya,Kuwait,Lebanon,Nigeria,Oman,Palestine,Qatar,Saudi,Senegal,SouthAfrica,Syria,Tunisia,Turkey,UAE,India.

-Side info , these roms are fully based on the stock KDZ files that I extracted and pulled the full system from it and turned it into a cwm flashable package.
    I used spyrosk Toolkit for it and kitchen with .img extraction tool. This way I got a clean boot.img and system dump .img that I then turned into a system build folder.
    The same way I build my custom roms

-Every one that wants can use these roms as a base for a custom rom that they want to build.

I will add any new LG stock release in the future , so if you got a stock LG KDZ file just link it for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V30-TOOLBOX
    Install with CWM

V30STOCK-LG-APP-WIPER

"Delete OTA update app,
    (This app is only installed in V30A)
    "Delete OnScreenPhone"
    "Delete LG pc sync tool"

"CalendarWidget"
    "MusicWidget"
    "PowerWidget"

ToolBox

Added in OP=

V30-TOOLBOX

Install with CWM

V30STOCK-LG-APP-WIPER

"Delete OTA update app, Only available on V30A"
    "Delete OnScreenPhone"
    "Delete LG pc sync tool"

"CalendarWidget"
    "MusicWidget"
    "PowerWidget"

And what do we click when a post was useful?
    This rom is awesome! Since I have Dual Boot, I wanted to keep trying stock based roms next to Pengus CM10. I tried almost all ICS roms, BUT! this one is really a good one as base. Just stock and improve what you want. This is my favourite Android experiences ever on this phone:

-Install this rom and debloat it with your LG apps uninstaller ZIP.
    -Install Kowalski Kernel, it's not only making this rom fly but it's a good piece of thinking and quite better for your health (lower radiation)
    -Supercharge this one with latest V6 supercharger.

Now both rom and kernel are very well behaving. After days of use, no lag!

Battery consumption on idle, leaving all the syncing on:
    WiFi on: 1% /hour (not using Power Safe)
    3g on: 1,1% /hour

I can get a full day including 3 to 4 hours of screen on time, auto brightness.

My personal Kowalski Manager recommendations, leave all as default and change this:
    PSP off (unless your router supports it)
    11dBm
    512KB SD read ahead, both cards
    mid load balancing
    NO auto hotplug for second core!

That's it! Great experience.

Oh BTW, dont forget to Greenify hungry apps like facebook and google maps, it's easy and for free. Since we lack ram on this phone, it's the best we can get.
    the second one first mate
    Then flash BB then ROM,

Hope it is ok

O2X with Magical ICS ROM and supersonic kernels from my buddies
    :good:Thanks buddy ... Very Good Job:good:!