[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

jhorne917

May 15, 2017
[/COLOR]

Hi, thanks for the help, I did tried but didn't work, I found this https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-remove-force-encryption-dm-t3843728 but I work many times with custom rom/recovery, but I never modified the boot.img. Do you think is make sense ?
With root and a root file explorer go to vendor/etc and find the fstab hi6250 file and click to Open. On line 15 change the word forceencrypt to encryptable and save the file. You will need to format data in twrp and after that the ROM won't force encrypt until you update the vendor partition again. Hole this helps!

Reactions: [email protected]

Avillegas

Mar 5, 2018
I tried many GSI ROMs and this is the best for me, the performance and battery performance is the best, very stable and without big issues, congratulations on this ROM. (my device honor 6x)

vicent76

Jul 8, 2013
I have some problems with this ROM.
In general, it works very well, but I mention the bugs that I found:
if I connect headphones, the audio goes through them, but when I disconnect them, the phone does not ring through its loudspeaker (if I connect the headphones again it works fine, it's like it does not leave the headphones) and I have to restart to listen again phone. I do not know if it's normal, but I've also noticed that there is no headset icon in the notification bar.
if I connect by bluetooth, in general it works fine, but if it's a hands-free, it does not deflect the audio through the speakers, it continues to be heard through the internal speaker of the phone (I discard the hands-free because I have tried other phones and they go well)
if the call number appears on the hands-free screen, and ring tone is heard through it. also allows to call.

for others, it works well. Thanks for your work :)

lordmorphous

Mar 26, 2009
Clermont, FL
I have some problems with this ROM.
In general, it works very well, but I mention the bugs that I found:
if I connect headphones, the audio goes through them, but when I disconnect them, the phone does not ring through its loudspeaker (if I connect the headphones again it works fine, it's like it does not leave the headphones) and I have to restart to listen again phone. I do not know if it's normal, but I've also noticed that there is no headset icon in the notification bar.
if I connect by bluetooth, in general it works fine, but if it's a hands-free, it does not deflect the audio through the speakers, it continues to be heard through the internal speaker of the phone (I discard the hands-free because I have tried other phones and they go well)
if the call number appears on the hands-free screen, and ring tone is heard through it. also allows to call.

for others, it works well. Thanks for your work :)

I've experienced the same bluetooth problem with a Ford Sync system. Audio is only routed through the phone. However, it works in my Chevy Volt.

Reactions: Notorius bunty

vicent76

Jul 8, 2013
How camera work on alpha 5.2? In other custom rom's camera crash frequently and many times don't save the photo

it's strange.
the camera application works correctly (at least to me)
but in some applications that use camera (like whatsapp) it occasionally crashes and does not take the picture.
also say that I think that in version 5.0 crasheaba on more occasions

johnnyrichter

Jul 4, 2012
Missouri
I've been running RROS beta 3 for a while now and have three issues with it, not sure how to fix or if I should try one of the other openkirin roms that might fix them...

1. Amazon app doesn't work, keeps crashing. Worked on stock software.
2. SlickDeals app works but doesn't show the text in user comments/posts on an item. Worked on stock software.
3. Just got a Weber iGrill2 today and my phone refuses to pair with it, but every other android device in this house(5) pair with it just fine. My phone pairs with all other bluetooth devices I own(6). This is clearly an issue with my phone or RROS.

Is there another openkirin rom that is considered more 'stable' than RROS that might be worth a shot?

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Aug 10, 2007
pocketpc.no-ip.biz
Update issues

Hello, I am using OmniROM Pie Alpha 3, I went you your site and I found a new rom version, OmniROM Pie Alpha 5.2

I ran fastboot flash system .....img to update the rom, all works, then the phone restart and I got a message....

"The password is correct but your data is encrypted, to continue you must factory reset your phone".

I turned off the phone, black the old version and all come back to normal.

Can you told me the best way to to the update

Thanks

[email protected]

Aug 10, 2007
pocketpc.no-ip.biz
In theory a clean flash is the best way to do so. First flash stock firmware, then flash GSI, reboot to stock recovery, factory reset and finally boot in it. Then you can do all the rest (reboot to fastboot, flash TWRP, GApps, Magisk...).

Thanks for the answer, what is your recommendation for apps/data backup & restore, since is not rooted, I can't use Titanium backup

[email protected]

Aug 10, 2007
pocketpc.no-ip.biz
ADB backup using Terminal. No root needed and very easy to do.

Thanks for all help, I did the backup thru ADB, BTW, I remove the fingerprint and pin security, proceed with the update and all works perfect first shot, No need to factory reset, all data and configuration stay there.

Great JOB

BTW, I am waiting Huawei release the P30, are you planning do roms for this device ??? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
    a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
    utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 8.0 - either updated or shipped.
    So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
    as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Honor 6X.
    Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 2+), OmniRom
    You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 8.0, with stock recovery/ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Honor 6X

Contributors
    OldDroid, XePeleato, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8.0
    Based On: LineageOS, CarbonROM, ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniRom

Version Information

Created 2018-08-13
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    Good news for those who have a H6X, i got one myself.
    I'm waiting for the last components to show up until i can finally repair/refurbish it.
    What does this mean? it will be one of my development devices - to debug hi6250 problems properly.

Regards
    Thanks for all help, I did the backup thru ADB, BTW, I remove the fingerprint and pin security, proceed with the update and all works perfect first shot, No need to factory reset, all data and configuration stay there.

Great JOB

BTW, I am waiting Huawei release the P30, are you planning do roms for this device ??? :)
    Glad that everything went fine, you're welcome.

Well I'd like to but I'm not a developer, so i can't be helpful developing ROMs. The only help I strongly feel to give you is to choose another brand if you'd like to run easily custom ROMs or GSIs on your device, because Huawei stopped supporting the unlock of bootloader last year, and personally I'd never choose them again after this decision.
    today I wanted to try RR but I had no time to install the stock recovery, so I gave a try with twrp. My Twrp doesn't write to internal memory.
    I am on a BLN-L21 ported to 22 with Indian Oreo. I've simply installed RR from fastboot, then at first boot I didn't do the factory restore. The phone asked me the encryption password, so in some way I booted in stock recovery, did the factory reset, and boom! the phone is working like a charm.
    For now the only thing that is not working is the wide aperture camera.
    Use root explorer and navigate to vendor/etc and locate fstab hi6250 and on line 15 change the word force encrypt to encryptable and save. Next time you flash a ROM you will not have to install stock recovery or stock boot.IMG or at least I didnt. Also have a working twrp. Hope that helps
    hi i have a question. i installed los 15 and stock recovery. everything booted fine and i used it for a while and then i ran into problems and factory reset the phone. To make along story short the phone wont boot to os. every time i try it says encryption unsuccessful and tells me to beset phone. i do and it still is the same. cant boot to os to enable developer options to unliock frp. but bootloader is unlocked. I cant flash anything with fastboot. is there any fix? thanks in advance
    If frp is locked, use firmware finder to set your dns to firmware finder's IP address and download the latest official firmware from Huawei using erecovery. This will set your phone back to nougat but you will unlock frp.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone