[ROMS][UG007/Imito MX1/2][RK3066] Post em here!

Search This thread

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
Finless 1.7 is up now. Comes in two flavors:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3931-NEW-iMito-MX1-2-Finless-ROM-1-7-(beta-is-over)

Edit:
Some other things people may find useful (maybe it can be added to the OP):
1) CWM recovery for the UG007:
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/

It is ridiculously easy to install (just place the update.zip at the root of the internal SD card and you will be prompted automatically).

2) I installed Finless 1.7a last night using the 1080p option and there is a significant difference. It appears to be true 1080p. However, I was not able to get wifi working unless I used the kernel from 1.5. Just a note to others that might run into issues.

3) I created a CWM flashable zip that will install Finless 1.7a 1080p + 1.5 1080 kernel straight through recovery so you don't need to hookup the device to a computer, install drivers, put into flashable mode, etc. I'd be happy to post it for anyone here to use but I am going to reach out to Finless Bob first and make sure he is ok with that.....don't want to step on anyone's toes. If not, I can post a tutorial on how to create the flashable zip. It's pretty easy and can be done straight through the device with ES File Explorer.

Last edited:

lexan76

Sep 1, 2012
Sv: [ROMS][UG007/Imito MX1/2][RK3066] Post em here!

I would really. Like that zip
Lexan

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

Crake

Sep 29, 2007
Maia
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
3) I created a CWM flashable zip that will install Finless 1.7a 1080p + 1.5 1080 kernel straight through recovery so you don't need to hookup the device to a computer, install drivers, put into flashable mode, etc. I'd be happy to post it for anyone here to use but I am going to reach out to Finless Bob first and make sure he is ok with that.....don't want to step on anyone's toes. If not, I can post a tutorial on how to create the flashable zip. It's pretty easy and can be done straight through the device with ES File Explorer.

Can you please tell me where can i get this version?
I have already installed the CWM Recovery, so i'm no able to install any stock ROM...

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
Ok, here is a CWM flashable zip for Finless 1.7a w/ 1.5 Kernel (1080p):
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390355257214632250

It worked just fine for me but have to add the disclaimer that ymmv and I am not responsible ;)

I suggest doing the following:
1) Booting into CWM
2) Going to Mounts and store and wipe /system,/kernel,/boot,/cache
a) Probably would be best to wipe /data to be safe but you can try dirty flashing without this if you want (I did).
b) If you choose to dirty flash, go to Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
3) Flash ROM
4) Go to Advanced -> Fix Permissions (should do it just to be safe).

Wifi did not work for me upon initial boot. I advise rebooting at least once after initial boot.

I would also suggest going to Settings -> Display -> Sleep and select "Never". Even if it is already selected, I would try selecting it again just to be safe. My device would randomly hang after a timeout period until I did this.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Crake

Crake

Sep 29, 2007
Maia
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Ok, here is a CWM flashable zip for Finless 1.7a w/ 1.5 Kernel (1080p):
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390355257214632250

It worked just fine for me but have to add the disclaimer that ymmv and I am not responsible ;)

I suggest doing the following:
1) Booting into CWM
2) Going to Mounts and store and wipe /system,/kernel,/boot,/cache
a) Probably would be best to wipe /data to be safe but you can try dirty flashing without this if you want (I did).
b) If you choose to dirty flash, go to Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
3) Flash ROM
4) Go to Advanced -> Fix Permissions (should do it just to be safe).

Wifi did not work for me upon initial boot. I advise rebooting at least once after initial boot.

I would also suggest going to Settings -> Display -> Sleep and select "Never". Even if it is already selected, I would try selecting it again just to be safe. My device would randomly hang after a time-out period until I did this.

Enjoy.

Thanks for your kind help.

The installation went ok, but the problem still remains:

On 1080p movies (I've tried several) i can't get a continuous play, because they all get stops on the video...

Thunder22

Oct 16, 2009
@crake. I use mxplayer. It solved my problems. Also on XDA there are the xbmc xaf community build that use mxplayer also. Its awesome to stream movies from projectfreetv.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Crake

Sep 29, 2007
Maia
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
@crake. I use mxplayer. It solved my problems. Also on XDA there are the xbmc xaf community build that use mxplayer also. Its awesome to stream movies from projectfreetv.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

You are right my friend, but with MX Player i got a new problem!

