General Root 10T 5G

Search This thread

Marco589

Dec 3, 2013
Como
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've just received today the 10T 5G CPH2415.

I unlocked the bootloader in the same way as the Oneplus 10Pro

in settigs OEM unlock and ADB Debug.

by Powershell:
  1. adb devices
  2. Adb reboot bootloader
  3. fastboot devices
  4. fastboot flashing unlock
in case of issue on installing the driver, in fastboot mode, on win11, you need to reboot Windows in the mode "Disable driver signature enforcement"

when the phone is started, reboot again in fastboot then I booted it with the boot.img of the indian version which I found (I patched it with Magisk 25.2).
  1. fastboot devices
  2. fastboot boot patched_boot.img
when it stared, I patched it with Magisk directly.

by using "oneplus local update for android 12" the root can be kept.
Install the firmware with oplocal, dont reboot, open magisk flash it on the second slot; only now you can reboot.

DON'T REBOOT after the FW installation.

The firmware can be downloaded through the app Oxygen Updater. (Full update)
---------------------------
Attachment:
Boot Patched 10T from Indian version img
OPLocal Update for Android 12 apk
Stock boot A06 CPH2415 img
Patched Boot A06 CPH2415 (Magisk 25.2) img

Attachments

• Patched 10T.img
    50 MB · Views: 406
  • OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 294
  • bootA06.img
    52 MB · Views: 186
  • magisk_patched-BootA06.img
    52 MB · Views: 271
Last edited:

slavekve

Dec 17, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro

by Powershell:
  1. adb devices
  2. Adb reboot bootloader
  3. fastboot devices
in case of issue on installing the driver, in fastboot mode, on win11, you need to reboot Windows in the mode "Disable driver signature enforcement"

when the phone is started, reboot again in fastboot then I booted it with the boot.img of the indian version which I found (I patched it with Magisk 25.2).
  1. fastboot devices
You followed this guide

https://www.droidwin.com/root-oneplus-10t-via-magisk-patched-boot-img/

or did you only flash the patched boot.img?

EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

It is true that when rooting the OnePlus 7 pro I only flashed the repaired boot.img. I was surprised that Sadique Hassan recommends otherwise for this model.
Again, DON'T flash the patched image! You must use the direct install method in Magisk after booting the patched image.

EtherealRemnant

I understand that, but in the instructions, the repaired vendor_boot.img is also flashed
Are you not listening to me? I just told you how to do it. Boot the patched image and run the direct install. Magisk installer will do what needs to be done for you. This is also the same thing the OP has done. Ignore those other instructions you found, they are incorrect and pose problems when you take OTA updates as OnePlus is moving away from full OTAs to incremental ones that will not flash to a phone with modified images.

For the record, patched dtbo and vendor_boot are needed as well but Magisk does this for you.

gonetask

Jul 27, 2022

by Powershell:
  1. adb devices
  2. Adb reboot bootloader
  3. fastboot devices

1. fastboot devices
I have 10T Global, Indian and Chinese ROM Full Package ZIP file, I want to try Global & Chinese ROM on Indian 8/128GB Version
already unlocked bootloader, if I Flash Global or Chinese ROM will my device brick ?
As previously I was using MSM Download Tool which was free now it need authentication, so shifted to Fastboot Enhance

Will the process of flashing via payload.bin brick my device ?

ryu091

Oct 14, 2012
Today it is possible to download EU full package CPH2315_11_A.06 using Oxygen updater
I already root mine OP10T Model CPH2415 which is international ROM but i tried to flash that CPH2315 in Oxygen Updater it was a success but the model of my phone was change also from CPH2415 to CPH2315.

I have OP8T Cyberpunk Edition Which Is Chinese ROM and i Flash Global ROM the thing is it change only the Build number which is right and the model Number still The same KB2000 but this OP10T is different including the model was change when i flash. Anyway it was a success but it shouldn't be like that.

gonetask

Jul 27, 2022
I already root mine OP10T Model CPH2415 which is international ROM but i tried to flash that CPH2315 in Oxygen Updater it was a success but the model of my phone was change also from CPH2415 to CPH2315.

I have OP8T Cyberpunk Edition Which Is Chinese ROM and i Flash Global ROM the thing is it change only the Build number which is right and the model Number still The same KB2000 but this OP10T is different including the model was change when i flash. Anyway it was a success but it shouldn't be like that.
So that mean all 10T devices are China made and later flashed with region specific firmware's.

binary**#

Mar 20, 2014
new delhi
www.droidwin.com
It is true that when rooting the OnePlus 7 pro I only flashed the repaired boot.img. I was surprised that Sadique Hassan recommends otherwise for this model.
Hi @slavekve , Sadique this side, sorry for the confusion. Till the OnePlus 9, you only needed to flash the patched boot.img for root.

But with the OnePlus 10 series [10 Pro], flashing patched vendor_boot and vbmeta for disabling verity seems to have become an additional requirement in numerous instances.

But thanks to @Marco589 for letting us know that he has already achieved root without the vbmeta and vendor. Henceforth I have updated my post accordingly as well.

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9R
Guys, I have a CPH 2413 device and have tried several times to unlock bootloader... But fastboot commands do not work on my device. Have tried "OEM unlock" as well "flashing unlock" through fastboot. Updated the fastboot and adb drivers, tried to do it through platform tools as well... Got my device replaced as well after the first one didn't get unlocked...
Help needed please

Marco589

Dec 3, 2013
Como
OnePlus 9 Pro
Guys, I have a CPH 2413 device and have tried several times to unlock bootloader... But fastboot commands do not work on my device. Have tried "OEM unlock" as well "flashing unlock" through fastboot. Updated the fastboot and adb drivers, tried to do it through platform tools as well... Got my device replaced as well after the first one didn't get unlocked...
Help needed please
I came across to the same issue, I solved by adding ".\":
.\fastboot devices
.\fastboot flashing unlock

PS
did the OS install the driver of the phone in fastboot mode?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

by Powershell:
    1. adb devices
    2. Adb reboot bootloader
    3. fastboot devices

1. fastboot devices

by using "oneplus local update for android 12" the root can be kept.
    Install the firmware with oplocal, dont reboot, open magisk flash it on the second slot; only now you can reboot.

DON'T REBOOT after the FW installation.

The firmware can be downloaded through the app Oxygen Updater. (Full update)
    ---------------------------
    Attachment:
    Boot Patched 10T from Indian version img
    OPLocal Update for Android 12 apk
    Stock boot A06 CPH2415 img
    Patched Boot A06 CPH2415 (Magisk 25.2) img
    I understand that, but in the instructions, the repaired vendor_boot.img is also flashed
    Are you not listening to me? I just told you how to do it. Boot the patched image and run the direct install. Magisk installer will do what needs to be done for you. This is also the same thing the OP has done. Ignore those other instructions you found, they are incorrect and pose problems when you take OTA updates as OnePlus is moving away from full OTAs to incremental ones that will not flash to a phone with modified images.

For the record, patched dtbo and vendor_boot are needed as well but Magisk does this for you.
    You followed this guide

https://www.droidwin.com/root-oneplus-10t-via-magisk-patched-boot-img/

or did you only flash the patched boot.img?
    Don't follow that guide. You just need to boot (not flash) a patched boot image and then run direct install. This also creates backups of your stock images which you'll need when you OTA.
    Again, DON'T flash the patched image! You must use the direct install method in Magisk after booting the patched image.
    It says it failed with a timing. OEM unlock is enabled in settings. To avoid clutter or adding confusion here, if it is ok please private message. Thanks a lot for your support
    While in adb in cmd type "adb devices" it will show your device serial number and then run the .bat file as run as administrator your device will be unlocked,
    Attached both lock & unlock bootloader script, unzip the zip file and run the 1st file unlock bootloader.bat file as run as administrator
    do let me know if it worked on 10T however the file is for 10 Pro but will work on 10T as well.