Root Acer Iconia A1-830 ?

Search This thread

mirosaw2

Dec 5, 2008
Gizah
I'm having a big problem with one of A1-830 tabs,
i think this tab got bricked since it's showing only an USB sign on the screen, and PC recognize it as Cloverviewplus,
i've tried to use all Intel Flash Tools in a try to revive it, but i couldn't, most ot the tools can see the device but can't flash it since it needs file called "flash.xml" into the firmware zip file, which i can't find into all firmwares for this tab,
also tried with xfstk downloader to flash (ifwi, dnx_fwr, dnx_osr and fastboot.img.POS.bin) but it gives me error at the very first part of flashing,
now i have nothing to do with the tab, so if someone can help me in this, that'd be much appreciated,
thanks in advance.

darkfilth101

Oct 15, 2015
Hi, i have acer iconia a1-830 android 4.2.2.
i tried rooting it with kingo then it softbricked it. bootloop in acer logo, tried recovery hard reset, cache. but still bootloop.
anyone knows how to solved this? Thanks alot.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
I'm having a big problem with one of A1-830 tabs,
i think this tab got bricked since it's showing only an USB sign on the screen, and PC recognize it as Cloverviewplus,
i've tried to use all Intel Flash Tools in a try to revive it, but i couldn't, most ot the tools can see the device but can't flash it since it needs file called "flash.xml" into the firmware zip file, which i can't find into all firmwares for this tab,
also tried with xfstk downloader to flash (ifwi, dnx_fwr, dnx_osr and fastboot.img.POS.bin) but it gives me error at the very first part of flashing,
now i have nothing to do with the tab, so if someone can help me in this, that'd be much appreciated,
thanks in advance.

What were you doing that led to this state?

I once caused my A1-830 to be at the same USB symbol screen. I had attempted to flash an custom recovery developed for the device but untested. Weeks later I eventually recovered the device by connecting it to a PC, entering droidboot/fastboot, and using adb to flash the stock recovery. I pulled the recovery from a stock ROM image found on social-design-concepts myKitBatch thread. I think the images were also linked to on his temp recovery thread.

mirosaw2

Dec 5, 2008
Gizah
What were you doing that led to this state?

I once caused my A1-830 to be at the same USB symbol screen. I had attempted to flash an custom recovery developed for the device but untested. Weeks later I eventually recovered the device by connecting it to a PC, entering droidboot/fastboot, and using adb to flash the stock recovery. I pulled the recovery from a stock ROM image found on social-design-concepts myKitBatch thread. I think the images were also linked to on his temp recovery thread.

"fastboot erase factory", i think that command what caused the problem, after that i tried to reboot into fastboot, but tab got stucked with USB sign, since then i can't boot into fastboot again whatever i do, only USB sign, if you can tell me how exactly did you managed to get it boot into fastboot, that'd be much appreciated, also if you have any ideas can help recovering the tab, i can try anything.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
"fastboot erase factory", i think that command what caused the problem, after that i tried to reboot into fastboot, but tab got stucked with USB sign, since then i can't boot into fastboot again whatever i do, only USB sign, if you can tell me how exactly did you managed to get it boot into fastboot, that'd be much appreciated, also if you have any ideas can help recovering the tab, i can try anything.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Mine was stuck at the USB emblem for a log time, no matter how many reboots I tried. I think I finally broke the cycle by rebooting while plugged into the charger. That was about a year ago, so it's possible I had the tablet plugged into a PC instead of a charger when I rebooted.

IamAlexD

Oct 15, 2015
Huston

mike-s

Jul 7, 2012
My wifes one previously had kingroot installed. It got a bit flaky after me installing an OTA update against my better judgment and totally screwed permissions on the root volume to the point that I just couldn't root it regardless of the method I attempted (kingroot, oneclickroot, root genius, iroot, all these via .apk install and via tethered rooting). I ended up downloading a 4.2.2 rom as listed in this post and used a couple of guides (link1,link2) with thanks to google translate to find out how to write the volumes via fastboot. I then downloaded the obsolete toolkit in Post #1 in the same thread. I ran it and installed supersu and it worked perfectly. I wish I'd known about this earlier, I'd have saved myself countless headaches.

Last edited:

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
My wifes one previously had kingroot installed. It got a bit flaky after me installing an OTA update against my better judgment and totally screwed permissions on the root volume to the point that I just couldn't root it regardless of the method I attempted (kingroot, oneclickroot, root genius, iroot, all these via .apk install and via tethered rooting). I ended up downloading a 4.2.2 rom as listed in this post and used a couple of guides (link1,link2) with thanks to google translate to find out how to write the volumes via fastboot. I then downloaded the obsolete toolkit in Post #1 in the same thread. I ran it and installed supersu and it worked perfectly. I wish I'd known about this earlier, I'd have saved myself countless headaches.

Yes, @social-design-concepts and @vampirefo did us a big favor with the work they have done.

ramiabouzahra

Feb 19, 2016
Karlstad
I have succesfully rooted my Acer A1-830

I used the famous one click root app called KingRoot, works fine with the latest 4.8.0 update. Now when I opened the app and atempt to root it will say failed, don't worry! Try one more time. So try 2 times and then reboot. Download root checker from playstore and baaam! Worked for me running stock 4.4 kitkat:) Tried with the stock jellybean and this won't work.
Edit: after every reboot you have to reroot using this method

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Last edited:

ramiabouzahra

Feb 19, 2016
Karlstad
Can anyone post the latest Firmware or a instruction to Unroot to install the official Update OTA?

acer_av0k0_a1_830_rv01rc02_ww.gen1.zip is no longer available at ACER.
I think I've got it somewhere, to unroot just go in your superuser app and in options or settings there should be an unroot option. To install use fastboot. I'll see if I can provide the files for ya tomorrow.

bdias

Mar 25, 2017
Toronto
Acer A1 830 tab rooting steps completed ok, but not rooted !

I have gone through this thread quite a bit albeit it had started few years back. But given this was the only thread with specific relevance to my situation (Acer A1-830) I thought of asking the question here.

I have an Acer A1-830, Build - Acer_AV0K0_A1-830_1.008.00_WW_GEN1, Image - Acer_AV0K0_A1-830_RV01RC05_WW_GEN1, Kernel 3.10.20
It had Android 4.2.2 when purchased and later upgraded OTA 4.4.2 I'd like to upgrade to Android Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougart due to various current limitations that my younge son is unable to use many educational apps.

I followed the instructions as per social-design-concepts (thank you for your efforts) on thread - [TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x
- downloaded myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x.7z and SDC_INTEL2_ROOTKIT.7z and Acer_AV0K0_A1-830_1.006.00_WW_GEN1_FLASHPKG.7z (for android 4.4.2) and placed them in the relevant folders C:\ on a win 7 64b PC.
- set Acer in USB debug mode and connected USB cable
- ran run-me batch file in admin mode
- selected 1 to install drivers (installed ok)
- on tablet, answered OK to allow USB debugging mode
- took option 2 for myKIT_BATCH, took A1 for ROOT KITS, took 2 for SDC_INTEL2_ROOTKIT, opt R2 for root with superSU and final ACCEPT
- win PC finished with complete message
- Acer tablet auto rebooted and briefly had a message something like "updating software" (or similar) and normal tablet initial screen showed up.

But when I check tablet info, nothing has changed and if I run root checker basic, it tells me the tablet is not rooted.

What could I have missed or what could be the cause ?
An observation from my part is that I have a Build version 1.008 seems to be a little different from others discussed here 1.006 or even 1.014 in this thread.

Appreciate if anyone can offer some guidance/direction as to what/where to look for. I can provide screen captures of the steps if necessary.
Thanks

ramiabouzahra

Feb 19, 2016
Karlstad
I have gone through this thread quite a bit albeit it had started few years back. But given this was the only thread with specific relevance to my situation (Acer A1-830) I thought of asking the question here.

I have an Acer A1-830, Build - Acer_AV0K0_A1-830_1.008.00_WW_GEN1, Image - Acer_AV0K0_A1-830_RV01RC05_WW_GEN1, Kernel 3.10.20
It had Android 4.2.2 when purchased and later upgraded OTA 4.4.2 I'd like to upgrade to Android Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougart due to various current limitations that my younge son is unable to use many educational apps.

I followed the instructions as per social-design-concepts (thank you for your efforts) on thread - [TOOL KIT] myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x
- downloaded myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x.7z and SDC_INTEL2_ROOTKIT.7z and Acer_AV0K0_A1-830_1.006.00_WW_GEN1_FLASHPKG.7z (for android 4.4.2) and placed them in the relevant folders C:\ on a win 7 64b PC.
- set Acer in USB debug mode and connected USB cable
- ran run-me batch file in admin mode
- selected 1 to install drivers (installed ok)
- on tablet, answered OK to allow USB debugging mode
- took option 2 for myKIT_BATCH, took A1 for ROOT KITS, took 2 for SDC_INTEL2_ROOTKIT, opt R2 for root with superSU and final ACCEPT
- win PC finished with complete message
- Acer tablet auto rebooted and briefly had a message something like "updating software" (or similar) and normal tablet initial screen showed up.

