ROMs overview for beginners

Search This thread

Mike biker

Mar 8, 2021
Italy (Livorno)
Hi everyone,

I'm new to custom ROM world, but I'm really excited about the idea to have a cleaner and smoother phone, improving battery performance.

I’m currently waiting to have the bootloader unlocked, and I’m using this time to better understand which custom ROM could be better for me.

For sure, I have ridden tons of times that the best is try myself as many ROMs as I can, but being a beginner is difficult for me understand from what I can start.

So, I kindly ask to the community to give me an overview of the ROMs available, so I can start with them.

What I’m looking for is something simple and clean; I am not a gamer, I use my phone to manage my wallet (mobile banking), see videos, take photos and, most important, monitor my diabetes with an app that use NFC (freestyle libre).

I think that for me would be better start with official ROMs, what do you think?
Arrow OS is the answer?

Thanks a lot the contributors

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
ZTE Axon 7
Easiest and closest to stock (including camera) is Xiaomi.eu.

As for non-stock based options, I suggest you start with LineageOS or ArrowOS, for the sheer approval rate.

YMMV, though. As a newbie, expect a lot of testing, so always backup everything and keep notes...

Reactions: fox_xda2

Mike biker

Mar 8, 2021
Italy (Livorno)

As for non-stock based options, I suggest you start with LineageOS or ArrowOS, for the sheer approval rate.

YMMV, though. As a newbie, expect a lot of testing, so always backup everything and keep notes...
Thanks @pnin, I will go ahead with ArrowOS since is official.... I will try for sure lineageOS when it will arrive in official state!

Reactions: pnin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks @pnin, I will go ahead with ArrowOS since is official.... I will try for sure lineageOS when it will arrive in official state!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone