ROMs that run on the G6 Play [GSI]

Search This thread

ry755

Oct 12, 2016
Temecula, California
It definitely sounds like you did everything correctly and troubleshooted this in all possible ways. It might be the bootanimation lib that's included in AOSP. You could try replacing the one in /system/lib. I've attached the one from stock Pie. I had to zip it because XDA reasons.

Just tried this, it still doesn't work :/

I asked @Kuntitled on Telegram about it, and he said GSI boot animations work fine on his Aljeter. So then I guess something else is broken with Jeter.

dotKin

Jun 19, 2019
phh's v200 not booting, just reboots at N/A screen. Did someone get it booting?

Edit: not tested with v200.a

Last edited:

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
Moto E (2020)
phh's v200 not booting, just reboots at N/A screen. Did someone get it booting?

Edit: not tested with v200.a

It will boot with Oreo firmware. You'll need to flash the vendor.img, oem.img, and boot.img from the last Oreo release, then reboot into twrp. Wipe, data, cache, system, and dalvik. Install Quack v200.a, then flash the special Magisk zip by phh from his Treble release page.

Note: Your apn file goes in /system/product/etc and also /system/etc to get data working. Flashing Android 10 will also break LTE afterwards on stock. (3G still works.) To fix your LTE, flash the latest Pie firmware, then start setting up until LTE reconnects. Once that happens you can reflash twrp and restore your backup. You dont have to go through the full setup process again. Just enought to get LTE back.

Also of note; v200.b is now available. I haven't tried it yet so this information may not apply to that release. I'd try the Pie vendor and oem on it first, then Oreo if it loops. If it breaks LTE, follow the steps above.

dotKin

Jun 19, 2019
It will boot with Oreo firmware. You'll need to flash the vendor.img, oem.img, and boot.img from the last Oreo release, then reboot into twrp. Wipe, data, cache, system, and dalvik. Install Quack v200.a, then flash the special Magisk zip by phh from his Treble release page.

Note: Your apn file goes in /system/product/etc and also /system/etc to get data working. Flashing Android 10 will also break LTE afterwards on stock. (3G still works.) To fix your LTE, flash the latest Pie firmware, then start setting up until LTE reconnects. Once that happens you can reflash twrp and restore your backup. You dont have to go through the full setup process again. Just enought to get LTE back.

Also of note; v200.b is now available. I haven't tried it yet so this information may not apply to that release. I'd try the Pie vendor and oem on it first, then Oreo if it loops. If it breaks LTE, follow the steps above.
Flashed v200.c and same as v200 doesn't boot with Pie but it does with Oreo. IMEI, SIM and such is broken in this Oreo firmware so it won't even work, but at least we have it booting! In the mean time I'll be looking for a stable vendor to test v200.

Just a question: Do you have WiFi working properly? I can't make it work in any GSI. I will just flash another vendor and hope to get it working (here's a report of this https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues/671).

Edit: Flashed another vendor for aljeter and the same, and jeter vendor won't even let me turn wifi on (This is why i'm still on stock instead of any other great rom.). Flashing Pie NON-HLOS fixed baseband not found.

Last edited:

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
Moto E (2020)
it doesnt though, it just sits at a black screen that says "bad key" and keeps rebooting

How long does it normally take to flash? because it only takes 2 seconds for it to flash

It runs at like 50mb per second I think. It should be fast, but not that fast. It usually takes me like 20 seconds to install a 1gb image.

This is what I do when I flash images, maybe it'll help.

1. Wipe data, cache, dalvik, and system.
2. Manually remount /system by rechecking the box in twrp.
3. Flash GSI
4. Reboot

That's what works for me. Pie vendor, model xt1922-7. Another thing worth checking is that the images you're trying to flash are arm32 A-Only. I just downloaded the most recent AOSiP, I'll try flashing it and see if there's a problem with it.

Edit: Install took exactly 25 seconds. First boot took 2min and 6 sec.

