[ROMs]UNOfficial Beanstalk 5.0050[MAR-10] & UNOfficial SlimSaber 5.0.2 [APR-08]

Search This thread

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
***UNofficial Beanstalk 5.0.2***​

FORE WARNING!!!
Sorry this ain't going to be any fancy thread and the updates will be very incosistant (maybe weekly at best sorry).

***By downloading and installing you warranty is void...but I'm sure you knew that already***
***I am not responsible for any damages incurred by the end user, YOU choose to download use***
***So please do your homework and understand what you are doing before proceeding***

For those of you who do not know Beanstalk is a CM based ROM with some minor tweaks.
So if there are problems with CM more than likely the same problems will exist in Beanstalk.

Download:

GAPPS - here I used this one, PA GAPPS didn't flash well for some reason
***GAPPS Alternative
Here is a minimal GAPPS that deletes a lot of the "fluff" including the Google Camera but if you flash this you get the Morola Camera and Gallery

Built using:
Beanstalk source
CyanogenMod device trees maintained by somcom3x
My own kernel sources (as of Mar-08 build)
GalaticStryder's SaberMod toolchains for the kernel and ROM (as of Mar-08 build)

Screenshots:
nH1fk5X.png
gHPg8LR.png

luNfWat.png

***More screenshot here provided by JimYoung
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-85C6MR-Fe4aVNWTjA2OFZZc28#

Change Log:
  • Jan 15 - A lot of system changes = Reboot options now available, performance options available again (Omni Performance now), volume rocker to wake now, couple others can't remember off the top of my head. Still built using Linaro 4.9 toolchains.
  • Jan 19 - CyanogenMod Theme engine added. Now built using SaberMod toolchains.
  • Feb 01 - Yeah stuff went on I lost track sorry.
  • Mar 08 - 'fiops' 'sio' and 'zen' I/O schedulers added as well as 'intelliactive' and intellidemand' governors added. Changed over to my own kernel sources and using different SaberMod toolchains.
  • Mar 10 - Some of the "system ui crashes" fixed. Working on others. Changed some things around to get build times down (down to 2 hours instead of 4+) for more frequent updates. Dropped 'zen' I/O scheduler.

Issues:
  • Initial boot will take some time but it will boot.
  • Still no boot animation. This is an issue that plagues more than one device. So please bear with it.

SlimSaber 5.0.2
Slightly modified version of Slim.
Built using SaberMod toolchains only
Currently using linux kernel: 3.4.90
CPU governors: Intelliactive and Intellidemand
I/O schedulers: FIOPS and SIO

Download:

Last edited:

EternalFlame

• Nov 11, 2014
    thanks @obsolete1 :good: it works on my XT1039 model too, just flashed it to take a look :)

edit :

one little thing that does not work is:

the auto hide network indicator option
    camera (but i guess this is because of CM12)
    it says in about phone that it´s a xt1045 model :p (but thats not really a problem for me)
    + i can´t find advanced reboot option ^=^

big thanks and happy new year dude !!

Last edited:

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
    one little thing that does not work is:

the auto hide network indicator option
    camera (but i guess this is because of CM12)
    it says in about phone that it´s a xt1045 model :p (but thats not really a problem for me)
    + i can´t find advanced reboot option ^=^

Yeah I figured that the model number might catch someones eye, if I knew how to change it to be the corresponding model I would. But since I have 1045 thats what it is :D

Its odd that you camera doesnt work because mine works :confused:

Reactions: EternalFlame

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
    Settings > Performance > the last option (memory) crashes on me.

I tried to fix it with the lmk_fixer file from CM12 thread, it worked (took the values of this screenshot) and it didn´t crash anymore - but after rebooting it crashed again.

I was going to run a build today I'll be sure to check the permissions after its all done. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reactions: EternalFlame

USCanthony

Jan 21, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Sweetness!!

