[ROMs][JB][CM][PAC][TWRP] ZTE SmartTab 7/10/Optik (V71A/V11A/V55) Development

Search This thread

larry0987

Sep 20, 2010
Flushing
4.2.2 running good so far on V55, only glitch I've had is when first configuring WiFi it won't connect but reboot and it connects no problem. Phablet mode takes getting used to but no problems yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Google Experience Launcher works with no issues.
Also, following this guide, multi user works.

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/03/...d-10-1-and-some-other-android-4-2-2-roms.html

Sent from my Optik using XDA Premium HD app

ultravioletnanokitty

Jan 2, 2012
Denver, CO
the cm10.1 build not booting on V11a.Only black screen.

Edit: The cm10 build working well with deep sleep.Testing now.Only thing is screen lights flickering when going to sleep.
Edit2:Videos black but sounds okay.

where does the cm10.1 build blackscreen? does it display the ramdisk logo (skateboarding androids) or does it go directly to a black screen after reboot?

ultravioletnanokitty

Jan 2, 2012
Denver, CO
4.2.2 running good so far on V55, only glitch I've had is when first configuring WiFi it won't connect but reboot and it connects no problem.

this has been an issue since 4.2 came out, and it has to do with incompatibilities between our (ancient and hacky) wifi kernel driver and the version of wpa_supplicant 4.2 uses. this is the #1 issue i'm working to fix in 4.2. the best way to fix it is to update the kernel driver, but any time i try and change anything related to it the kernel stops booting. more likely is that i'll find a way to modify/replace wpa_supplicant so it works as in 4.1. you can change networks without reboot by turning wifi off and back on, but it is slow. here's the process that works for me:

-turn off wifi
-wait until the message that wifi is off is displayed
-turn on wifi
-try to connect normally, network will say 'saved' but nothing will happen
-cycle wifi power again
-wifi should autoconnect

Reactions: tylerr55

ultravioletnanokitty

Jan 2, 2012
Denver, CO
no ramdisk logo,just black screen.

After flashing only black screen no any logo just black but pc recognize tablet(usb storage bla bla filter like that).

all right guys, to continue further i need logcat output. i uploaded some boot images with adb security turned off. i'll presume you've had some experience with logcat, but if not, here's the procedure:

• connect your tab in fastboot mode
  • run 'fastboot boot insecureboot.img'
  • run 'fastboot reboot'
  • run 'adb logcat > log.txt' immediately
  • wait a minute, then you can stop the command.
  • attach log.txt to a post or pastebin it

V11A: Androidfilehost
V71A: Androidfilehost

Reactions: tylerr55

bassgitt

Apr 23, 2011
Istanbul
all right guys, to continue further i need logcat output. i uploaded some boot images with adb security turned off. i'll presume you've had some experience with logcat, but if not, here's the procedure:

• connect your tab in fastboot mode
  • run 'fastboot boot insecureboot.img'
  • run 'fastboot reboot'
  • run 'adb logcat > log.txt' immediately
  • wait a minute, then you can stop the command.
  • attach log.txt to a post or pastebin it

need flash cm10.1 and this?right?if you confirm, i can do this now.

bassgitt

Apr 23, 2011
Istanbul
it say fastboot not support flash but i can run fastboot boot insecureboot.img

i use fastboot boot insecureboot.img and adb logcat logcat.txt but adb say waiting for device and device manager say hs usb storage filter for tablet.Any solution?

Last edited:

bassgitt

Apr 23, 2011
Istanbul
yes, flash cm10.1, wipe data/cache, then do this. you might as well use 'fastboot flash boot insecureboot.img' instead of 'fastboot boot insecureboot.img' since the boot.img included with the rom doesn't work anyway.

See my device manager.It say zte cdrom and usb mass storage. :confused:

Attachments

• sa.PNG
    sa.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: starman_tr

aaron_hucn

Feb 26, 2008
My v71a never go into deep sleep mode under cm10. Hence,got the battery consumption issue no matter on any cpu governer.

Last edited:

ultravioletnanokitty

Jan 2, 2012
Denver, CO
it say fastboot not support flash but i can run fastboot boot insecureboot.img

i use fastboot boot insecureboot.img and adb logcat logcat.txt but adb say waiting for device and device manager say hs usb storage filter for tablet.Any solution?

it would appear that the kernel isn't booting at all :(

i'll see what i can try and post another test build.

Reactions: scarnific

aaron_hucn

Feb 26, 2008
Replace the gpu driver with the one ripped from joe's cm10-0125 could fix media play issue. Would u have time to look into it to make the rom more perfect?!

Last edited:

larry0987

Sep 20, 2010
Flushing
Youtube

One issue I found with my V55 on 4.2.2 is Youtube does not play, using the app, stock browser or Chrome.

I assume this is related to the old kernel and codec support.

ultravioletnanokitty

Jan 2, 2012
Denver, CO
Cannot wake up my device frequently on this version ,any idea?

i have been experiencing this too and i'm not sure why it's happening... perhaps it's a permission issue, or it could be related to the fact that these builds currently do not have mpdecision or thermald... i haven't been able to get a log of it happening though, because the device freezes up before the kernel can log anything related to waking up. it just goes to sleep (more or less) successfully, then dies. the app 'deep sleep battery saver' will consistently reproduce the behaviour, so at least i can reliably test whether or not the problem is occurring. i'm going to test joe's newest build to see how it behaves in deep sleep (and also how video playback is set up). i'm also looking into why 4.2 isn't booting for V11A/V71A users, so there may a new boot image out soon.

aaron_hucn

Feb 26, 2008
i have been experiencing this too and i'm not sure why it's happening... perhaps it's a permission issue, or it could be related to the fact that these builds currently do not have mpdecision or thermald... i haven't been able to get a log of it happening though, because the device freezes up before the kernel can log anything related to waking up. it just goes to sleep (more or less) successfully, then dies. the app 'deep sleep battery saver' will consistently reproduce the behaviour, so at least i can reliably test whether or not the problem is occurring. i'm going to test joe's newest build to see how it behaves in deep sleep (and also how video playback is set up). i'm also looking into why 4.2 isn't booting for V11A/V71A users, so there may a new boot image out soon.

Wish u a good luck and can't wait to try ur next release.

aaron_hucn

Feb 26, 2008
ultravioletnanokitty, no baseband included in ur rom? I can't connect gsm network. How can I get it to work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is my attempt at creating a comprehensive, well-formatted index for current android development on these devices.

This thread, while significantly outdated, is the source of some of the information below. It's terribly formatted and difficult to follow, but may assist you if you get stuck on something here.

IMPORTANT KERNEL INFORMATION
    I have been receiving a number of private messages offering links/information related to the Honeycomb kernel source for these devices, which I already have. What I need is the kernel source code for Linux 3.0.8 for Ice Cream Sandwich on the ZTE V9S. So far as I am aware, that is the newest kernel version available for any ZTE device with the msm8660 SoC. Any source code for Honeycomb (kernel version 2.6.35.x) is what I already have and really woon't help me any.​

Contents
    • Rooting/Recovery -- Instructions and downloads related to getting your device initially set up for custom ROMs
    • Bootloader -- If you like to flash things a lot, this might make your life easier
    • Kernels -- If you're on V55 stock honeycomb, here's a better kernel for you.
    • ROMs -- My latest build of CM10 is my current recommendation. All newer builds are not yet functional enough for daily usage.
    • Sources -- Want to check out my work? Here's my github.

Rooting/Recovery​
    WARNING: There is no easy path back from this. If you have even the slightest doubt about switching ROMs, make a backup of all partitions first thing after installing recovery.

TWRP

It's TWRP.

Note: When using ADB sideload, make sure the cable is unplugged when you 'swipe to enter sideload'. If you leave the cable plugged in adbd doesn't restart properly for some reason and it either shows up as recovery but won't communicate or doesn't show up at all. So long as you properly observe this quirk, sideload is 100% functional and reliable.

TWRP v2.6.0.0 -- Build Date 7-30-2013:
    Changes:
    • First release for V71A/V11A

TWRP v2.6.0.0 -- Build Date 7-15-2013:
    V55: Androidfilehost
    Changes:
    • Updated to v2.6.0.0

Older Versions:

TWRP v2.4.4.0 -- Build Date 5-27-2013:
    Changes:
    • First build by me
    • USB fix in kernel (no more broken adb!)
    • Fixed fstab (only relevant partitions are available for manipulation)
    • Updated to v2.4.4.0 (joestone's is at 2.3.1.1)

Thanks to TWRP's new built-in rooting functionality, rooting is beyond easy.

Root via TWRP:
    1. Download the latest TWRP from above
    2. Reboot into fastboot mode with:
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      or by powering on the device while holding volume up
    3. Run (as root/with administrator privileges):
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery <your twrp image>
    4. If the command is successful, press and hold volume down and run:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
      (still with admin rights) to reboot into recovery.
    5. If the flash command is unsuccessful, you can also boot the recovery image without flashing it with:
      Code:
      fastboot boot <your twrp image>
      From there, you can make a backup and flash a ROM just as you normally would, though TWRP will not be written to the recovery partition.
    6. If you have not installed a ROM that has root access, TWRP will ask you if you want to root the device when you reboot.

Installing TWRP on an already-rooted device:
    1. Download the latest TWRP from above to your device
    2. Open a root shell on your device
    3. Type:
      Code:
      dd if=<your twrp image> of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
    4. Re-read it. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT TYPED EXACTLY, YOU CAN SERIOUSLY SCREW THINGS UP IF YOU MESS UP THE PARTITION NUMBER.
    5. Hit enter. You now have TWRP installed.

If you intend to stay on stock, you must keep TWRP from getting erased by deleting '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', which overwrites the recovery image on boot. If you boot the system without doing this, TWRP will be overwritten and you'll have to redo the process.

Bootloader

The bootloader preloaded on most V55 devices has a silly "security" measure enabled, by way of blocking the fastboot flash command. It also includes a remote management/updating framework called redbend, which I'm inclined not to trust. Luckily, the same bootloader appears to be used between V11A, V71A, V66, V68, V55, and V9X. While I am unsure about images from anything other than V71A, I can confirm that the bootloader image from joestone's V71A stock restore zip is fully compatible with the V55. As it does support fastboot flash, and does not include redbend, I feel that this bootloader is a worthwhile "up"grade for all V55 developers/flashers. It is not a necessary component, but it does simplify installation of things such as recovery and test boot images. Just flash the zip in TWRP to downgrade your bootloader!

V71A Bootloader:

Kernels​
    Currently, the only kernel worth offering as a package of its own is joestone's kernel #60. This kernel is for honeycomb ONLY. Do not flash on any AOSP ROM. More information in the old thread, see top of this post. 4shared

ROMs​
    joestone's ROMs (DISCONTINUED)
    For a good while these were the only custom ROMs available for these devices. While they work admirably well, they are very out of date and somewhat problematic. If you need 3G data on your V11A or V71A, these are the only CM builds that work at the moment. For V55, I now recommend my CM10 builds (below) above these, as they are much newer and better-optimised.

ZTE V9S Stock ICS Port​
    I have found this to be amazingly functional on the V55, with all hardware (possibly even 3g) working. However, there are problems with Google Play and related frameworks, which aren't included in this ROM. Unfortunately, the device boots up set to Chinese with a Russian keyboard, but it is simple to correct this in the setup wizard and keyboard settings.

Download: AndroidFileHost

My Work​
    PAC 4.1

This is my fork of the PAC4.1 project. Due to the complete lack of development (or interest) from the PAC team, I have chosen to take things into my own hands. My primary goals are as follows:
    • Integrate newest available PA, CM, and AOKP source
    • Finish basic device support for devices stuck on 4.1
    • Organise features better, add more?
    • Maybe convince PAC maintainers to re-adopt it?

