• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT][[2.2+][15.1.0] OPG Pro is not only battery saver.

Search This thread

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
Finding the project's description misleading. What does "kernel-level saver" mean in the first place? It doesn't load any kernel modules on my hardware. Seems like any plain old userland saver.

While the information provided by the software is exhaustive, the mechanism of action of the software is opaque. What does it do? How does it do that? Other than few buzzwords, there's no information on how any attempts to extend battery life are made...

it like Optimization script. you can see that. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2666368

I just developed this script to an app. The difference is that we tested for a long time.

Last edited:

y2knarayan

Dec 19, 2009
In the OPG Pro version, only 1 mode (AI Mode) works. It says u need to be an advanced user for it. Do I need to pay to become one or does anyone have some alternatives ;) ;) ;) ;)

Asphyxiation

Sep 11, 2011
Finding the project's description misleading. What does "kernel-level saver" mean in the first place? It doesn't load any kernel modules on my hardware. Seems like any plain old userland saver.

While the information provided by the software is exhaustive, the mechanism of action of the software is opaque. What does it do? How does it do that? Other than few buzzwords, there's no information on how any attempts to extend battery life are made...

Kernel-level saver refers to the fact this application can set your CPU clock speeds lower (with root, I believe) when you are running low on battery.

foobie-bletch

Jul 4, 2014
Kernel-level saver refers to the fact this application can set your CPU clock speeds lower (with root, I believe) when you are running low on battery.

That's expected of any program of that sort.

Truth is, a loaded CPU, no matter the clock, uses more mah than a fully-clocked one that's idle. The difference in mah between clocks when idle is negligible. So finish work fast. It's counterintuitive but only approach based on reality.

Did my own C software downclocking depending on factors including battery level. Gains were nonexistent.

Also recommend using interactive governor instead of ondemand, not for gains (no gains, no losses, within margin of error) but sanity of working without choppy response.

Here's what measurements on another forum (not linked, requires registration) provided:

Code:
Forced 396 MHz, idling (no Xorg, console only): 720 mA
Forced 396 MHz, full load (openssl speed sha256): 770 mA
Forced 996 MHz, idling: 738 mA
Forced 996 MHz, full load: 900 mA

The CPU measured's Cortex A9 quad-core box.

Note that comparisons must rely on identical workloads, i.e. holding wakelocks, performing same deterministic tasks. Easy to think wishfully how not using the phone (and letting it use deepest sleep state) means saver works.

Last edited:

skato87

Aug 20, 2014
Palermo
Great App!!! ;)

Hi!! First of all my compliments for this great app, it really work and it's full of features ;) Now i go with reports, questions and suggestions :D

1) REPORT: I've tried moderate setting for android entropy and it seems work better than default on my Galaxy S5. I've to test better but this is my impression, so you was right when you said it on your blog ;)

2) QUESTION: Which parameters will change ai mode? You said that this mode "Learns from how you use your device", but learning what it will do?

3) QUESTION: I've bought al mode pack, but can you suggest me some customization of this modes for my S5? Such as max-min cpu freq or any in-app customization for the different modes.

4) SUGGESTION: I see that in custom mode you can change mode by time, but you can set only 1 mode change based on time. It can be nice if you can set different mode changes based on time, like:default mode --> daily mode; from 00:30 to 6:30 --> standby mode; from 17:30 to 21:30 --> powersafe mode.

I'm sorry if you've just answered at any question or suggestion, but 23 page are too much to read :p

agha_jo0n

May 28, 2014
Esf
Hi

This is the best battery app that i see in my life
Very useful for battery

Befor installing it my battery reduce about 10% over night
But with this app it reduce 0% over night

But this app its not compatible with xzkernel v26

In xzkernel v26 when you set any of setting it stick on applying vm setting !

I install my stock kernel .230 and now it works perfectely

Its wonderfull if this app be compatible with xzkernel v26 custom kernel !!!

Thank you very much

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

foobie-bletch

Jul 4, 2014
If you want good battery usage, look at ALARMS. Not WAKELOCKS. Alarms wake up the device when it's sleeping to do usual nonsense like sending location data.

The xposed framework's "per-app hacking" module allows to throttle alarm rate. Which to throttle? Look at Greenify's wakeup count.

Other than kernel bugs, which are commonplace, this is what I consider the biggest battery hog.

-sh

pravus87

Apr 4, 2013
Anyone else have trouble activating the pro features after paying for the "hot" deal? I tried to recover the license with my email and the built in browser takes me to this page but nothing is clickable. Rebooted and had same issue.

Attachments

• 1412446986621.jpg
    1412446986621.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 245

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
The Version 11.5.0 is updated

The Version 11.5.0 is updated, Make sure to upgrade to the latest version, V11.5.0 is faster and smoother version.
  1. Fix some FC bugs, make this app smoother
  2. Improve notification background
  3. Add target SDK = 19;
  4. Improve Thread Pool;
  5. Improve JNI framework;
  6. Fix app detail UI is white bug;
  7. Fix notification ANR bug;

These screenshots show that OPG Pro and Coolify are used together, after playing the game and quit the game, OPG Pro saved power and Coolify cooled down my device. Model: HTC One X; ROM: Sense 4,Android 4.1.1; Kernel Version: 3.1.10 RichmondoUK; The settings of OPG Pro are conservative + noop + entropy(Aggressive) + other(Default)

2014_10_10_coolify_en.png

Last edited:

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
Diagnose by Battery Doctor of OPG Pro

Yesterday, When I was ready to develop OPG Pro with i9100, Battery life is full, but suddenly found this phone was turned off. I wonder what happened? Let us see this classic battery case.

1. First, Check Battery option in system settings, the red square shows battery life instantly dropped down, Both Youku and cell standby consume 96% of battery life. However, it is difficult to see from them, and may be it made a mistake to misdiagnose as cell standby

2014_10_17_opg_pro_en_1.png

2. Secondly, let us into OPG Pro of Battery Doctor, From the chart, It is more intuitive to show battery life instantly dropped down, Such as the electrocardiogram

2014_10_17_opg_pro_en_2.png

3. Let's look at the reasons of power consumption, what events happened? from 60% to 31%, there are two important events, a wakelock and screen wakeup, this wakelock wake up system so that Android system can not sleep. +screen mean that screen awaked and turned on suddenly.

2014_10_17_opg_pro_en_3.png

4. Then, Find out which applications have wakelock permissions? the figure only two applications.

2014_10_17_opg_pro_en_4.png

5. Switch statistics to the last charge or statistics to the last unplugged, kernel wakelocks or Partial wakelocks, To find out the main wakelock. the longest realtime of "mywakelock" is 21 hours 48 minutes, it is the reason.

2014_10_17_opg_pro_en_5.png

6. Although it is known mywakelock led to drain, let us return to the first pic, the power consumption of Youku reached 6%, Is Youku creates mywakelock? At this point, Decompile Youku apk to see this wakelock.

2014_10_17_opg_pro_en_6.png

Finally, We are planning to develop an app to control wakelocks. Dowload OPG Pro App

Righttoknow

Oct 2, 2014
please help with the pro version, i just bought it with the paypal way, but still haven't got any key.
i've try reinstall the app and even restore the key, but the only message i got up is "Only restore your license on you device which created a license!"

:solve

Last edited:

pearpear

Jun 2, 2009
I've just bought the pro version, I've some suggestion about this app

1. Better handling of data connection during screen off, add schedule to turn on data to receive notification, such as email and whatsapp message, for example, turn on data for 1 minute every 15 minutes

2. Auto airplane mode in night during sleep, it can save more battery when all connection is off

3. Allow multiple time schedule in custom mode, and together with the screen off option

onexuan

Jun 1, 2010
www.onexuan.com
The 12.1.0 Version updated

1. Support multi cores cpufreq module to set cpu freq and governor
2. Fix custom mode bug when screen turned on without switching modes
3. Add to set as material design color
4. Improve UI
Download http://www.opgpro.com/

device-2014-11-22-233451.png

Attachments

• device-2014-11-22-233451.png