• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

mr_zenith

Oct 31, 2014
Android 9 Pie

Hello, I think I understand that this is the thread of the best rom for upgrade P9.

So I'm wondering if it will be a good choice to install OmniROM Pie Alpha 5.2....
Is the only one based on android 9 pie, right?

Of course I've a P9 EVA- L09 rebranded to EVA-AL10 with stock recovery etc...
Thanks to all

Last edited:

gstla

Aug 26, 2019
factory reset not working when trying to install openkirin

Hi,
I try to install OpenKirin and I succefully do all step but when I'm on step 15. Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button. the wipe faild at 16%. I try all EMUI 8-based Builds without any success. Could someone help me?
If I start the phone without factory reset the phone doesn't start and get blocked with the boot message at infinite
thanks for your help

NervReaper

May 19, 2015
Hi,
I try to install OpenKirin and I succefully do all step but when I'm on step 15. Press the “Wipe data/factory reset” button. the wipe faild at 16%. I try all EMUI 8-based Builds without any success. Could someone help me?
If I start the phone without factory reset the phone doesn't start and get blocked with the boot message at infinite
thanks for your help

Does work fine with wipe failed. It's a common issue. Just reboot after that and everything will work.

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
it's not working the phone doesn't boot :crying:

before flsshing system image in fastboot use fastboot option to wipe system ...then flash system.img ..that way factory reset wont be necesaary ..also wipe data ..

the problem with many emui or huawei is that factory reset is not completing or working so phone isnt booting

thats why use stock recovery ..everything stock ..then use fastboot to wipe system & data ..then flash system image ...then phone will boot ..

Reactions: nadliw

Dimi72

Feb 29, 2016
Hello all, can anyone share his findings on the Omniron pie ROM?

And a second question: is that ROM still updated? Because I see a changelog with recent updates, but the last updates for the EMUI 8 devices is dated in february.

Thanks to the openkirin team !

Wattsensi

May 13, 2018
Talca
They abandoned us. But no need to stay on OpenKirin ROMs. I'm working on a method to get a working camera on any phhusson GSI. AndyYan's LineageOS GSI is a million times faster and better than that incomplete OmniROM Pie. Will try to get a repeatable method.

Reactions: NervReaper

gamr13

Apr 5, 2017
They abandoned us. But no need to stay on OpenKirin ROMs. I'm working on a method to get a working camera on any phhusson GSI. AndyYan's LineageOS GSI is a million times faster and better than that incomplete OmniROM Pie. Will try to get a repeatable method.

Let us know how it goes!

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
Stop spamming around, nothing is abandoned, we work on it.

kazım bayır

May 1, 2016
gallery bug after taking photo by stock huawei camera app

in latest open kirin rom which omni rom pie alpha 6.2 there is two little bug
first after taking photos by stock huawei camera in left side i cant see preview of photo also when i try to open latest taken photo gallery app shows nothing i think problem causes by gallery because i think it needs stock huawei gallery app to work
the other issue is battery drain i think rom consumes a little bit more battery while using the phone but in standby mode battery is good
overall rom is very good and smooth

if i did mistakes sorry for my english

mojo27

Mar 23, 2020
NFC support OmniROM

Hi there,

I have just flashed OmniROM 6.2 Alpha, loving it so far. Post #47 of this thread mentions that OmniROM is compatible with NFC? My P9 was rebranded from L09 and the Network Patch, which enables the NFC functionality, was definitely flashed after rebranding. Can someone help me out and tell me how to enable the NFC on this ROM?

BYTeXperience

Jul 15, 2010
Originally Posted by OldDroid

little update: i got myself a honor 8, and we're actively bringing back the legacy support, expect final releases with latest security patches for omni and rr in the near future.

Regards

Any updates about the progress?
We will ever see a 9.0 Pie Final Release with 2020 security patches for our beloved Huawei P9?
Or the project is abandoned for EMUI 8.0 devices?

imedeiros

Oct 26, 2012
LineageOS 16.0 Build 2 NFC not working

Tested this ROM and everything working well, except for NFC. Anyone using this rom? Any thoughts for troubleshooting this issue? Thank you!

RogerR2

May 4, 2020
Dual SIM not working

I installed lineage-16.0-20200415-emui8-gapps.img in a Chinese EVA-AL00C00 P9, knowing it is not listed as a supported device at https://openkirin.net/devices/. Everything seems to work well (it's a beautiful interface, thanks!) except for the dual SIM.

In slot 2, a SIM will work, but not in slot 1.

In System/About phone, I see the correct IMEI in both slots, but when I press on slot 1, it states IMEI and IMEI SV as unknown. For slot 2, both IMEIs are shown. Note that sometimes a non-valid IMEI is shown for slot 1 (it shows a number which is a mixture of letters and numbers).

Is there a fix? So far as I can tell, the solution in the Rebranding thread cannot be used on a Chinese dual SIM P9.

Update: The IMEI shown for slot 1 is the MEID

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
    a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
    utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
    So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
    as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Huawei P9.
    Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
    You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    OldDroid, Xepeleato, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
    Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    will any of these roms support huawei default camera app??

all of our roms ship with the stock emui camera app

Regards
    i mean github :laugh: and you are not the developer of openkirin so dont answare me
    Yes, I know what you want and I am not their dev
    But I'm telling you where is better chance for you to get in contact with them
    But if you know better, your choice
    Huawei P9
    Resurrection Remix beta 2
    stock camera crashes in Panorama Mode
    when flipping the phone from Vertical to Horizontal

And this is a personal thought... I think Stock Gallery from Emui is the one in charge of creating the slow motion videos and editing the portrait mode after taken. Wouldn't be better to include the stock gallery in custom roms?
    Quick question, if I go back to stock and update to Oreo, will that relock the bootloader?
    I forgot to get my unlock code before Huawei stopped providing them and I didn't back up the one I've generated when I originally unlocked it.
    you can grab your unlock code through DC-Unlocker, never used it, but users say it works - approx. 4 bucks.

Regards