Now i got no sound. It says that Audio Codec doesn't support DTS audio...

Any suggestion?

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
You are right my friend, but with MX Player i got a new problem!

Now i got no sound. It says that Audio Codec doesn't support DTS audio...

Any suggestion?

I believe there are DTS codecs for MX Player that can be installed. There are also older versions of the MX Player APK that can be downloaded which should still have DTS built in. I believe they removed DTS for fear of a lawsuit.

ba114

Mar 3, 2012
how did you make the cwm flashable zip?
i dont want 1080p so want to use the 720p version.

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
how did you make the cwm flashable zip?
i dont want 1080p so want to use the 720p version.

There is actually a good tutorial on it here:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....-your-rom-using-cwm-recovery-take-a-look-here

I ended up reverting back to the FengHuang pre-rooted rom because I noticed that the performance was better than Finless 1.7. However, I couldn't stand the 720p resolution so I created another flashable zip for just the 1080p kernel and boot img so that I could run the FengHuang ROM in 1080p.

Wifi was a little finicky at first but I got it working. I can post the zip if anyone is interested in that as well.

GerManiac

Jun 3, 2006
AW: [ROMS][UG007/Imito MX1/2][RK3066] Post em here!

[SOLVED]

Hello guys I need help...

Have the mx1 rooted with finless 1.7a. Ran great until my buddy had the swell idea to change the fonts with ROM Toolbox Pro, something I would have probably tried myself, but after I installed cwm recovery, which I havn't. :(

Now it won't get past bootanimation. All I can do is got into download mode with the reset button. Windows 7 also recognises device as an android device.

I'm pretty much a noob with mx1. Can anyone give me some help or point me to where I can get help.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

chamucoliz

Jun 13, 2010
imito mx1

:confused: i just purchased an imito mx1 and a bit confused on how to flash roms or root. do i need to root the device in order to flash finless rom 1.5 , or i can just go a head and flash it with what is provider on the download of this link, do i need to have a custom recovery and where can i get it
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....2-Finless-ROM-1-5-Root-debloat-init-d-support

Also i found multiple websites on how to root imito mx1, so i would like to know know which website did you use and if there is a ROM that you like beside finless any help very appreciated

Thank You, Thank you,Thank you all

blinkone

Jan 21, 2013
west Mainland
:confused: i just purchased an imito mx1 and a bit confused on how to flash roms or root. do i need to root the device in order to flash finless rom 1.5 , or i can just go a head and flash it with what is provider on the download of this link, do i need to have a custom recovery and where can i get it
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....2-Finless-ROM-1-5-Root-debloat-init-d-support

Also i found multiple websites on how to root imito mx1, so i would like to know know which website did you use and if there is a ROM that you like beside finless any help very appreciated

Thank You, Thank you,Thank you all

Hi there, I'm still a noob to all this my self but im gettin there lol lol ..Theres no need to root your device..just flash it with finless rom its already fully rooted just download the rom file & everything you need is in the folder you have downloaded, simple step by step instructions follow them exactly & you will be fine i have added the link for the most resent rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3931-NEW-iMito-MX1-2-Finless-ROM-1-7

you have 3 rom choices rely
1. the stock rom witch your already on (whitch is not too bad)
2. finless 1.5 rom (witch is a great rom a vast improvment on the stock rom)
3.finless 1.7 rom (all the great things from 1.5 + more besides)

ruthless10001

Nov 2, 2010
hi, i've just ordered my mx2 but since all of you guys has one i have question..does it support dlna allsharecast airplay etc.?

bulgareli

Jan 20, 2012
Brazil
Hi, I just got my iMito MX2 and I'm having serious trouble with Wifi. It connects to my router but there is any connectivity, and a few minutes later all avaliable LANs just dissapear. The Wifi icon turns "empty".

Do I need to change the ROM? The finless 1.5 ROM looks nice, but how I do the update? I downloaded the MX1_CWM.zip, it works on MX2? And how to boot into CWM?

Thanks!!

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
I have a ug007, root with cwm.

I have tried the finless 1.7 and 1.5 mix rom above but get no wifi. bt seems ok. will try 1.7a next.

