• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROMs] Stock Rooted MM - For US WiFi and RoW LTE Shield Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Some of you may have seen my post in the Original Shield Tablet MM 4.0 Update thread, but now I'm finally making a new thread for these to help people out.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for your tablet. You own it, be smart about what you do with it. Not my problem if you screw something up.

This is an all-in-one MM update for the specific version of your Shield (select the right link at the bottom).

If you have already used my first zip, this will remote TegraOTA and upgrade TWRP to 3.0.
If you're already on MM, rooted, removed TegraOTA, and on TWRP 3.0, this won't add anything.

What does this contain?
  • Stock Rooted MM - Full Nvidia Update
  • TWRP 3.0.0 (thanks to @romracer)
  • TegraOTA Removed (Nobody needs that nonsense anyway)
  • SuperSU

What does this not contain?
  • Anything else - Read: Stock. Rooted.

What's broken?
  • OTA. You won't get any OTA updates (You don't want them if you're rooted anyway)

What do I need to do?
  • Be Unlocked
  • Have TWRP installed
  • Drop correct zip to device, then flash (if you need me to explain this, you shouldn't be doing it)
  • You CAN dirty flash this and not wipe /data partition (except the RoW LTE if flashing on a US LTE tab).
  • You also need to have a little patience. First boot takes some time. Chill. It's not hanging.
  • IGNORE the message in TWRP stating that the device isn't rooted. It is. TWRP just doesn't believe me. IGNORE IT.

Links Below:
(Be sure to download the one that you need. Not my problem if you can't handle that yourself.)
**RoW means Rest of World. Not my terminology, but that's what you use if you have anything other than a US tablet**

US WiFi Shield Tablet: Temporarily Removed

RoW WiFi Shield Tablet: Temporarily Removed

Flashing RoW LTE on US LTE tablet will cause you to be missing some buttons. Follow the instructions below to get them back.
RoW LTE Shield Tablet: Temporarily Removed

For US LTE on RoW LTE rom:
* Flash the rom
* Reboot to system
* Connect to PC (or maybe open Terminal Emulator if you have it installed)
* Run the following in adb if on PC
Code:
adb shell am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity
* Do what you can, reboot, and finish if it fails or crashes on the first attempt.
* Reboot

Thanks to @bill0405 for button fix when using the RoW LTE rom on a US LTE device.

**Note: I put this in General instead of Dev, because I didn't really do any dev work. Just some scripting to have it flash the way I want and do what I want.

Last edited:

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
Hello, I haven't looked in your other threads but will these files automatically install the MM firmware?? Or will I need to do that separately??

Thanks.

Mojar7070

Jan 25, 2013
Install went well, thank you.

Just a heads up, first boot will take some time. There are no boot animations. Just the stock Nvidia splash screen. It will look like the boot hangs on the splash screen but be patient, it will get to the set up screen with time.

Edit: All is working well. Multi window option is not present on dev option, will modify in build prop. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Schyler

Sep 21, 2010
Are any of these safe to install on a US LTE model? I never have and never will use the LTE modem, so it doesn't matter to me if it doesn't work as long as everything else does.

JohnK71

Sep 13, 2014
Lebanon, PA
LG V60 ThinQ
Awe, man. I was all excited and then I was ready and thought I'd boot into fastboot and...Ugh, I am still locked. If I just flash this it won't work right? Should I just unlock and then push everything over or is there a better way now? I am on 5.1.1 LP rooted with TWRP. Thanks for your help.

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
I'm currently on stock rooted 5.1.1, with TWRP installed, and Bit-O-Kernel. If I install this 6.0 update, will it wipe my tablet? I'm really not up for reinstalling and setting up everything all over again right now... I know I'll lose the kernel during the install, I'm ok with that as it's an easy quick reinstall.

Dirty flash is fine. Just make sure the kernel you want to use supports M.

2kool2Bcruel

Sep 29, 2013
Installation worked but weird things happening.

This flashed perfectly on my US Wifi coming from a rooted stock LP.

TWRP 3.0.0 is very sluggish and behaves strangely. Also, trying to flash Xposed framework results in errors regarding "read only" even though the Mount System As Read Only option is unchecked.

I've tried all day to figure out a solution but I've found nothing.

As anyone else ran into these issues.

quangv

Aug 15, 2009
Is it safe for OG tablet? Anyone confirm it's working without be killed.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some of you may have seen my post in the Original Shield Tablet MM 4.0 Update thread, but now I'm finally making a new thread for these to help people out.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for your tablet. You own it, be smart about what you do with it. Not my problem if you screw something up.

This is an all-in-one MM update for the specific version of your Shield (select the right link at the bottom).

If you have already used my first zip, this will remote TegraOTA and upgrade TWRP to 3.0.
    If you're already on MM, rooted, removed TegraOTA, and on TWRP 3.0, this won't add anything.

What does this contain?
    • Stock Rooted MM - Full Nvidia Update
    • TWRP 3.0.0 (thanks to @romracer)
    • TegraOTA Removed (Nobody needs that nonsense anyway)
    • SuperSU

What does this not contain?
    • Anything else - Read: Stock. Rooted.

What's broken?
    • OTA. You won't get any OTA updates (You don't want them if you're rooted anyway)

What do I need to do?
    • Be Unlocked
    • Have TWRP installed
    • Drop correct zip to device, then flash (if you need me to explain this, you shouldn't be doing it)
    • You CAN dirty flash this and not wipe /data partition (except the RoW LTE if flashing on a US LTE tab).
    • You also need to have a little patience. First boot takes some time. Chill. It's not hanging.
    • IGNORE the message in TWRP stating that the device isn't rooted. It is. TWRP just doesn't believe me. IGNORE IT.

Links Below:
    (Be sure to download the one that you need. Not my problem if you can't handle that yourself.)
    **RoW means Rest of World. Not my terminology, but that's what you use if you have anything other than a US tablet**

US WiFi Shield Tablet: Temporarily Removed

RoW WiFi Shield Tablet: Temporarily Removed

Flashing RoW LTE on US LTE tablet will cause you to be missing some buttons. Follow the instructions below to get them back.
    RoW LTE Shield Tablet: Temporarily Removed

For US LTE on RoW LTE rom:
    * Flash the rom
    * Reboot to system
    * Connect to PC (or maybe open Terminal Emulator if you have it installed)
    * Run the following in adb if on PC
    Code:
    adb shell am start -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardTestActivity
    * Do what you can, reboot, and finish if it fails or crashes on the first attempt.
    * Reboot

Thanks to @bill0405 for button fix when using the RoW LTE rom on a US LTE device.

**Note: I put this in General instead of Dev, because I didn't really do any dev work. Just some scripting to have it flash the way I want and do what I want.
    All links are temporarily removed. Too much confusion with what's going on.

I'll work on the new updates, as well as figuring out why there was an OTA, when the tegraOTA.apk was removed from all versions.

The thread will be updated when I get a chance, and I'll let everyone know what's going on with it.
    @Harfainx, will you updating this thread with latest version which came out today? Or is it not needed for people who are already on marshmallow without any problems?

I don't have the image yet, so I can't tell what's actually different. It probably won't be needed for anyone that doesn't have WiFi problems, but I can be sure after getting the image.

Anyone have a link for the new release? I don't see it in General anywhere.

I'll probably maintain this, but it's going to be just as it is now. I'm not offering ROM support. This isn't a custom ROM. It's just a few small things on it, that's all.

I may, at some point get around to making a custom ROM, but I'm far too lazy to do that right now.

Edit: I pulled the image, and it looks like it's mostly just timestamps that are changed. Nothing major changed in it. App updates, timestamps, etc. If you're on M, don't worry about it, unless you actually experienced WiFi issues. Then the update may fix your problem.
    I'll update the ROMs in the OP at some point and make sure they're the newest possible.
    RoW WiFi model is added.
    still on stock rooted 5.1.1 and have CWM installed. Do I need to flash TWRP first?

No idea. I didn't try it, I just know that TWRP works.

Thanks for that. I actually added it to the OP, and credited you for the info. :highfive:

What's everyone else's experience so far?

Wrong thread. This is about the ROM, not benchmarks.