• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root a AT&T Trek 2 HD?

Search This thread

link626

Dec 22, 2009
I'm using lineage os
and I can't get voice to text working on the keyboard.

Whenever I press the microphone button, nothing comes up.

how do I fix this? I installed the Micro gapps package, and already have latest google text to speech installed.

GNT01

Apr 20, 2013
Hi guys
I rooted my Trek 2 HD on stock and after rooting it my wifi is broken. The tablet is on Nougat version B15

janic11694

Aug 27, 2020
Found one!

Follow these steps and requirements:
Requirements:
1.android 7.1.1 B17 with oem unlocking and usb debugging
2.DM-Verity disabled
3,Qualcomm drivers working
4.Paths working in adv. cpu settings
Instructions:
1.Download what you need.
2.BACKUP YOUR DATA OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA!
3.install drivers for your K88
4.Extract platform tools as well as the jasmine tool
5.open command window and type: adb reboot edl
6.check the driver. if it says it is made by zte, you are going to uninstall it.
7.unplug your device, reboot and plug back in. (if it replaces the driver spot you are good to go.)
8.repeat step five only.
10.open zadig and look for the device.
11.install the driver
12.repeat step 7 only and open cmd tyoe adb reboot edl then jasminetool-win64 write recovery and file name
13. Type i agree and twrp will be installed.
And flash magisk root and you'll be done!!

pray4all

Jan 25, 2021
Rooted to TWRP 3.2.3 and installed lineage OS 15.1 using the files in http://files.nwwn.com/android/k88/
but found out none of Hulu, Netflix, youtube TV works, guess not passing safetynet check?

now i am trying to go back the B17, tried to load
jasmine-v2.0.0-b17-bootstack.zip
jasmine-v2.0.0-b17-stocksystem.zip

and wipe in TWRP and install, does not seem to work
now i got a screen shows corrupted, but it does allow me to get into TWRP , so i can restore LOS
any help either to get those streaming work in LOS15, or to go back to stock B17 (preferred still rooted to unload the bloatwares)

thanks

jd45321

Apr 15, 2017
Rooted to TWRP 3.2.3 and installed lineage OS 15.1 using the files in http://files.nwwn.com/android/k88/
but found out none of Hulu, Netflix, youtube TV works, guess not passing safetynet check?

now i got a screen shows corrupted, but it does allow me to get into TWRP , so i can restore LOS
any help either to get those streaming work in LOS15, or to go back to stock B17 (preferred still rooted to unload the bloatwares)

thanks

Make sure you have this TWRP:
jasmine-twrp-7.1-3.2.3-r1.img

I found the following ROM to work the best on Trek 2 K88.

I upgraded my tablet a few months ago because the battery was not lasting all day on the K88, but never had an issue with youtube that I can recall (may have been using Newpipe or Youtube vanced, can't remember). Also never had issue with Netflix that I can recall, never used Hulu. It is still around somewhere so I could power it up to check something on it if needed.

jd45321

Apr 15, 2017

thanks
One more thing, you might want to run https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-aokp-nougat-official.3825519/ which I found to be the most stable 14 version ROM (I beleive the 15s were all non-stable releases since the original programing expert (tdm) appeared to abandoned the K88

pray4all

Jan 25, 2021
One more thing, you might want to run https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-aokp-nougat-official.3825519/ which I found to be the most stable 14 version ROM (I beleive the 15s were all non-stable releases since the original programing expert (tdm) appeared to abandoned the K88

Thanks, good to know, probably should have tried that instead of the LOS15.1.
Managed to get back on bootstock and stock system finally, not even sure which combination finally did the trick, tried too many.:unsure:
Put in TWRP and Magisk, but debloat wont really remove those ATT app.. oh well... at least streaming all works for now.
Rooting exploration is too time consuming o_O

jd45321

Apr 15, 2017
Thanks, good to know, probably should have tried that instead of the LOS15.1.
Managed to get back on bootstock and stock system finally, not even sure which combination finally did the trick, tried too many.:unsure:
Put in TWRP and Magisk, but debloat wont really remove those ATT app.. oh well... at least streaming all works for now.
Rooting exploration is too time consuming o_O

I started the tablet up for first time in a while, had Newpipe legacy on there. Tried it and it worked (so can use Youtube securely). Didn't have Netflix on there (and didn't want to install) so couldn't confirm test that and don't use Hulu

Rj0

Oct 23, 2021
That is my article.
Yes. Finally i made it! Not a fake ;)
Looking forward to build twrp for trek2.
I found firehose for k88, so patched boot image with magisk and write it to my device.
I sent PM to @tdm and he should help me to make root tool.
I wanna be able to show you soon!
I know this is an old post. I am trying to root my k88 with magisk and use emmcdl.exe to flash to boot.img but when I reboot from edl mode it shows a recovery menu that is distorted then android asks for a password. If I restart it boots into android but it is not rooted. I have Android 7.1.1 b17 on mine.
What were your steps that got it to work?

Wiesshund

May 6, 2016
I know this is an old post. I am trying to root my k88 with magisk and use emmcdl.exe to flash to boot.img but when I reboot from edl mode it shows a recovery menu that is distorted then android asks for a password. If I restart it boots into android but it is not rooted. I have Android 7.1.1 b17 on mine.
What were your steps that got it to work?

That is what i used
But i cant get any non stock roms to not crash
has to reflash it back to 7.1 stock rom with magisk and root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you guys set off dm varity too?

well i have made a tutorial on the method i figured out on how to reset it. the only cavet is you will end up wiping your internal storage. you have been warned. and yeah if your phone blows up or something its not my fault.

so here is what you will need for files
    (if zte gave us a full b17 zip we wouldnt have to do this..lol)

b15 ota update

b15 bootstack

b15 recovery

b15 system (or a backup of b15 system if you have it)

download all the files above.
    if you have gotten this far im going to assume you have adb on your pc you willneed it for this. if you dont go set it up and come back to this after.

1. copy k88 b15 bootstack, recovery, and system (if you dont have a backup) to your sd card or internal storage.
    2. reboot into twrp
    3. mount system rw in mounts menu
    4. in advanced wipe menu select davalik cache, system, data, and cache... then wipe it.
    5. reboot to twrp if it lagged out. dont try booting system.
    6.flash bootstack zip ( dont reboot unless it freezes up then reboot to twrp)
    7. flash system zip or restore b15 backup (reboot to twrp afterwards)
    8. flash recovery zip (reboot to stock recovery afterwards)
    9. plug your device into your pc
    10. in stock recovery select adb sideload
    11. on your pc open a command window and go to the folder you put the update.zip and use adb to sideload the zip.
    12. once the device finishes the update you will be able to reboot and have the message gone.

thanks to @tdm for the original zips and all the hard work on everthing else he has done for our devices.
    and thanks to @eDooM85 for his diligent work testing everything.

and remember im not responsible for anything you do to your phones. use this info wisely.
    Yes sorry guys I'm too busy right now. But I've not forgotten this device and it will get updated at some point. The next build will probably be lineage 15.1.
    New builds are up:

http://files.nwwn.com/android/k88/lineage-14.1-20180706-UNOFFICIAL-jasmine.zip

http://files.nwwn.com/android/k88/aokp-nougat-20180706-UNOFFICIAL-jasmine.zip

The AOKP build has been installed and verified to work on two devices. The Lineage build should be the same.

Please report any remaining issues.

Next I'll look into making this official.
    Sorry it's been a while guys, I've had some troubles recently with my server. See the Axon 7 Mini Lineage thread if you are interested. Anyway, I should have new builds out in the next day or three with some fixes.
    It seems that everything is working properly, so yes, it is stable. I've already started official aokp builds. I'll start official lineage builds when I get a chance, probably later this week.
    @tdm
    The suspended screen was also fixed.
    Then Jasmine is stable?

Enviado desde mi K88 mediante Tapatalk