[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
The P20 Lite has an Arm64A-only partition table. Yet I am not able to boot aosp 10 by Phhusson. I am able to boot most roms with the EMUI 8 vendor, but almost nothing except Openkirin's GSIs on EMUI9+ vendors. And now you're trying to convince him that you got an AB variant to boot? If so, how? Explain.

With Emui 9 vendor everything is booting. Since EMUI 9 you have an AB Partition table. EMUI 8 has an a only partition table but EMUI 8 is on the p20L useless for GSIs. Go for EMUI 9.1 and flash AB ROMs via Fastboot and wipe cache + factory reset with the stock recovery. That's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: marvinalnashi

plarfman

Dec 24, 2017
With Emui 9 vendor everything is booting. Since EMUI 9 you have an AB Partition table. EMUI 8 has an a only partition table but EMUI 8 is on the p20L useless for GSIs. Go for EMUI 9.1 and flash AB ROMs via Fastboot and wipe cache + factory reset with the stock recovery. That's it.

p20 lite has EMUI9 and its ab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
    a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
    utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
    So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
    as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Huawei P20 Lite.
    Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
    You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Huawei P20 Lite

Contributors
    OldDroid, XePeleato, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
    Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    Root OpenKirin Roms

Hello,
    i looked for a method to root LineageOS without having TWRP Recovery installed.

I found it out now. At the following link you can download the Magisk v18 patched ramdisk.img

Go to https://cloud.alpen.space/s/QHK6x6B9w7JyQSE and download the file "ane-lx1-magiskPatched-ramdisk.img" and flash it via fastboot.
    After that, install Magisk Manager to update/configure magisk.

Code:
    # fastboot flash ramdisk ane-lx1-magiskPatched-ramdisk.img

You also download the original ramdisk if you want to unroot.

I tested this only with LineageOS beta5 rom, but i think, it will work with the other OpenKirin Roms also. Please test it and keep me informed.

Greets
    zwieblauch

Screenshot:

Magiskv18Rooted.jpg

How is RR on the p20 Lite? I was thinking of installing it. Does Bluetooth work?

I refer to this version, it is the official version. Has the notch well adjusted and is stable.
    You can download the Gcam that is in this same p20 lite forum, it works fine.

I have tried the official version and the Openkirin version, I prefer the official one because it is more stable to what my experience says (the one I just put)
    No Volte support :(

It's really sad that none of the roms would support volte. Here in India all the network providers launched volte in the recent years. I got a "jio" sim which only supports calling over volte so I can't use any roms with it. Probably would use these roms when I get some other sim which isn't much volte reliable. Thanks a lot devs for these treble roms :eek::)
    The P20 Lite has an Arm64A-only partition table. Yet I am not able to boot aosp 10 by Phhusson. I am able to boot most roms with the EMUI 8 vendor, but almost nothing except Openkirin's GSIs on EMUI9+ vendors. And now you're trying to convince him that you got an AB variant to boot? If so, how? Explain.