Last edited:

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
It runs at like 50mb per second I think. It should be fast, but not that fast. It usually takes me like 20 seconds to install a 1gb image.

This is what I do when I flash images, maybe it'll help.

1. Wipe data, cache, dalvik, and system.
2. Manually remount /system by rechecking the box in twrp.
3. Flash GSI
4. Reboot

That's what works for me. Pie vendor, model xt1922-7. Another thing worth checking is that the images you're trying to flash are arm32 A-Only. I just downloaded the most recent AOSiP, I'll try flashing it and see if there's a problem with it.

Edit: Install took exactly 25 seconds. First boot took 2min and 6 sec.

am i possibly on the wrong device? how do you check what model I have? like xt1922-7

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
am i possibly on the wrong device? how do you check what model I have? like xt1922-7
Download devcheck and go to system and look at sku like in the screenshot provided

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190922-150358.png
    Screenshot_20190922-150358.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 320

PimpMy5Ton

Jul 23, 2015
Is there a way to get mobile data working on any of these GSI roms?? any one I've tried has phone calls and text messages working but no mobile data, even after replacing the apns-conf.xml with the one from Pie stock and even trying to configure the apn manually

Starkiller2

May 2, 2018
phoenix
As far as the APN, I used this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...itemasterlight
After installing busybox in magisk
In the editor settings, check use busybox from system

. In the sqlite editor, please select the app
"Phone and messaging storage"
Go to the folder databases
Then the file telephony.db
Change the search parameter to numeric
Search 310120
Edit one of those apns to match the boost apn titled "internet"
However do not change the numeric field, or the mmc mnc
Delete the other 310120 apns. Unless you want hotspot, then copy the Pam apn as well. Then save and reboot.
If you need screenshots of the apns let me know
Make sure you don't use 311870

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Recommended Root Guide (Jeter) by Ninjakara
    Recommended tweaks
    Universal Disabler
    I also recommend: Magisk, for the ability to use other mods; F-Droid, for free and open source apps.

Pie GSI ROMs:
    (Will update w/replies)

Oreo
    (To be added w/replies)

Pie OTA Update
    You must be on complete stock in order for this update to install!
    Download it to the root of your internal storage
    give moto update service storage permission
    check for update/install update/wait.
    When it's done updating, install twrp and your choice of GSI ROM.

PERSONAL UPDATE
    My G6 Play (JETER-SPRINT), just recently had it's screen die. I replaced it with an E5 Play, because it was cheaper. I would love to get another G6, but unfortunately my lack of money does prevent me from doing so. My G6 Play and my E5 Play both had their screens die, and I've gotten an E4 (PERRY-TMOBILE), as well as an unmoddable phone.
    Thread updated
    Been using Havoc OS 2.5 on my device. Has been running flawlessly since after getting Google Certified.
    Might wanna update that OP! Link to GSI thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...bled-device-development/gsi-havoc-os-t3930030
    Android Open Source Illusion Project 9.0 (AOSiP) is also working and I believe 100% bug free. I haven't found any problems yet. Here's the link to official website. http://get.aosip.dev/GSI/
    @Spaceminer and @Starkiller2, You guys are saints. It really was a joint effort combined with a lot of patience and persistence.

As for Resurrection Remix, i flashed the 4/6 build and stock Gapps and all i had to do to get my device certified was the MagiskHideProps module. Huge huge thanks to @Starkiller2 for helping me through flashing and getting the GSI to work. Now, it's not perfect (Resurrection Remix), but it sure as hell works just fine and dandy.

The only real issue so far is that i don't get a preferred apps popoup (the one you get if you have multiple apps to do the same thing. Example: I was trying to change a picture in the QuickSettings header and the "pick local image" option would only open an Icon pack app i had, completely ignorning the 2 file explorers i have on the device.

HUGE, HUGE thanks to @Spaceminer and @Starkiller2 for being patient with me, a noob, and helping me through all the issues. Really makes me glad i'm part of this community.