General Root 10T 5G

Search This thread

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
I have the Oneplus 10t 5G CPH2417, Possible to root this device??
I have the same model. I was able to root using the patched kernel images posted here. I even posted patched A08 version kernel a few messages above. I got this from EU update OTA zip but I have successfully used it to root two CPH2417 phones.

Zooders

Oct 1, 2022
I have the same model. I was able to root using the patched kernel images posted here. I even posted patched A08 version kernel a few messages above. I got this from EU update OTA zip but I have successfully used it to root two CPH2417 phones.
Is there a video showing how to do this, I am new to the whole Android and Rooting community and have no idea where to begin

seanwlk

Jul 27, 2014
/root
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
Would it be possible for you to make a second branch for CPH2417 (US version)?
that variant is not available on OxygenUpdater sorry. Won't tell you what to do but if i were you, i would've used the EU version boot img since they are supposed to be the same phone anyway. I cannot test this though.

You could potentially `fastboot boot magisk_patched-boot.img` instead of flash it just to see if it works, i do not recall atm if the boot command works with boot image or only for recoveries

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
that variant is not available on OxygenUpdater sorry. Won't tell you what to do but if i were you, i would've used the EU version boot img since they are supposed to be the same phone anyway. I cannot test this though.

You could potentially `fastboot boot magisk_patched-boot.img` instead of flash it just to see if it works, i do not recall atm if the boot command works with boot image or only for recoveries
Boot works with boot images which both the boot and recovery are now (A/B devices don't have a recovery partition anymore).

Jager

Feb 21, 2010

Yeah the kernels seem the same. I rooted my phone the first day I got it about a month ago booting the patched Indian 10T kernel from the first post here. Guess the extra branch is not really needed after all. Thank you though!

• Love
Reactions: vcfvct

vcfvct

May 7, 2011
Yeah the kernels seem the same. I rooted my phone the first day I got it about a month ago booting the patched Indian 10T kernel from the first post here. Guess the extra branch is not really needed after all. Thank you though!

@Jager You are the life saver. I also have the US model and have not rooted my phone for the past 5 years.
The patched img you uploaded works perfectly.

Thanks a lot!

quick question: in future, would we be able to update from OTA and keep the magisk and its modules ?

Reactions: Jager

0xJX

Sep 12, 2022
PEB
github.com
Is there a solution for the Netflix login issues with unlocked/rooted 10T yet? Tried bunch of ways like Zygisk hiding, safetynet fix, liboemcrypto disable, different netflix app versions but none of these worked.

Creeper36

Hello.. I am on the CPH2417 US variant.. trying to update.. currently on A.08.. uninstalled Magisk.. I tried the Restore Image.. it found no previous image or backup.. I booted from A.08 stock img just fine.. but Update Fails.. so I have No Magisk, No Restore Image, and No Update LOL!
I do have a phone that boots. I will reinstall root and it runs fine.. except for updating.
I'm staying on A.08 till the Update procedure is more stable for me.
With no MSM Tool and a more 'locked-down' phone I cant take chances like I used to on other phones.. OnePlus 5,5T,8T,and now 10T.

Last edited:

Creeper36

UPDATE: I have successfully updated to CPH2417_11_A.10 .. I had to download the latest A.08 EXPORT (it had no password).. I verified it was the CPH2417 US version and I was already on A.08 so its a perfect match.. I extracted the boot.img and wrote the RUN.bat file I used.. I dont know which lines to edit out.. I dont know which line made it work.. maybe all the lines worked.. anyways, download here > CREEPFLASH.ZIP ... I ran CreepFlash in a Windows CMD window .. this worked for me.. it may work for you.. I would Not try this on any other system except CPH2417_11_A.08.. I cannot guarantee anything here.

So my process:

=Magisk > Uninstall > Complete Uninstall (Phone may Reboot)
=Attempt Update which FAILS
=Reboot to Fastboot
=Run CREEPFLASH (it will WIPE your phone so be ready for that)
=After Wipe and Reboot then First Boot phone, go through initial setup
=Attempt Update which COMPLETES SUCCESSFULLY

CONTENTS OF RUN.BAT:
fastboot --set-active=a
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot --set-active=b
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot format userdata
fastboot flashing lock
--> SELECT LOCK AGREEMENT ON PHONE <--

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-29-18-59-08-00_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-29-18-59-08-00_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2022-10-29-19-15-28-82_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-29-19-15-28-82_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

lmservas

Nov 6, 2016
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
I also have model CPH2417 that is currently still on version A.04. Am I correct in assuming I cannot use the boot.img from A.08 that you posted but rather I should update to A 08 first then root? Thx!

JPower123

Aug 2, 2022
I also have model CPH2417 that is currently still on version A.04. Am I correct in assuming I cannot use the boot.img from A.08 that you posted but rather I should update to A 08 first then root? Thx!
I am not sure if it would work before updating, but you might as well update first so that it is not a pain later.

Top Liked Posts