General Root 10T 5G

Search This thread

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
Thanks, root is working well for me in A07. Passes safety net, wallet works, vine level 1.

After using saftey net patch module of course.

Cheers!
I used the USNF (modified and non), magisk/zygisk hide enforce and in play store I had certified device, wallet seemed to work, L1 as well. But, Netflix and Disney+ didn't work still. Were you able to get Netflix (SD or HD) working in your configuration? It no longer affects me, I'm just curious

*Edit: I also tried a device spoofing module with magisk to attempt a force of L3. The devices would show as the correct device and fingerprint in Device Info but still, couldn't get it to behave

Last edited:

maamdroid

Jun 6, 2013
I used the USNF (modified and non), magisk/zygisk hide enforce and in play store I had certified device, wallet seemed to work, L1 as well. But, Netflix and Disney+ didn't work still. Were you able to get Netflix (SD or HD) working in your configuration? It no longer affects me, I'm just curious

*Edit: I also tried a device spoofing module with magisk to attempt a force of L3. The devices would show as the correct device and fingerprint in Device Info but still, couldn't get it to behave
I guess not. My Netflix app asks for an update and then in the play store it says my device is no longer compatible. So I guess Netflix doesn't work at all for me currently.

I didn't try using the props config module to change the device fingerprint, I didn't think that would be needed. I don't use Netflix on my phone. As long as wallet with NFC pay works, then I'm good to go...

I don't want to try anything too crazy. I don't want to have to reload the firmware right now...

Though, I was curious as well.

Reactions: Appreciative

Marco589

Dec 3, 2013
Como
OnePlus 9 Pro
I get accros the issue of the driver when the phone is in FastbootD, how did you solve it?
the Oneplus driver folder doesnt have such a driver
EDIT
found the way to do it.

Last edited:

0xJX

Sep 12, 2022
PEB
github.com
I had that issue too with fastboot commands, then I installed the fastboot drivers manually using this guide:

Boot your device to fastboot mode with the cable connected, then go to device manager and find the Android device from the list with the triangle "!" symbol and follow the guide on how to install the drivers and that will fix your issue.

phoenix1589

Oct 23, 2008
Does booting the initial patched image (before actually installing magisk) give temporary root access that then goes away after a reboot?

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
I just got the notification for update A.08. Who wants to test it out and report back?
I might try to update and keep root later tonight if I get bored.

radots7

Sep 5, 2022
I just got the notification for update A.08. Who wants to test it out and report back?
I might try to update and keep root later tonight if I get bored.
System
• Optimizes the display effect of Dark mode in low brightness scenarios.
• Optimizes the touch experience.
Network
• Optimizes Wi-Fi stability and improves network experience.
• Optimizes communication stability.
Camera
• Optimizes the exposure effect of the front camera in the backlight environment.
Other
• Fixes the occasional issue of notification delay.
• Fixes the occasional issue of dark stripes when taking photos.
• Fixes the occasional issue of ghost effect in group photo scenarios with the front camera.

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
System
• Optimizes the display effect of Dark mode in low brightness scenarios.
• Optimizes the touch experience.
Network
• Optimizes Wi-Fi stability and improves network experience.
• Optimizes communication stability.
Camera
• Optimizes the exposure effect of the front camera in the backlight environment.
Other
• Fixes the occasional issue of notification delay.
• Fixes the occasional issue of dark stripes when taking photos.
• Fixes the occasional issue of ghost effect in group photo scenarios with the front camera.
Why was I quoted here? Have you tried the update? I don't understand what you are referencing in my message.

Reactions: galaxys

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
My installation fails each time on a.08. I am guessing due to root, but it appears magisk did not back up the stock boot image when originally rooting.
The backup should be located in /data/magisk_backup_*** it is a gziped image.
The installation will fail without full OTA zip. To go from A06 to A07 update with incremental OTA I had to unroot, install update, boot patched image, re-root.

MNoisy

The backup should be located in /data/magisk_backup_*** it is a gziped image.
The installation will fail without full OTA zip. To go from A06 to A07 update with incremental OTA I had to unroot, install update, boot patched image, re-root.
It is not, that is why I need it.

I am already on A07, the A08 update fails, so I want to unroot to update and need the stock boot image from A07 to restore.

Jager

Feb 21, 2010
It is not, that is why I need it.

I am already on A07, the A08 update fails, so I want to unroot to update and need the stock boot image from A07 to restore.
The stock A06 kernel from the original post will work to boot the phone running A07, I have used that. Do not flash it though, just do fastboot boot with the image. Either that or you can download the EU full OTA zip and extract the boot image that way, that's how Marco589 made the patched image in the first post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've just received today the 10T 5G CPH2415.

I unlocked the bootloader in the same way as the Oneplus 10Pro

in settigs OEM unlock and ADB Debug.

by Powershell:
    1. adb devices
    2. Adb reboot bootloader
    3. fastboot devices
    4. fastboot flashing unlock
    in case of issue on installing the driver, in fastboot mode, on win11, you need to reboot Windows in the mode "Disable driver signature enforcement"

when the phone is started, reboot again in fastboot then I booted it with the boot.img of the indian version which I found (I patched it with Magisk 25.2).
    1. fastboot devices
    2. fastboot boot patched_boot.img
    when it stared, I patched it with Magisk directly.

by using "oneplus local update for android 12" the root can be kept.
    Install the firmware with oplocal, dont reboot, open magisk flash it on the second slot; only now you can reboot.

DON'T REBOOT after the FW installation.

The firmware can be downloaded through the app Oxygen Updater. (Full update)
    ---------------------------
    Attachment:
    Boot Patched 10T from Indian version img
    OPLocal Update for Android 12 apk
    Stock boot A06 CPH2415 img
    Patched Boot A06 CPH2415 (Magisk 25.2) img
    I understand that, but in the instructions, the repaired vendor_boot.img is also flashed
    Are you not listening to me? I just told you how to do it. Boot the patched image and run the direct install. Magisk installer will do what needs to be done for you. This is also the same thing the OP has done. Ignore those other instructions you found, they are incorrect and pose problems when you take OTA updates as OnePlus is moving away from full OTAs to incremental ones that will not flash to a phone with modified images.

For the record, patched dtbo and vendor_boot are needed as well but Magisk does this for you.
    Nah... I'd suggest your feeling on this to be somewhat "Chicken Little"ish.

Don't get me wrong... it's completely annoying that so many apps are coded with kill switches triggered by any sign of root or root related settings and/or modifications. However, the cat and mouse game that is "apps detecting root and developers creating ways to avoid being detected" has been going on for years... and will continue to do so.

I suspect what sets these streaming apps apart from other apps which DO have working methods to evade root detection is their usage of DRM. If I understand things correctly, just an unlocked bootloader (without having root or any other modifications) can cause the DRM check to fail. And, hiding and unlocked bootloader from DRM is apparently difficult to impossible.

The part of this that I fail to get my head around is: Why do certain companies block app usage if root is detected, yet have no issue if I access the same content on my Linux box? Disney+ is a perfect example. 🤷‍♂️
    I have YTTV, Netflix, Disney+ etc working successfully. Initially none of them were working while rooted. It takes some fairly big changes, but I thought I'd share.

Explanation:
    Essentially, widevine needs to be set to L3 (lower quality as it's not protected). There is a module called liboemcryptodisabler that typically accomplishes this but it doesn't work for our device. Oneplus moved the library (liboemcrypto.so) to the "odm" partition which both the module and Magisk don't support. There is a fork of Magisk called Magisk Delta (by HuskyDG) that allows magic mounting of extra partitions, including "odm". I made some tiny and "hacky" changes to the module and now widevine shows as L3 and video apps work for me.

TL;DR
    Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage, etc, etc.
    1. Magisk Delta - Required. I'm currently using delta-5. Zygisk and MagiskHide enabled and DenyList configured.
    2. Universal Safety Net Fix - Module. Needed to download the media apps from Play Store (and maybe other reasons). I'm currently using v2.4
    3. liboemcryptodisablerodm - My custom module attached here. Based on the original liboemcryptodisabler by ianmacd.
    You followed this guide

https://www.droidwin.com/root-oneplus-10t-via-magisk-patched-boot-img/

or did you only flash the patched boot.img?
    Don't follow that guide. You just need to boot (not flash) a patched boot image and then run direct install. This also creates backups of your stock images which you'll need when you OTA.
    It says it failed with a timing. OEM unlock is enabled in settings. To avoid clutter or adding confusion here, if it is ok please private message. Thanks a lot for your support
    While in adb in cmd type "adb devices" it will show your device serial number and then run the .bat file as run as administrator your device will be unlocked,
    Attached both lock & unlock bootloader script, unzip the zip file and run the 1st file unlock bootloader.bat file as run as administrator
    do let me know if it worked on 10T however the file is for 10 Pro but will work on 10T as well.