ROMS YOU DIDN'T KNOW WAS FOR THE ONEPLUS 8! (roms not on xda)

Search This thread

raftomas88

Used to be my daily but i got bad sot from time to time with that rom so i moved to Pixel EP unofficial, recommend it with Derpfest A12 Shinji, development is back. It will continue
Hey man, I just wanted to ask how your experience is on pixel experience unofficial?

What kind of mods/kernel do you use it with?

And how is your battery life? And how does the camera perform there, taking photos, recording videos etc..? Also how does the speakers sound on it?

Hey man, I just wanted to ask how your experience is on pixel experience unofficial?

What kind of mods/kernel do you use it with?

And how is your battery life? And how does the camera perform there, taking photos, recording videos etc..? Also how does the speakers sound on it?
Stock kernel is 6-8ish SOT and with Corvus/DerpFest Kernel is 7-9, maybe even 10 hours. Camera is AOSP, same as LineageOS, barebones. I like it but its really just based on your preference. GCam 8.2 Greatness/LMC8.4 - is my current GCam. Speakers are the same as any type of custom or stock ROM

sizzlemane727

Aug 2, 2018
Hey so I've downloaded every single one of these roms and I've tried almost every single rom multiple times. I absolutely hate stock oxygen os 12 and the last update or two won't even install. So i am sworn to custom roms until well maybe always on this device i don't anticipate OP making a drastic turnaround for A13. Anyway sorry to ramble and not on the subject i intended to write about. So how how all you guys installing each of these roms I've had some troubles because most of them don't seem to have an recovery file with the rom so i've tried various ones and also twrp but its been kinda frustrating and without msm tool my OP8 would of been bricked for good right after i got it lol. So i would appreciate some quick pointers on how you guys have been flashing these roms thx. It kinda sucks that theres little to no custom kernel action for A12 up to this point, maybe not a big deal but i have a flashing and modding and customizing addiction whether any of its needed or actuaLLY boosts anything at all.

Hey so I've downloaded every single one of these roms and I've tried almost every single rom multiple times. I absolutely hate stock oxygen os 12 and the last update or two won't even install. So i am sworn to custom roms until well maybe always on this device i don't anticipate OP making a drastic turnaround for A13. Anyway sorry to ramble and not on the subject i intended to write about. So how how all you guys installing each of these roms I've had some troubles because most of them don't seem to have an recovery file with the rom so i've tried various ones and also twrp but its been kinda frustrating and without msm tool my OP8 would of been bricked for good right after i got it lol. So i would appreciate some quick pointers on how you guys have been flashing these roms thx. It kinda sucks that theres little to no custom kernel action for A12 up to this point, maybe not a big deal but i have a flashing and modding and customizing addiction whether any of its needed or actuaLLY boosts anything at all.
Fastest way I have been doing it is by using a fastboot installer made by the maintainer of PE OnePlus 8 Pro and i am gonna attach it, its gonna say flash for pe but it works on any rom, just put a different payload.bin and it has readme notes if you are currently not understanding what I mean. It is a step by step process so you'll be fine. Also i dont recommend TWRP for this device because it just doesn't work most of the time, in my experience, and the Fastboot rom installer is just the most convenient thing i have tried. Its better if you use 7Zip for Fastboot installer so that you can just copy the file thats inside the rom.zip without extracting it using right click> 7zip>open archive.

Now for modding if you wanna consider this method that what i am about to type, Download CorvusOS or Derpfest ROM and extract it using payload dumper go inside fastboot installer. Take dtbo.img and boot.img and flash it on your phone through fastboot and CMD/Terminal with the codes:

fastboot flash boot "boot.img"
fastboot flash dtbo "dtbo.img"

After flashing let you phone have 1 or 2 cycles of battery and you should get above 7 hours. Max i got was 10 hours on my 2 year old, 87% battery life OnePlus 8!

This is a bit lengthy to read but I hope this helps! Salamat ❤️

Attachments

• PixelExperience Fastboot ROMinstaller 2.1.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: judaxxx and rodken

Top Liked Posts