Thanks to Dees_Troy getting TWRP working on this device, I have made an easy way to root your Sprint One and disable /system write protection.
Q&AWhat does this contain?
- Everything necessary to install the latest SuperSU and supporting files (su binary included)
- Install latest busybox in recovery
- A ported wp_mod.ko module for this kernel
- A script to start wp_mod.ko
- A modified boot.img - insecured (allows for remounting of /system to rw when in Android), enabled USB debugging by default, and added busybox run-parts (alows scripts to run during boot).
What is /system write protection?
- HTC now keeps you from writing to /system through the kernel. When you try to modify anything in /system, you'll get a reboot. This cannot be fixed until there is source available, so this method by flar2 works wonderfully.
How is this different from this method?
- TWRP's method is great, but it doesn't disable /system rw protection. This means that you will still experience issues when modifying /system when booted into Android (deleting/adding files, updating SuperSU binary, etc). I would recommend my flashable .zip method!
Can I use this if I already installed SuperSU from TWRP?
- Yes, you can flash this with no issues.