• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Honor 9 Lite.
Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Honor 9 Lite

Contributors
OldDroid, XePeleato, surdu_petru
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
Last Updated 2018-08-27

faridr

Aug 21, 2011
Been on openkirin lineage os for almost a month, and its awesome. The only drawback is the missing face unlock. Is this not included in opekirin lineage os?

Reactions: omkarjori1

V10lator

Jul 28, 2015
Munich
Tried Resurrection Remix OS Beta 2 on a LLD-L21. The phone never seems to enter standby and the FM-radio doesn't work (tried with nextradio app).

//EDIT: The deep sleep issue somehow solved itself after a few days so the only issue left is the radio but seeing you don't ship a radio app I guess this is a known bug?

//EDIT²: OTA Updates won't work. I know there is none but I tried to check anyway. The reply is always that it can't check for updates.

Last edited:

xzyk

Sep 6, 2006
Been on openkirin lineage os for almost a month, and its awesome. The only drawback is the missing face unlock. Is this not included in opekirin lineage os?
Does your phone show 'uncertified' in play store? Does it pass safetynet ? Can you use android pay? Is your camera fully functional? Just some of the issue i had with any gsi image i tried..

faridr

Aug 21, 2011
Does your phone show 'uncertified' in play store? Does it pass safetynet ? Can you use android pay? Is your camera fully functional? Just some of the issue i had with any gsi image i tried..

Phone does not pass safety net test, but since I dont use use android pay or any banking apps, not really big issue for me. As for playstore, no issue. Camera works fine with stock app, but seems to hang after capturing pic via whatsapp half of the time.

V10lator

Jul 28, 2015
Munich
@faridr AFAIK all OpenKirin ROMs should pass SafetyNet just fine but Magisk <17 has issues showing it correctly. So could you please retest with either Magisk 17 or another tool? @xzyk In case there's really a issue in LOS you might want to give resurrection remix a try:
screenshot_magisk_manager_2018.png

//EDIT: Just double checked: Both, my banking app and Pokemon Go work just fine on RR.

Last edited:

xzyk

Sep 6, 2006
@faridr AFAIK all OpenKirin ROMs should pass SafetyNet just fine but Magisk <17 has issues showing it correctly. So could you please retest with either Magisk 17 or another tool? @xzyk In case there's really a issue in LOS you might want to give resurrection remix a try:

//EDIT: Just double checked: Both, my banking app and Pokemon Go work just fine on RR.

Thanks for the reply, i think google just recently changed the safetynet api again cause I'm reading on a lot of different device forums where it's failing. I've gone back to BL locked, unrooted, stock recovery and stock B135 ( downloaded from FF full OTA) and safetynet is failing on that config also, CS profile mismatch.

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
Thanks for the reply, i think google just recently changed the safetynet api again cause I'm reading on a lot of different device forums where it's failing. I've gone back to BL locked, unrooted, stock recovery and stock B135 ( downloaded from FF full OTA) and safetynet is failing on that config also, CS profile mismatch.
Passes for me on RR, screenshot is from today.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180903-090340.png
    Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180903-090340.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 738
May 3, 2018
Kerala

Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
Last Updated 2018-08-27

is any of the abv rom hv Volte fn. ?

sazuke91

Aug 15, 2012
LLD-L21 user here. Curently using LineageOS 15.1 Beta 5 from OpenKirin. This rom working great and smooth. The huawei camera port also included in the rom, but the wide aperture mode still not working. It's not a big problem for me. The rom is stable for daily use. And also hotspot tethering is working too. I hope OpenKirin team will keep to improve this rom. Thanks.

Reactions: wetito

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
The rom works fine but system use s lot of ram
edit 2: selfie camera don work, and when i try to install twrp stuck on logo
edit3: now twrp works. before flash twrp i have launched this commend fastboot -w. my phone model is lld-l31c432

Last edited:

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy M21
openkirinlogo_sm.png

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
Last Updated 2018-08-27

Can I flash a twrp image after I flash the ROM?

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy M21
openkirinlogo_sm.png

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
Last Updated 2018-08-27

I installed the RR beta 3 rom today and I have to say it's one of the most stable Ron's for H9L, although I did notice some bugs.

*Wide Aperture doesn't work and so doesn't bokeh
*Some apps cannot detect the SD card.

And I was able to use SD card as the default storage when I was in EMUI but in every rom including this one, all files are saved to the phone memory even the obb files. Before even whatsapp files were even saved to the SD card.

Other that these few but annoying bugs the rom is amazing and like I said it's very much stable.

And can you also tell me if omni rom would be better than RR or is RR still the best?

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Samsung Galaxy M21
So I managed to fix the camera issue by flashing the p20 port.
But then there's the sd card.........

Just found another, some ussd codes do not work and the contacts on the sum are not read. This was hard as I didn't backup my contacts to Google.

I'm really surprised to see the Rom outperform emui even in gaming.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Contributors

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    Not sure. From my experience I can say that EMUI still has the best ram management ( if not performance though)
    For me it's the exact opposite: EMUI kills background apps like crazy while with RR I'm able to have a brower with 30+ tabs, multiple messangers and other apps in the background. No matter how many open apps, the system uses 2 - 2.5 of 3 GB RAM (so it seems nomal that just one GB is free but the system seems to use that damn good and/or some of the "used" RAM is just reserved for future apps or some sweet caching). Performance on EMUI is crap compared to RR, too, especially when you install Magisk + swap torpedo (the RAM management is so good, swap doesn't do anything other than lagging the system).
    LLD-L21 user here. Curently using LineageOS 15.1 Beta 5 from OpenKirin. This rom working great and smooth. The huawei camera port also included in the rom, but the wide aperture mode still not working. It's not a big problem for me. The rom is stable for daily use. And also hotspot tethering is working too. I hope OpenKirin team will keep to improve this rom. Thanks.
    Thank you for the module! In the ROMs I had used the camera does not record videos. Is there any fix for that as well?

Camera is a problem with roms in our phone. You can try old versions of gcam which can record videos or if youre not that concerned about quality just install any other camera from the playstore. Also if you're on an openkirin rom or any other android 8.1 theres a magisk camera module of p20 pro that almost fully works. Flash it with magisk and try. And if you're on stock rom you can even shoot slow mo videos

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-huawei-p20-camera-kirin659-t3798436