My changes since forking the project: PAC4.1 Changelog

PAC 19.3.1 (4.1.2) v0.2 -- Build Date 4-2-2014:
    V55: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 1bc22ab71220eb9b43ac87e8e4f18e22
    V11A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: bff38eca99d8d2c640047a5865ed3521
    V71A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 982c82df8412335a55d7dcbfed07d9f0
    Changes:
    • Forked PAC4.1, see description
    • Fixed video playback

Older Versions:

PAC 19.3.0 (4.1.2) v0.1 -- Build Date 3-26-2014:
    V55: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 4165980f3ffc7e2cb8c1915c2dcc1065
    V11A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 6d448a9faccda89ca199c8f4be63f794
    V71A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 08779bbc3afb17b8484d66a3d1af4703
    Changes:
    • First PAC4.1 release

ParanoidKANGdroid

This is an ancient ParanoidKANGdroid build based upon my CM10.1 build, for V55 only. It's a relic of my first attempt at 4.2 support, and I only leave it here because it's the only build of its kind. It will be replaced by PAC as soon as possible.

ParanoidKANGdroid (4.2.2) v0.2 -- Build Date 3-12-2013:
    V55: Dev-Host MD5: f13ece516b1fe10b29e9ae3d9e398285
    Changes:
    • First release-worthy build

CM10.1

This is a stock CM10.1 build. It is based heavily upon hardware support from Team-Hydra's git repos. Unfortunately, as of now it's not particularly easy to enable the old tablet layout (the real tablet layout) an Android 4.2. As a result, the device is laid out in the Nexus 7's "phablet" mode, and DPI is set to 213 (the actual physical DPI of the device).

Known Working:
    • Display + 2D/3D Acceleration
    • Audio
    • Video Playback
    • Input (Buttons+Touch)
    • LED (no configurability yet)
    • GPS
    • Storage
    • Sensors

Known Partially Functional:
    • WiFi (scans and connects when first turned on, will not scan after that. logcat is full of 'failed to initiate ap scan'.)
    • Bluetooth (turns on, scans, and will attempt to pair, will not actually pair)
    • USB (ADB is functional, MTP is not)

Known Broken:
    • 3G
    • Camera
    • Tethering of any kind
    • Lots of little things

Untested:
    • FM (not supported in stock, very low priority)
    • HDMI (I've not found an HDMI adapter for this device)

CM10.1 (4.2.2) v0.3 -- Build Date 1-28-2014:
    V55: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 3f9f4a355b622dbd249f61deb6eaa6d6
    V11A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 6c1b23bf4d2d379fbd2abf431ce957e0 (Doesn't Boot, More Testing Needed)
    V71A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: f25b06041d83ea12b9e903a499f75fb6 (Doesn't Boot, More Testing Needed)
    Changes:
    • Fixed Audio
    • Fixed GPS
    • Much newer CM sources (again)
    • First test releases for V11A and V71A (these aren't booting yet)

Older Versions:

CM10.1 (4.2.2) v0.2 -- Build Date 8-24-2013:
    V55: Androidfilehost MD5: ac979163287479fa452ea4608c97fab8
    Changes:
    • ADB works properly now
    • Much newer CM sources

CM10.1 (4.2.2) v0.1 -- Build Date 2-26-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • First usable build

CM10

Screenshots:

liJ7wv1.jpg
    Cua17Xw.png
    vk0BMxs.png

9zjTKUy.jpg
    B8tQC90.png
    0MkQqXV.jpg

This is a stock CM10 build. I have not made any cherry-picks or other modifications, though the screen DPI is set to 160 for tablet mode. My intention is to create a stable and functional CM10 ROM that improves speed, stability, and efficiency over joestone's builds. I am extremely glad to say that I have reached approximately the same level of hardware support as joestone's CM10 builds on V55, and V11A and V71A are close behind. This is highly usable as a daily driver.