I was having wifi issues upon initial boot with these roms too. However, after a reboot, wifi would start working.

On a separate note, I think I'm going to return my UG007 (after restoring it back to stock). Doesn't matter whether I'm running stock or a custom rom, the thing isn't stable. It will constant reboot or crash causing me to have to pull the power cable. I think it may just be a lemon but I'm thinking of just going all out with an X5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there! It's me again.

I've noticed a very distinct lack of threads that start with [ROM] in this here section, and I hope to help change that. I recently purchased a UG007 Android-on-a-stick, which I have discovered has a lot of hardware similarities between other devices, thanks particularly to wide prevalence of the RK3600 chipset.

My goal here is twofold. One is to provide a consolidated place for others interested in developing for these devices to find resources. The other is to explore the depth of the similarities between devices, discuss various flashing methods and tools, and overall get in touch with other people who may own these things who have other knowledge and skills that I may not possess.

First off, here are a few downloads for various ROMS I've found across the web. I did not make any of these - I'm just linking to the sources I found.

STOCK UG007 Firmware - STOCK 12/01/2012 ROM, completely unmodified. Good to see the differences between the pre-rooted and OG versions. Original source unknown, my apologies.

FengHuang pre-rooted for UG007 - Pre-rooted, "market fix", "xbmc supported", fixes some wifi negotiation issues. Jellybean 4.1.1. Verified works. Install by placing in root of SD card and inserting into device.

Finless Bob's 1.5 for iMito mx1/2 - VERIFIED WORKING on UG007 as well. Pre-rooted, debloated, higher LCD density, other tweaks. See original thread for full details. Install instructions in OP as well.

And that's all I have for now. I'll do some more digging in a while, see if I can't find more stuff. I found a thread elsewhere that has resources for building kernels for RK3066 - I'll try to post that as well. If you know of more ROMS, please, post them here and I'll add to the OP.
    There is a much easier way to do all this directly from the device without having to hook the stick up to a computer or install any drivers.

1) Download the FengHuang v4 ROM from the link in the first post (I can provide an alternate link if it is still down). You can do this directly from the stick -- no PC needed. Edit - Alternate Link to download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?avoui37gr7taxsd

2) Using a file explorer (either built-in or ES File Explorer from the market), move the zip you just downloaded from the Downloads folder (/sdcard/Downloads) to the root of the internal sdcard (/sdcard) and rename it "update.zip".

3) You will now be automatically prompted to install the ROM.

4) Congrats, you are now rooted.

5) Download CWM from this link: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/ . Do it directly from the device.

6) Using a file explorer, move the downloaded zip from the Downloads folder (/sdcard/Downloads) to the root of the sdcard (/sdcard) and rename it "update.zip"

7) You will now be automatically prompted to install the zip (CWM)

8) Congrats, you are now rooted with CWM recovery installed.

You can boot into recovery using terminal by entering:
    su
    reboot recovery

From there you can make nandroid backups so you can saftely move to different ROMs. There are CWM comptible version of Finless 1.5 and 1.7 around so that you can install these ROMs if you want without having to go through the PC-based tools (etc.). Personally, I found running FengHuang together with the 1080p Kernel from Finless 1.5 to perform a bit better.
    Is there anyone still paying attention to this thread? Anyone willing to take the software and modify it?

Well, I've asked for the 808s quad-core, 5.1 passthrough enabled bigger brother for Christmas this year. If I get that, you may see me breaking down and doing some ROM work for both. I've just been busy with my miui port for the one right now.

Sent from my M7WLS using xda app-developers app
    Finless 1.7 is up now. Comes in two flavors:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?3931-NEW-iMito-MX1-2-Finless-ROM-1-7-(beta-is-over)

Edit:
    Some other things people may find useful (maybe it can be added to the OP):
    1) CWM recovery for the UG007:
    http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/

It is ridiculously easy to install (just place the update.zip at the root of the internal SD card and you will be prompted automatically).

2) I installed Finless 1.7a last night using the 1080p option and there is a significant difference. It appears to be true 1080p. However, I was not able to get wifi working unless I used the kernel from 1.5. Just a note to others that might run into issues.

There are earlier releases of finless/Bob's roms, plus factory roms all for the MX 1/2 so for both devices. Note finless roms all start At v1.4