• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROOT][5.02][XZDual Recovery][Xposed] Lollipop stock with root for WiFi SGP611 16GB

Search This thread

tsoureki

Stock lollipop and root for your device. Flash recovery and install xposed framework. Follow the instructions:

1) Backup your apps and settings
2) Make a nandroid backup
3) Download stock ftf file of Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact WiFi SGP611 16GB from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZwoyjQbD!8J5LVBi8tH4gIv0RW503UjBYMISy9hKynL752x1W2ug
4) Create a prerooted firmware with the PRFcreator tool from this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...fcreator-easily-create-pre-t2859904?nocache=1
5) Make a factory reset and flash the prerooted firmware via recovery
6) Flash XZDual Recovery from this page (version 2.8.10) http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-tablet-compact/development/tabz3c-xzdualrecovery-qa-t3014211
7) Now from your recovery flash the zip xposed arm http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
8) Install xposed installer apk and done

Thanks @[NUT] , @zxz0O0 , @rovo89

Last edited:

Guids

Sep 11, 2011
Why do you first have to install a stock ftf? Why not install prerooted right away.

Update : I did not read properly. so it seems one time flashing is the case .

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WastedJoker

Aug 11, 2011
So, just so I understand, I will end up with a Sony Z3 Compact Tablet with 5.02 LP, rooted, but with no access to recovery?

That explains my confusion then - I kept getting recovery partition errors in Flashify.

Hobbes2099

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
Please help me understand:

- PRFcreator will create a flashable.zip.
- the flashable.zip is a .zip and not a signed .tft; one must flash through recovery, not flashtool.

this is where I get really lost:

- In order to install any recovery (TWRP, Clock, etc), the device must be unlocked,since you cannot install recovery on locked Xperia devices (right?).
- The only way to unlock the device is to request the unlock code from Sony which voids the DRM keys, etc.

Please help me figure this out, since I want to root my SGP611, but I don't want to lose my DRM keys.

grisu59964

Please help me understand:

- PRFcreator will create a flashable.zip.
- the flashable.zip is a .zip and not a signed .tft; one must flash through recovery, not flashtool.

this is where I get really lost:

- In order to install any recovery (TWRP, Clock, etc), the device must be unlocked,since you cannot install recovery on locked Xperia devices (right?).
- The only way to unlock the device is to request the unlock code from Sony which voids the DRM keys, etc.

Please help me figure this out, since I want to root my SGP611, but I don't want to lose my DRM keys.
You may want to root your device first and backup your DRM keys with giefroot and BackupTA.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-...t-rooting-sgp611-giefroot-bootloader-t3017314

Reactions: Hobbes2099

Hobbes2099

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify; I will generate a .zip file with PFRCreator that can only be flashed in recovery, correct?

Forgive the noobness: can I flash a .zip file with Flashtool?

fred0r

Nov 23, 2011
Hamburg
Before i had the 4.4.4 running, rooted with the giefroot-method and i also did a ta-backup.
Now i upgraded it using the mentioned way and i do still have root - but now i cant get PS4-Remoteplay to work again.
I get a errorcode which is known to say: You rooted your device and the drm-keys are gone (88001003).
so i restored my 4.4.4 ta-backup again - but it still doesnt work.
Also the proprietary Sony-Updateprog for their pre-installed xperia software is gone.

any ideas how to fix this ?

kvi

Jun 23, 2009
You created the backup BEFORE opening the bootloader?
Have restored the backup after getting root on the stock firmware?
You must enter the special menu contact ( *#*#7378423#*#* , service tests, security ) , all keys should be ok

I read that some have had this error (withremote play) simply by having SuperSU or superuser installed

Edit: I tried to uninstall SuperSU from the app itself (option cleaning to reinstall after from google play) and now to open remote play does not give the error 88001003. Apparently sony detects if you have the app installed

Last edited:

emko7

Sep 5, 2010
busybox

I had the stock kitkat rom, which I rooted prior to installing a prerooted lollipop rom.
I still have root access, but I do not have busybox installed and can't seem to install it.
I get the same error message using "busybox installer" and using Stephen (Stericson's) Busybox.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-05-23-56-17.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-05-23-56-17.png
    209.9 KB · Views: 219

kvi

Jun 23, 2009
You may have forgotten to install ricdefeat (download SGP621-RICDefeat.zip , unzip, run install.bat)
system r/w?

Last edited:

fred0r

Nov 23, 2011
Hamburg
You created the backup BEFORE opening the bootloader?
Have restored the backup after getting root on the stock firmware?
yes
Edit: I tried to uninstall SuperSU from the app itself (option cleaning to reinstall after from google play) and now to open remote play does not give the error 88001003. Apparently sony detects if you have the app installed

Strange - i'm pretty sure it worked on 4.4.4 while i had superSU installed.

Top Liked Posts