Known Working:
    • Display + 2D/3D Acceleration
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Input (Buttons+Touch)
    • LED (no configurability yet)
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Storage
    • Sensors

Known Partially Functional:
    • Bluetooth (A2DP, HID, and OBEX work fine, PAN causes a reboot)
    • Certain apps (Chrome and the new Maps, mainly) flicker, sometimes unusably (this seems to be somewhat minimal now, i'm not sure why)

Known Broken:
    • 3G
    • Camera
    • Tethering of any kind
    • Let me know what else, if anything

Untested:
    • FM (not supported in stock, very low priority)
    • HDMI (I've not found an HDMI adapter for this device)

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.7 -- Build Date 4-3-2014:
    V55: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: e705b43389608636f2f47c252351935a
    V11A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 0e36265a9afa1a6c9f5f1c6fd2033468
    V71A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 7c141e5d984f8865fcd96d8c2d6ae694
    Changes:
    • Fixed video playback

Older Versions:

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.65 -- Build Date 1-29-2014:
    V55: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 7e2e15a66ebae8f63ecdcc59c9cf5796
    V11A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: a794cc08cd7422a251bbb80ebe7aa6ae
    V71A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 5d866ecda5f5d7219d5b34cafacba2a2
    Changes:
    • Set default CPU governor to SavagedZen, much better than performance
    • Fixed deep sleep/power management in general (?)
    • Disabled insecure boot, fixed adb root functionality
    • Optimised miscellaneous things

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.6 -- Build Date 1-28-2014:
    V55: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 6daab601f5931e6b037728c2e7dd82c7
    V11A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: 08470455d1bb33ba7e6eb3eb4d7c807a
    V71A: Androidfilehost | Direct MD5: f5d992f177aa45b75c11566d567ce439
    Changes:
    • Fixed Audio
    • Fixed GPS

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.5 -- Build Date 8-12-2013:
    V55: Androidfilehost MD5: 32637b00cbe764d2b47f7a4fc6c6a422
    V11A: Androidfilehost MD5: 77eee654b7c38c6d9e47d50a21787419
    V71A: Androidfilehost MD5: 619c11f83f253cb5e3335e8893409452
    Changes:
    • CM 10.0.0 final
    • Fixed Bluetooth (partially)
    • Fixed native video playback
    • First release for V11A and V71A
    • More trimming

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.45 -- Build Date 6-24-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • Complete resync/rebuild
    • Trims and tweaks related to trying to fix broken hardware

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.4 -- Build Date 3-7-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • Updated kernel to 2.6.35.14
    • Major behind-the-scenes changes and optimisation

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.35 -- Build Date 2-9-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • Fixed USB properly (removed silly ZTE code)

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.3 -- Build Date 2-8-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • Fixed sensors
    • Added USB workaround
    • Removed thermald and mpdecision for now
    • Complete resync/rebuild
    • More cleanup

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.2 -- Build Date 2-6-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • Improved graphics performance
    • Fixed storage
    • Lots of little tweaks and cleanup

CM10 (4.1.2) v0.1 -- Build Date 2-3-2013: No Longer Available
    Changes:
    • First usable build

Sources​
    The device configuration I continue to improve for these SmartTabs can be found on my github here.
    Cyanogenmod's sources are available on github here.
    all right guys, i'm sorry it's been so long... due to personal issues i've not been working on my development too actively. i am, however, very close to having 4.2 builds out for V11A and V71A, there's only one major issue standing in my way now. for those of you out there still valiantly holding onto your smarttabs, don't lose hope! i haven't given up and i am still working on this, things just aren't going very quickly at the moment.
    Come on man do something, anything :p

cm10.2 and pac4.3 builds will be out soon. i have an interface box for jtag and ttl serial in the mail, so i'll be able to work on a linux 3.4 kernel soon. my living situation overall is quite hectic but i have a powerful desktop now so i can work much faster. i know i've been extremely slow with progress, but i am still working on this and i have high hopes for these devices in the future.
    new builds of cm10 and pac4.1 in the original post, video playback is now working! i'm still very uncertain about what's causing the deep sleep issues, but i don't think it's related to deep sleep itself... the exact same symptoms (device suddenly powers off and cold boots when you hit the power button) also occur even when the screen is on and an app is running.
    New Release For All Devices

all right guys, i've gotten a release together far all 3 devices. bluetooth is now mostly functional, but don't try and tether or use pan in any other way; it will cause a reboot instantly. a2dp and obex (contact/picture sharing) work fine. native video playback (including in the youtube app in full hd) works perfe.tly. this means that you can watch youtube videos with audio over a2dp, which is at least something until i can figure out the audio hardware.