• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Honor 8.
Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Honor 8

Contributors
OldDroid, XePeleato, surdu_petru
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
Last Updated 2018-08-27

SirDarknight

Dec 2, 2013
Guys, last time I checked, you said that Openkirin ROMs are not working with the Chinese dual-sim models (AL10, AL00 etc.) due to the difference in cellular network or something like that. Is that fixed yet?

Reactions: CaiJinHu

TomTheGeek3

Jun 2, 2010
Chicago, IL
i've been throwing this in the telegram chat but so far no nice.

i've been having camera connect issues after the first reboot, tried RROS and LOS (latest betas) and so far no dice

here's my logcat from earlier with RROS, idk why this works only one time. btw, honor 8 FRD-L04, should be in the logcat if that matters.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    89.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: marinnnn

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
FRD-L09 is not in the devices list yet but FRD-L19 which is similar - just more space (64 GB). I will try RROS 6 by OpenKirin today.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using XDA Labs

Device list? On the OK website? Or FF? Either way, Oreo has been available for the L09 since the beginning of July and it's well known if you search the forum here that OK supports the h8. Update via hurupdater to Oreo then follow the instructions on the OK website. I'm on omni with my L04

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Just making sure, camera working? Also there is no brightness bug like on stock? Interested to try RR if camera working

Stock camera works. I believe it has a few hiccups, but since being on Omni I've experienced no issues. Not sure what brightness bug you speak of (never had it on stock personally) but the screen all the way tuned down is brighter than what stock would be.

cypher187

Jan 17, 2016
Honor 5X
Honor 8
Device list? On the OK website? Or FF? Either way, Oreo has been available for the L09 since the beginning of July and it's well known if you search the forum here that OK supports the h8. Update via hurupdater to Oreo then follow the instructions on the OK website. I'm on omni with my L04

Yes, I meant OK site. I didn't say anything about the availability or something else. :rolleyes:

I installed RROS today. Working fine so far. :good:

Sent from my FRD-L09 using XDA Labs

jondy

Feb 21, 2012
Banjarmasin
RR working good on L09. There is two camera apps installed one is LA version and another one is Stock based camera app. Good news is stock camera app working for both lenses. Finally I can move from boring EMUI and brightness bug for some apps like Chrome, Solid Explorer and Gmail. For root access, install Magisk Manager and the root access. Thank you OK <3

Reactions: Vecopotryx

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
Installed Magisk, follow steps using RAMDISK.img (from the stock Oreo I flashed before RRos), got a patched boot.img.
But when I try to flash with adb, it doesn't. It gives an error:

fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'boot' (9282 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.308s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished. total time: 0.325s

Last edited:

csakesz55

May 4, 2010
Installed Magisk, follow steps using RAMDISK.img (from the stock Oreo I flashed before RRos), got a patched boot.img.
But when I try to flash with adb, it doesn't. It gives an error:

fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'boot' (9282 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.308s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished. total time: 0.325s

The correct command would be:

fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img

csakesz55

May 4, 2010
Got it, thank you.
Do you know by any chance, what system apps to hide in Magisk? I know what user apps I want to hide...
I also get "The response is invalid" for Safetynet check.

Everyone gets invalid response currently. Google changed their servers, you can read about it online, just search safetynet issue in google.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/safetynet-fails-matter-response-ins-t3829115

I don't know what apps you would like to hide in magisk, I personally only hidden one (netbank app).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
    a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
    utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
    So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
    as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Honor 8.
    Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
    You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Honor 8

Contributors
    OldDroid, XePeleato, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
    Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    Do you and the other devs consider making an EMUI 8 vendor port of AOSP Android 10 after some security patches?
    I won't make any promise, but thats the goal actually - including automated monthlies.

Regards
    little update: i got myself a honor 8, and we're actively bringing back the legacy support, expect final releases with latest security patches for omni and rr in the near future.

Regards
    No volte no custom rom for me ! Throwing this honor 8 after my exams ! Bye open kirin !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUl9NPPMx8s
    Hello and thank you for this awesome work! :)
    Does LineageOS ROM have OTA updates for newer builds?
    OTA updates are still WIP.
    Monthly security patches/base updates are guaranteed - it's a matter of security for me.

Regards,
    OldDroid