This is the sweetest tasting lollipop I have had running on my phone so far. Thank you very much for this wonderful (and sweet tasting) ROM. This ROM is now my daily driver.

EternalFlame

• Nov 11, 2014
    Yeah I figured that the model number might catch someones eye, if I knew how to change it to be the corresponding model I would. But since I have 1045 thats what it is :D

Its odd that you camera doesnt work because mine works :confused:

I read that it might have something todo with the particular file called 'build.prop' ?

Hmmm tried the cam app again, video recording works but if i try/switch to photo it freezes.

I was going to run a build today I'll be sure to check the permissions after its all done. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

No problem your build is really great !
    , i did the procedure again and had not rebooted, wow it's so smooth, multitasking is a dream and it's almost on normal under dev settings>process stats the whole time.

Hope you can fix it to be permanent even after rebooting, but no preasure, i can live with it to manually set the values/permissions :)

edit: uploaded logcat

Attachments

• cameralogcat.txt
      1.4 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ***UNofficial Beanstalk 5.0.2***​

FORE WARNING!!!
      Sorry this ain't going to be any fancy thread and the updates will be very incosistant (maybe weekly at best sorry).

***By downloading and installing you warranty is void...but I'm sure you knew that already***
      ***I am not responsible for any damages incurred by the end user, YOU choose to download use***
      ***So please do your homework and understand what you are doing before proceeding***

For those of you who do not know Beanstalk is a CM based ROM with some minor tweaks.
      So if there are problems with CM more than likely the same problems will exist in Beanstalk.

Download:

GAPPS - here I used this one, PA GAPPS didn't flash well for some reason
      ***GAPPS Alternative
      Here is a minimal GAPPS that deletes a lot of the "fluff" including the Google Camera but if you flash this you get the Morola Camera and Gallery

Built using:
      Beanstalk source
      CyanogenMod device trees maintained by somcom3x
      My own kernel sources (as of Mar-08 build)
      GalaticStryder's SaberMod toolchains for the kernel and ROM (as of Mar-08 build)

Screenshots:
      nH1fk5X.png
      gHPg8LR.png

luNfWat.png

***More screenshot here provided by JimYoung
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-85C6MR-Fe4aVNWTjA2OFZZc28#

Change Log:
      • Jan 15 - A lot of system changes = Reboot options now available, performance options available again (Omni Performance now), volume rocker to wake now, couple others can't remember off the top of my head. Still built using Linaro 4.9 toolchains.
      • Jan 19 - CyanogenMod Theme engine added. Now built using SaberMod toolchains.
      • Feb 01 - Yeah stuff went on I lost track sorry.
      • Mar 08 - 'fiops' 'sio' and 'zen' I/O schedulers added as well as 'intelliactive' and intellidemand' governors added. Changed over to my own kernel sources and using different SaberMod toolchains.
      • Mar 10 - Some of the "system ui crashes" fixed. Working on others. Changed some things around to get build times down (down to 2 hours instead of 4+) for more frequent updates. Dropped 'zen' I/O scheduler.

Issues:
      • Initial boot will take some time but it will boot.
      • Still no boot animation. This is an issue that plagues more than one device. So please bear with it.

SlimSaber 5.0.2
      Slightly modified version of Slim.
      Built using SaberMod toolchains only
      Currently using linux kernel: 3.4.90
      CPU governors: Intelliactive and Intellidemand
      I/O schedulers: FIOPS and SIO

Download:
      Note of sadness...

Sadly it looks like this project is dead...there has been no updates to the source in a couple of weeks I'll keep an eye out though and pick it up again if they ever update the sources again. But for now Beanstalk is stalled if not dead.
      Yes I'm still around...its due for an updated build. Last week there where no big changes to I didn't publish. I'll start a build tonight and have it up sometime tomorrow.
      Thanks for your support and interest in this. Just wish I had more time for it. Thanks again.
      Test run all day it ran fine new build is now available.
      Nope sorry. I've got a new build...but its very buggy working on it though
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone