[ROMS] Updated: 17/08/2013 - Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages!

Search This thread

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
Re: [ROMS] Updated: 26/12/2012 - Pre-Rooted / Original Stock Odin Packages!

Hey Liquid I want to roll back to 4.1.1 to access hidden menu to unlock my phone. My question is will the flash counter and red exclamation mark show up if I used the official stock rom found in the front page? Or should I use the prerooted version? I know the difference between the two in terms of having root access but I am not certain if I should use the official stock as I want to avoid triggering the counter.. I am not fussed about root access cos I will update the fone back to stock 4.1.2 amyway. Please advice...

You can use either. Flash counter will not increase with any ROM listed here! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: GingaB

gorillaCF

Dec 2, 2011
Singapore
hi all.

currently my device is as attached image.

ZAfAfoP.jpg

if i were to flash the below through Odin, will it wipe my data? (such as my games/apps)

Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.2) (EE UK)
PDA: XXBMA6
PHONE: XXBLL5
CSC: EVRBLL1
Link: Download (Dev-Host)

just to confirm that i've read correctly, so basically if i want to flash the latest pre-rooted package, firstly ensure Odin and my phone worked in my laptop, then I flash the md5 via Odin, and wa-la ?

lyriquidperfection

Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham

I have another question. If I flashed prerooted rom from here will I have complete control of the phone? Id love to remove bloated useless apps and install JKays Mod..

Yes once you are rooted you will have full elevated privileges.

ferns_mccanus

Dec 16, 2006
Hi I'd like to clarify some of the things I've read in here.

My current setup is:

Rooted with CF autoroot
Stock Rom from Singapore
Baseband, build number, etc... All exactly same as gorillaCF's screenschot above
Device status: Modified

1. From what I've read so far, I don't have to be in UK to flash any of those ROMs?
2. After flashing it might have some of the carrier's apps in the system, however, I could remove this with Titanium Backup?
3. However, since it's another country's ROM with other carrier's branding, would this affect my ability to get a signal or network or something like that?
4. I've read in an earlier part of this thread that flashing this over my current setup would not cause me to lose any data or anything. So unlike usual flashing of ROMs, i shouldn't wipe anything clear anything before flashing this?
5. I read earlier also that I could flash the CSC image from my country, how do I do that? And what's the purpose of that?
6. Finally, would flashing this remove the modified status, and if my flash counter is 1 (I haven't checked after rooting), should i reset it first?

Sorry for the many questions, but I suppose they are pretty straightforward questions. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Psychav

Aug 19, 2007
Does anyone else have SMS notifications appear off centre to the right of the screen?

I flashed XXBMA6 over Optus stock 4.1.1 and didn't factory reset or anything so all my old data was still there.

lyriquidperfection

Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham

Does anyone else have SMS notifications appear off centre to the right of the screen?

I flashed XXBMA6 over Optus stock 4.1.1 and didn't factory reset or anything so all my old data was still there.

That could be the problem then. No issues my end.

Reactions: cosmin_b78

gorillaCF

Dec 2, 2011
Singapore
Hi I'd like to clarify some of the things I've read in here.

My current setup is:

Rooted with CF autoroot
Stock Rom from Singapore
Baseband, build number, etc... All exactly same as gorillaCF's screenschot above
Device status: Modified

1. From what I've read so far, I don't have to be in UK to flash any of those ROMs?
CF: yup, flash via Odin on your comp.

2. After flashing it might have some of the carrier's apps in the system, however, I could remove this with Titanium Backup?
CF: i dont think there are carrier specific apps in ROM packages. it'll be the default samsung package. and yes, with root access, you can remove system/any apps in your phone.

3. However, since it's another country's ROM with other carrier's branding, would this affect my ability to get a signal or network or something like that?
CF: signals are based on IMEI (not very sure on how to explain it better, yea something like that). it should not have any impact to you connecting to Singtel network. you can even try out different modems to see which have the best reception for you.

4. I've read in an earlier part of this thread that flashing this over my current setup would not cause me to lose any data or anything. So unlike CF: usual flashing of ROMs, i shouldn't wipe anything clear anything before flashing this?
from what i've asked as well, i think this is right. this probably is similar to how you update your phone through OTA pushed by samsung.

5. I read earlier also that I could flash the CSC image from my country, how do I do that? And what's the purpose of that?
CF: no idea :X

6. Finally, would flashing this remove the modified status, and if my flash counter is 1 (I haven't checked after rooting), should i reset it first?
CF: i think the counter will not change upon flashing this, meaning it'll still be at 1 due to the previous flash. not very sure though, havent do anything to my gf's device 9305.

