Roms that currently can be flashed on AT&T S5

Search This thread

silrosriv

May 2, 2012
Are you rooted? Safestrap installed?

Rooted, no safestrap since I haven't tried other roms.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I have tried to fix it with my own ROM but the problem seems to stem from the phone changing to a lower CPU frequency. Usually happens to me about 30 seconds after I turn the screen off for just a moment.

I'll try it leaving the screen on and report back.

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Rooted, no safestrap since I haven't tried other roms.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I'll try it leaving the screen on and report back.

Ok make sure you install busybox before you install Safestrap and update SuperSu. I've flashed every VisionX Rom for G900A and previous devices so I highly recommend them @AxAtAx is a great dev here's the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797336
G900A is compatible with G900T and G900F Roms. As I stated before one cannot flash custom kernels on G900A
Any other questions I'll be happy to help or point you in the right direction.

Aug 11, 2011
Hartford, CT
Any way to get Eclipse on AT&T S5?

On the Verizon S5 forum, there is a sick rom Eclipse. It is built on 4.4.4, but is there a way to get this running on AT&T S5? It flashes fine, but obviously doesn't connect data. Can't post link, but the rom name is below.

[ROM] Eclipse S5 TW - v1.0.3 (12/27/14) - Real AOSP styling!! Google Experience!!

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
On the Verizon S5 forum, there is a sick rom Eclipse. It is built on 4.4.4, but is there a way to get this running on AT&T S5? It flashes fine, but obviously doesn't connect data. Can't post link, but the rom name is below.

[ROM] Eclipse S5 TW - v1.0.3 (12/27/14) - Real AOSP styling!! Google Experience!!

No you'd need a custom kernel and with the locked bootloader that ain't happening

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
Figured that out last night ..lol then accidentally erased my OS then had to install my rom again restore all my data from my backup ROM reboot then boot loop had to restart wipe dalvik and restart funny thing is all I did was reinstall xposed framework and everything went back to the way it was..COOL ....
Is anyone still working on Development for G900A anymore or G900T or G870A

Reactions: s8freak

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Figured that out last night ..lol then accidentally erased my OS then had to install my rom again restore all my data from my backup ROM reboot then boot loop had to restart wipe dalvik and restart funny thing is all I did was reinstall xposed framework and everything went back to the way it was..COOL ....
Is anyone still working on Development for G900A anymore or G900T or G870A

Very,VERY slow but I know @AxAtAx is building for G900A,G900T

Aug 11, 2011
Hartford, CT
iuni os rom on AT&T

Just curious if anyone has or could get iuni os rom running on AT&T S5. It's compatible on t-mobile, but i can't get past boot. Found in General section of intl S5.

[rom][info]iuni os g900F/T 4.4.2 19/01/2015

Aug 11, 2011
Hartford, CT
I thought the g900t roms we're compatible with g900A.. Would it make sense just to reload the stock kernel would that allow you to get past boot loop

I tried replacing the boot.img but just bootloop. On that forum, it sounded like t-mobile was doing the same thing until someone made some modifications to the rom and was able to get past loop. i do see comments around some using a modded ktoonz kernel, which we obv can't, but i don't know what else, or if anything else could be done to get it working. it does seem to be tw based tho. hopefully someone who knows a bit more deth on the subject runs across it!

looks/sounds sweet.

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
I thought the g900t roms we're compatible with g900A.. Would it make sense just to reload the stock kernel would that allow you to get past boot loop

You can flash 4.4.2 G900T, G900F T/W Roms on G900A however any other kernel cannot be flashed or AOSP roms either . If tried device will just boot loop the locked down boot loader prevents it.

I personally have Pyrana a G900F ROM in ROM slot one and G900F ClinchL ROM in stock slot on my G900A

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
You can flash 4.4.2 G900T, G900F T/W Roms on G900A however any other kernel cannot be flashed or AOSP roms either . If tried device will just boot loop the locked down boot loader prevents it.

I personally have Pyrana a G900F ROM in ROM slot one and G900F ClinchL ROM in stock slot on my G900A

It was my understanding that the rom slots did not work in the G900A version of SafeStrap as of yet. Did I miss something?

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger

Attachments

• 1422737860055.jpg
    1422737860055.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:

shpitz461

Aug 25, 2007
Acworth, GA
I have a G900A with safestrap, rooted. Flashed vision-X ViSXS5G900TUVU1CNK2.zip, and used morelocal2 to change interface to Hebrew. Only a few things changed, most of the phone is still in english.

Does anyone know of a way to turn it completely into Hebrew?

Almost all the apps are in English, the settings are all English, only dates and a few things are in Hebrew.

Thanks!

shpitz461

Aug 25, 2007
Acworth, GA
Thanks but no dice, Hebrew was already listed under Language, and if I switch it to English, then try to switch it again, Hebrew is not listed.

From reading I know that Samsung removed all foreign languages from the US S5 variants, but I can't seem to find a custom rom that includes Hebrew...

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Bingo! Flashed this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2761682

Hebrew was not listed, but used morelocal2 to add Hebrew, then switched to it, everything turned Hebrew, hooray!

Now, if only I could find a debloated/denoxed/de-ciq'd G900F rom to flash... :)

Reactions: s8freak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the APN setting from my total stock AT&T S5 for anyone who needs them, hope it helps.
    So while we wait for the 'Development' area to start filling up with new Roms, I opened this thread for people to share what they have found it currently works from other S5 Forums.

So far I have tried and work:

* Alliance Rom (From the T-mobile Forum) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2748569
    * Stock International from the International Forum ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2761682)
    * X-Note from the International Forum also works (after removing the Aroma stuff and editing the META-INF folder, Thanks @Skizzy034 for the hint)
    * Vision-X http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797336
    * Alvin's Stock http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2791067

You have to setup the APN after installing the Roms

*** IMPORTANT***
    If you lose root on when installing International ROMS, use 'towelroot v1' to root v3 seems to not work sometimes.
    I posted this in the safestrap thread. It will help out for this thread also:

(Aroma Based Roms)

You can. You just have to take the stuff you want out of the optional aroma install folders and place them in the corresponding /system folders such as /system/app. Then you have to edit the stuff in the meta-inf folder or, easier, replace the meta-inf folder with one from a non-aroma based rom, then just flash as normal.

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Should people not want choices?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with choices, of course choices are good. But when somebody goes into a Samsung purchase with no guarantee of a bootloader unlock let alone root and they say that they hate Touchwiz, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I just think that those people should do their research beforehand and get a phone where they know for sure that they will get what they want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I always laugh when stock android and CM fans purchase a Samsung device and then complain. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone