General Root 10T 5G

Search This thread

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
I have downloaded EU A08 update and extracted the kernel. I have also patched it with Magisk app. I will attach both in case it will help someone.

EDIT:

I have successfully updated from A07 to A08 while keeping root. Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Unroot with Magisk app (restore images)
2. Reboot
3. Install update (phone should reboot)
4. Make sure update is installed in Settings > About > Version
5. adb reboot bootloader
6. Boot patched image attached here (unzip first)
7. Use Magisk to Direct Install
8. Reboot
9. ????
10. Profit

Also @MNoisy both the A07 and A08 kernels have the same build numbers, the A08 stock image I posted here might work for you in some manner. I was able to boot A08 kernel on A07 system.
Just want to report that I was able to use these steps to successfully update one of my US variant 10T (CPH2417) to A10 since full OTA zip is still not available for this model. I used EU kernel and used Magisk on the phone to patch it.

serjann

May 5, 2015
if anyone needs, already patched boot from OxygenOS A.10 IN (CPH2413)
patched and verified by me

Attachments

• cph2413_A.10IN_patched.img
    52 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: maamdroid

kennypowers59

Nov 17, 2021
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hello, can we root oos 13 ?
Screenshot_2022-11-01-07-36-24-42_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

vcfvct

May 7, 2011
Germantown MD
Just want to report that I was able to use these steps to successfully update one of my US variant 10T (CPH2417) to A10 since full OTA zip is still not available for this model. I used EU kernel and used Magisk on the phone to patch it.
@Jager , now that the OOS 13 is officially pushing out, did you get a chance to check the upgrade and root process for the new major version? Thanks!

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
@Jager , now that the OOS 13 is officially pushing out, did you get a chance to check the upgrade and root process for the new major version? Thanks!
I used the following steps to go from A12 to A13. This is slightly different than I previously posted but is faster and with less steps.

1. Download update zip with Oxygen Updater
2. Unroot with Magisk app (restore images)
3. Install update using OPLocalUpdate apk (the one that does not auto reboot and lets you install zip from storage)
4. Use Magisk to install to inactive slot (After OTA)
5. Reboot

Reactions: vcfvct

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
I used the following steps to go from A12 to A13. This is slightly different than I previously posted but is faster and with less steps.

3. Install update using OPLocalUpdate apk (the one that does not auto reboot and lets you install zip from storage)
5. Reboot
I just used these same instructions to update a second 10T (CPH2417) to A13 without issue.

vcfvct

May 7, 2011
Germantown MD

5. Reboot
Thanks for the details. When doing step 2, I am getting "stock image does not exist.". Do you think skipping step 2 is fine?

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
Thanks for the details. When doing step 2, I am getting "stock image does not exist.". Do you think skipping step 2 is fine?
I think update will probably fail without restoring the boot image. I know it fails when trying to install incremental without restoring the boot image.

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
I actually downloaded the full 4.8GB update zip, which I guess should not be `incremental`?
I sent you a DM about steps to fix the stock image missing issue so we don't spam this thread. The A13 update you have is the full update zip, thats for sure, but I cannot comment on if it works without restoring the boot image.

Reactions: vcfvct

notorious.dds

Nov 11, 2015
I think this is typical if you originally flashed the patched image via fastboot... if that's how you flashed it anyway. If you flash it via magisk, it should save the stock images so that this doesn't happen.

notorious.dds

Nov 11, 2015
I sent you a DM about steps to fix the stock image missing issue so we don't spam this thread. The A13 update you have is the full update zip, thats for sure, but I cannot comment on if it works without restoring the boot image.
For what it's worth, I download the full update. But, when I tried to extract boot.img from payload.bin, I kept getting errors suggesting that I was attempting this on an "incremental" payload.bin.

I got the file out, but only after treating the 4.7GB update as it it were an "incremental" one.

It was weird.

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
For what it's worth, I download the full update. But, when I tried to extract boot.img from payload.bin, I kept getting errors suggesting that I was attempting this on an "incremental" payload.bin.

I got the file out, but only after treating the 4.7GB update as it it were an "incremental" one.

It was weird.
I have no issues extracting any partitions. Here is the logs from extracting just the boot image. You might have a corrupt download.

Attachments

• 1671156186581.png
    1671156186581.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 25

vcfvct

May 7, 2011
Germantown MD
I think this is typical if you originally flashed the patched image via fastboot... if that's how you flashed it anyway. If you flash it via magisk, it should save the stock images so that this doesn't happen.
Yes, you are exactly right, I initially rooted my 10T using `fastboot` with the patch A12 boot image @Jager kindly provided in this thread.