Sorry for the many questions, but I suppose they are pretty straightforward questions. :)

Thanks!

i'll try to help to answer based on what I know from my experience on my S2. my questions posed previously are for my gf's device, lol.

Reactions: ferns_mccanus

celahudini

Jul 2, 2011
Sarajevo
Hey guys any idea if there will be a prerooted rom of the 4.2 jellybean anytime soon?
Or how can I unroot? I need to be unrooted because the app of my tv requires me to be unrooted

Last edited:

ShonkUK

Feb 26, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for the image
if you do the next build any chance of keeping it stock apart from root
its nice for kies to not have a baby when you connect with your latest rom

e.g. for the current EE rom

XXBLL5
BVBLL2
EVRBLL2

Here's the latest on offer from kies
stocks3lte.png

Last edited:

cosmin_b78

Jun 16, 2010
London
te7e3umu.jpg
Hi there. I'm looking to root my phone and I'm asking for advice. I'm on T-Mobile UK network and I'm new to Samsung phones. I will attach the details of the phone, and the question is wich of the rom should I flash? Another thing is, if I flash a rom, do I lose all the data on my phone, or will be the same as updating through kies?
Thanks in advance for all the advice I will get

Last edited:

cosmin_b78

Jun 16, 2010
London
Hi, I just flashed one of the firmware on the first page.
Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR*(4.1.2)*(EE UK)PDA: XXBMA6PHONE: XXBLL5CSC: EVRBLL1
The phone is running well, thanks for your work. For my curiosity I connected to kies and to the firmware information it says that
Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies.
Wich steps should I follow if I need to unroot and flash the official firmware and update via kies? Thanks again

celahudini

Jul 2, 2011
Sarajevo
Hey guys I'm currently on
GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.2) (EE UK)
And when I'm turning on/off mobile data it always asks me Are you sure you want to enable/disable mobile data.
I know it's not a big issue but I was just wondering is there a workaround

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am currently implementing an alternate method of Rooting which I have found to be successful by means of Pre-Rooting the system.img file. I have previously released Pre-Rooted ROMs for the Galaxy S II and wanted to continue this development for the Galaxy S III.

Why use this Root Method? Well the main reasons are:

- You have a complete Odin Flashable ROM Package.

- No Insecure Kernels are used or required.

- You can flash these packages on Non-Rooted devices

- The Binary Flash Counter will NOT increase when flashing these ROM Packages.

- The Red Exclamation Mark will NOT appear at boot up.

- And finally, you only have to flash one file in Odin and you have a complete firmware including Root Permissions.

What Root Package is used in these ROMs?

- Busybox 1.20.2 (Newer ROMs)

- SuperSU 1.51 (Newer ROMs)

Previously released ROMs may have an older Busybox and SuperSU package installed.

Please Note: This Root Method does not include a Custom Recovery. This is for people who only require Root Permissions. If you do require a Custom Recovery, you will need to flash this yourself separately.

Just UnZip and Flash the '.tar.md5' File in Odin.

Password (All Packages): [email protected]

Note: If you are coming from a Custom ROM, remember to Wipe Data and Cache Partitions before flashing to avoid Boot Loops.

Modified Stock Packages:

(Modifications: Newest PDA Image and Modem and Pre-Rooted.)

PDA: XXBMD5
    PHONE: XXBMD5
    CSC: EVRBLL2

PDA: XXBLL5

PDA: XXBLL3
    PHONE: XXBLL3
    CSC: EVRALI5

Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.1) (EE UK)
    PDA: XXALK3
    PHONE: XXALK2

Original Stock Packages:

(Modifications: Pre-Rooted Only.)

PDA: XXBMF1
    PHONE: BVBMF1
    CSC: EVRBMF1

Product Code: GT-I9305TADEVR (4.1.1) (EE UK)
    PDA: XXALI5
    PHONE: BVALI5
    Released: 17/09/2012
    Pre-Rooted Stock ROM: Download (Dev-Host)
    Original Stock ROM: Download (Dev-Host)

If you find my Pre-Rooted Firmwares useful then please consider a small donation. :)

More To Come!
    This thread has now been updated! :)
    Pre-Rooted XXBLL5 for EE UK has now been uploaded. Sorry for the delay and enjoy! :)

Latest Stock, pre-rooted, unbranded, HD Voice enabled:
    PRE_ROOTED_I9305XXBMD1 (CSC_EVR)
    enjoy! :)

OP: could you add it to main list? thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone