• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROMS] Treble ROMs GSI working in Nokia 7 plus ( All models )

Search This thread

orbirixx

May 29, 2015
Guadalajara

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
@orbirix: Is there anyway to go back to stock after using this? The official rollback doesn't work on top of stock rom on july update because the rollback firmware is older. And, I can't even dump my current system because I can't get magisk patched (or even stock boot.img) to boot.

I am really willing to test out these but the lack of a working stock firmware file is stopping me. Any ideas, friend?

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

sublimeace

Mar 6, 2015
Lahore
@orbirix: Is there anyway to go back to stock after using this? The official rollback doesn't work on top of stock rom on july update because the rollback firmware is older. And, I can't even dump my current system because I can't get magisk patched (or even stock boot.img) to boot.

I am really willing to test out these but the lack of a working stock firmware file is stopping me. Any ideas, friend?

Hopefully nokia can update the rollback firmware. This is why i prefer custom recovery, we can take a nandroid backup just in case something goes wrong. Nokia needs to let us unlock bootloader. I miss magisk as well lol.

Ethan140310

Nov 24, 2014
Vung Tau
OnePlus 6
Hey guys I'm kinda on the fence with buying this phone, love the built but I really love to have custom rom and messing with options, but the forum seems plain so anyone have any idea if this phone will have custom som support in the future or because it's android one so there won't be any rom?
This is the only thing that holds me from buying this phone tbh because I love all other things.

Bysler

May 22, 2011
Hey guys I'm kinda on the fence with buying this phone, love the built but I really love to have custom rom and messing with options, but the forum seems plain so anyone have any idea if this phone will have custom som support in the future or because it's android one so there won't be any rom?
This is the only thing that holds me from buying this phone tbh because I love all other things.

I would stay away from the N7P if installing custom roms is a must. Even if there is an easy way to unlock the bootloader and root, I doubt the developer community will be interested in this phone.

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Almost all GSI working fine in Nokia 7 Plus now. Except voLTE. All are almsot stable and daily driver. Tested all Android 9 Pie based GSI and everything works except voLTE. You can install Nokia camera but Portrait and 2x Zoom does not work. :eek:

Reactions: KevMetal

Rubens95

May 21, 2015
Almost all GSI working fine in Nokia 7 Plus now. Except voLTE. All are almsot stable and daily driver. Tested all Android 9 Pie based GSI and everything works except voLTE. You can install Nokia camera but Portrait and 2x Zoom does not work. :eek:
You must have the bootloader unlocked to flash it, am I right?

death_jax

Mar 2, 2007
Hi all, I have Nokia 7 Plus TA-1055 (single SIM italian edition), unlocked bootloader, installed and tried many GSI ROMs but, in the compatible ones, phone app has many problems:
- a phone call is impossible to hear (low low volume on both speakers)
- a strange behavior: when I start a call, this one closes soon before first ring, but the phone of the recipient ringing and he can answer the call!! :confused: In order to get it working (for me), I must start many calls, until the recipient puts my first call on hold and answers my second call :eek:

Obviously this is a bad problem, because I want to use Nokia as my first phone :D

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hi all, I have Nokia 7 Plus TA-1055 (single SIM italian edition), unlocked bootloader, installed and tried many GSI ROMs but, in the compatible ones, phone app has many problems:
- a phone call is impossible to hear (low low volume on both speakers)
- a strange behavior: when I start a call, this one closes soon before first ring, but the phone of the recipient ringing and he can answer the call!! :confused: In order to get it working (for me), I must start many calls, until the recipient puts my first call on hold and answers my second call :eek:

Obviously this is a bad problem, because I want to use Nokia as my first phone :D
I experienced the exact same behaviour. Even if the recipient picks up the call, that phone cannot hear anything but when they hang up, I get a notification that usually comes after a call (days remaining in data plan etc.) in my 7 plus TA-1046.

That was back a few weeks ago, the Havoc (maybe) and PixelExperience has been updated along with AEX and it's working for other TA-1046 so far. VoLTE seems to have been fixed for at least one carrier (not mine) by sideloading a specific ims.apk

Maybe try one of those new GSIs ?

Top Liked Posts