And an update: I successfully upgraded to A13 using the steps @Jager provided above(with some extra help he provided on the original boot image). Overall the A13 looks good, but some modules like `pixelify` would cause boot loop. Be cautious if you using them.

Reactions: Jager

notorious.dds

Nov 11, 2015
I successfully upgraded to A13 using the steps @Jager provided above(with some extra help he provided on the original boot image). Overall the A13 looks good, but some modules like `pixelify` would cause boot loop. Be cautious if you using them.
I'm actually still on A12. I originally accepted the A13 update via OTA and tried patching it with Magisk before the reboot. However, all I got with that was a solid boot loop. I set the active slot back to the one I had been using for A12 and this allowed it to boot up just fine (only because the boot loop happend right at the bootloader phase).

I plan to fiddle with installing A13 again some time soon, but I want to give myself ample time just in case things go sideways again... as things do when playing around in this arena.

I really hate making backups, but boy they're nice to have when you screw up an otherwise perfectly working device. ;)

adamjmacdonald

May 11, 2016
I upgraded from A12 to A13, keeping root, by:

1. Downloading full A13 image with Oxygen Updater
    • Note: full image available means don't need to restore stock boot prior to next step
  2. Using the standalone system upgrade apk from oneplus (https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OPLocalUpdate_For_Android13.apk), install the upgrade
    • Note: this allows you to install it without forcing a reboot
  3. Prior to rebooting, install to inactive slot using Magisk Manager
  4. Reboot

Reactions: Jager

Th3be4st

Sep 17, 2016
I upgraded from A12 to A13, keeping root, by:

1. Downloading full A13 image with Oxygen Updater
    • Note: full image available means don't need to restore stock boot prior to next step
  2. Using the standalone system upgrade apk from oneplus (https://oxygenos.oneplus.net/OPLocalUpdate_For_Android13.apk), install the upgrade
    • Note: this allows you to install it without forcing a reboot
  3. Prior to rebooting, install to inactive slot using Magisk Manager
  4. Reboot
Does Netflix/Disney+ still give an error when rooted on android 13?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've just received today the 10T 5G CPH2415.

I unlocked the bootloader in the same way as the Oneplus 10Pro

in settigs OEM unlock and ADB Debug.

by Powershell:
    1. adb devices
    2. Adb reboot bootloader
    3. fastboot devices
    4. fastboot flashing unlock
    in case of issue on installing the driver, in fastboot mode, on win11, you need to reboot Windows in the mode "Disable driver signature enforcement"

when the phone is started, reboot again in fastboot then I booted it with the boot.img of the indian version which I found (I patched it with Magisk 25.2).
    1. fastboot devices
    2. fastboot boot patched_boot.img
    when it stared, I patched it with Magisk directly.

by using "oneplus local update for android 12" the root can be kept.
    Install the firmware with oplocal, dont reboot, open magisk flash it on the second slot; only now you can reboot.

DON'T REBOOT after the FW installation.

The firmware can be downloaded through the app Oxygen Updater. (Full update)
    ---------------------------
    Attachment:
    Boot Patched 10T from Indian version img
    OPLocal Update for Android 12 apk
    Stock boot A06 CPH2415 img
    Patched Boot A06 CPH2415 (Magisk 25.2) img
    I understand that, but in the instructions, the repaired vendor_boot.img is also flashed
    Are you not listening to me? I just told you how to do it. Boot the patched image and run the direct install. Magisk installer will do what needs to be done for you. This is also the same thing the OP has done. Ignore those other instructions you found, they are incorrect and pose problems when you take OTA updates as OnePlus is moving away from full OTAs to incremental ones that will not flash to a phone with modified images.

For the record, patched dtbo and vendor_boot are needed as well but Magisk does this for you.
    You followed this guide

https://www.droidwin.com/root-oneplus-10t-via-magisk-patched-boot-img/

or did you only flash the patched boot.img?
    Don't follow that guide. You just need to boot (not flash) a patched boot image and then run direct install. This also creates backups of your stock images which you'll need when you OTA.
    It is true that when rooting the OnePlus 7 pro I only flashed the repaired boot.img. I was surprised that Sadique Hassan recommends otherwise for this model.
    Again, DON'T flash the patched image! You must use the direct install method in Magisk after booting the patched image.
    It says it failed with a timing. OEM unlock is enabled in settings. To avoid clutter or adding confusion here, if it is ok please private message. Thanks a lot for your support
    While in adb in cmd type "adb devices" it will show your device serial number and then run the .bat file as run as administrator your device will be unlocked,
    Attached both lock & unlock bootloader script, unzip the zip file and run the 1st file unlock bootloader.bat file as run as administrator
    do let me know if it worked on 10T however the file is for 10 Pro but will work on 10T as well.