[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

brandox0

May 22, 2015
UI is laggy (especially Recents).
Statusbar is not aligned.

Not to be rude, but other than that, it's not that different than an usual Treble image to be honest.

You're right.
The official version of RR has the status bar well adjusted for the p20 lite noch, but this openkirin does not have it right and it is assumed that openkirin rom are optimized for huawei / honor

Reactions: Yeahmään

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
You're right.
The official version of RR has the status bar well adjusted for the p20 lite noch, but this openkirin does not have it right and it is assumed that openkirin rom are optimized for huawei / honor
How is RR on the p20 Lite? I was thinking of installing it. Does Bluetooth work?

brandox0

May 22, 2015
How is RR on the p20 Lite? I was thinking of installing it. Does Bluetooth work?

I refer to this version, it is the official version. Has the notch well adjusted and is stable.
You can download the Gcam that is in this same p20 lite forum, it works fine.

I have tried the official version and the Openkirin version, I prefer the official one because it is more stable to what my experience says (the one I just put)

Reactions: dcduartee and jm98

ivo786

Nov 13, 2013
I refer to this version, it is the official version. Has the notch well adjusted and is stable.

I have tried the official version and the Openkirin version, I prefer the official one because it is more stable to what my experience says (the one I just put)

Hi,

Is this rom stable for daily use? What about cameras, can you install official P20 Lite camera app? How's battery life?

Thanks!

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015

Yeah that was the version I was talking about. How is it in your experience?

brandox0

May 22, 2015
Yeah that was the version I was talking about. How is it in your experience?

my experience was quite pleasant, but I always come back for the point of the camera. No camera application is as good as stock and the one that comes with RR is an old Gcam version that has no portrait mode, professional mode, etc. has the basics only

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Hi,

Is this rom stable for daily use? What about cameras, can you install official P20 Lite camera app? How's battery life?

Thanks!

I would recommend it for daily use if you are not a big user of the camera. The battery lasts a little more or equal to the stock.
And no, you can not install the official camera ... even. You can install a magisk module to have the p20 camera, but in and of itself all these camera types have problems

Ichitaka84

Dec 28, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S10
i've found a very annoying bug, when i disconnect the headphones the sound keep playing trough it.
it seems that the phone did not notice that I unplugged the earphones until i completely restart it.
does anyone have the same issue?

TurboUrby

Sep 22, 2017
My advice is just to download roms from openkirin site. I am running Lineage OS 15.1 (stock 8.1 plus a little bit of features) on P20 lite. No bugs detected and it has notch support but you dont have full screen setting in some apps it just stays small. But everything except that is Awesome

Diego1976

Mar 14, 2016
Hi all, can you tell me which file gsi is to download (partition a / partition b or ab or only)?

X_E_N

Dec 15, 2015
My advice is just to download roms from openkirin site. I am running Lineage OS 15.1 (stock 8.1 plus a little bit of features) on P20 lite. No bugs detected and it has notch support but you dont have full screen setting in some apps it just stays small. But everything except that is Awesome

Dunno what version you're using but on mine NFC doesn't work and Notch support while there, is pretty poor.
So yeah, without NFC the version you recommend is not going to fly.
Going to try another, see how many versions I burn through before I realise none of them work well and I end up back on stock again.

TurboUrby

Sep 22, 2017
Dunno what version you're using but on mine NFC doesn't work and Notch support while there, is pretty poor.
So yeah, without NFC the version you recommend is not going to fly.
Going to try another, see how many versions I burn through before I realise none of them work well and I end up back on stock again.

I am running Lineage OS beta 3 and sorry if I said some thing that were wrong I am using it for a week now

Diego1976

Mar 14, 2016
hi, I downloaded the latest version of the omni rom, I wanted to know how to delete the search bar on the display and then if you know if I can install twrp and magisik
thank you

Aug 26, 2016
Lineage OS 15.1

Not sure if its a bug but i find it quite annoying that fingerprint gestures have been disabled. (they are shown under settings , system open kirin but disabled) & P20 lite has back scanner like most huawei's.
How do I enable them fpg?

Also did i understand correctly that in order to install superuser addon i have to install custom recovery first? instructions on openkirin cant seem to stress enough to have stock recovery but then to get root i do need it?
If so can anoyone point me to working twrp (so far all ive tried seem to be buggy. either hang at splash or not mounting system)

Omnirom beta 3.1 + magisk v18.0

Switched to Omnirom to check it out. Love all the customization options. (im a big fan of minimalistic so thats a big plus)
Fingerprint gestures work (altough seems laggy by just a bit but not bad enough that i cant get used to it.
After install had to flash twrp and install magisk from recovery. Shows all green.

"Bugs" found so far : "play button bluetooth"
buttons works as pauze, next, volume up etc all function. But after pauze it wont unpauze from bluetooth button... I have to manually press play again on phone. (might be setting somewhere i overlooked cause double press opens google talk)

Also i really liked the LIneageOS option of reading mode (soft black and white) any way to get that in omnirom?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
    a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
    utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
    So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
    as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Huawei P20 Lite.
    Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
    You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Huawei P20 Lite

Contributors
    OldDroid, XePeleato, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
    Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    Root OpenKirin Roms

Hello,
    i looked for a method to root LineageOS without having TWRP Recovery installed.

I found it out now. At the following link you can download the Magisk v18 patched ramdisk.img

Go to https://cloud.alpen.space/s/QHK6x6B9w7JyQSE and download the file "ane-lx1-magiskPatched-ramdisk.img" and flash it via fastboot.
    After that, install Magisk Manager to update/configure magisk.

Code:
    # fastboot flash ramdisk ane-lx1-magiskPatched-ramdisk.img

You also download the original ramdisk if you want to unroot.

I tested this only with LineageOS beta5 rom, but i think, it will work with the other OpenKirin Roms also. Please test it and keep me informed.

Greets
    zwieblauch

Screenshot:

Magiskv18Rooted.jpg

No Volte support :(

It's really sad that none of the roms would support volte. Here in India all the network providers launched volte in the recent years. I got a "jio" sim which only supports calling over volte so I can't use any roms with it. Probably would use these roms when I get some other sim which isn't much volte reliable. Thanks a lot devs for these treble roms :eek::)
    The P20 Lite has an Arm64A-only partition table. Yet I am not able to boot aosp 10 by Phhusson. I am able to boot most roms with the EMUI 8 vendor, but almost nothing except Openkirin's GSIs on EMUI9+ vendors. And now you're trying to convince him that you got an AB variant to boot? If so, how? Explain.

With Emui 9 vendor everything is booting. Since EMUI 9 you have an AB Partition table. EMUI 8 has an a only partition table but EMUI 8 is on the p20L useless for GSIs. Go for EMUI 9.1 and flash AB ROMs via Fastboot and wipe cache + factory reset with the stock recovery. That's it.