But when I check tablet info, nothing has changed and if I run root checker basic, it tells me the tablet is not rooted.

What could I have missed or what could be the cause ?
An observation from my part is that I have a Build version 1.008 seems to be a little different from others discussed here 1.006 or even 1.014 in this thread.

Appreciate if anyone can offer some guidance/direction as to what/where to look for. I can provide screen captures of the steps if necessary.
Thanks

I've grown to become an expert in this Acer tablet when it comes to rooting and other such. The toolkit exploits a feature in the droid boot where you can use the fastboot command "fastboot oem startftm" and use adb to push files to mounted places. The toolkit puts an executable file that mounts the location for adbd and then it pushes a rooted adbd and then it reboots.
First of all, have you got adb and fastboot installed?
If yes, continue, if not, there's the minimal adb and fastboot installer available.
Second, boot your tab into droid boot by either running the adb command "adb reboot bootloader" or powering off the device and pressing and holding the power button and after 1 second, pressing and holding volume down.
Third, type the fastboot command "fastboot devices" and make sure your device shows up and says droid boot or something similar next to it.
If that worked, you can move on, if not, report it here.
Then type the fastboot command "fastboot oem startftm" and then, if all goes good, type the adb command "adb devices" and you should see it here. Reply with any errors you get so we can get ya up n running asap :)

bdias

Mar 25, 2017
Toronto
I've grown to become an expert in this Acer tablet when it comes to rooting and other such. The toolkit exploits a feature in the droid boot where you can use the fastboot command "fastboot oem startftm" and use adb to push files to mounted places. The toolkit puts an executable file that mounts the location for adbd and then it pushes a rooted adbd and then it reboots.
First of all, have you got adb and fastboot installed?
If yes, continue, if not, there's the minimal adb and fastboot installer available.
Second, boot your tab into droid boot by either running the adb command "adb reboot bootloader" or powering off the device and pressing and holding the power button and after 1 second, pressing and holding volume down.
Third, type the fastboot command "fastboot devices" and make sure your device shows up and says droid boot or something similar next to it.
If that worked, you can move on, if not, report it here.
Then type the fastboot command "fastboot oem startftm" and then, if all goes good, type the adb command "adb devices" and you should see it here. Reply with any errors you get so we can get ya up n running asap :)

Wow ! didn't expect a response this fast. so thank you !
Well your expertise is showing for sure. No adb on my win 7 PC. I had adb on my win 10 PC when I first tried this entire process, but it had device driver problems at which point I moved on to the win 7 PC as the driver issues were not there. But helas I didn't check for adb first on the win 7 PC, anyway that is some history.

- Installed minimal adb & fastboot
- adb devices showed my acer tablet (as CLV7CFFAE41 )
- ran "adb reboot bootloader" no issues
- ran "fastboot devices" no issues and showed same device as fastboot
- ran "fastboot oem startftm" no issues tablet showing RESULT: OK and on PC OKAY & finished
- ran "adb devices" no issues except it shows device name and "unauthorized" next to it

Thank you.

ramiabouzahra

Feb 19, 2016
Karlstad
Wow ! didn't expect a response this fast. so thank you !
Well your expertise is showing for sure. No adb on my win 7 PC. I had adb on my win 10 PC when I first tried this entire process, but it had device driver problems at which point I moved on to the win 7 PC as the driver issues were not there. But helas I didn't check for adb first on the win 7 PC, anyway that is some history.

- Installed minimal adb & fastboot
- adb devices showed my acer tablet (as CLV7CFFAE41 )
- ran "adb reboot bootloader" no issues
- ran "fastboot devices" no issues and showed same device as fastboot
- ran "fastboot oem startftm" no issues tablet showing RESULT: OK and on PC OKAY & finished
- ran "adb devices" no issues except it shows device name and "unauthorized" next to it

Thank you.

I think that should be fine (I'll confirm tomorrow).
I'll have to guide you step by step, manually rooting the device and we'll see when/where the issue occurs :) I'll just have to get the files for ya first. Should be up tomorrow

bdias

Mar 25, 2017
Toronto
I think that should be fine (I'll confirm tomorrow).
I'll have to guide you step by step, manually rooting the device and we'll see when/where the issue occurs :) I'll just have to get the files for ya first. Should be up tomorrow

Not sure if I was supposed to look for the files somewhere, let me know if that is the case. Otherwise I will wait.
I also found that adb executable files were in one of the myKIT Tool folders from social-design-concept.
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and here you go sorry for the delay instructions are in the post myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2
    Root Tutorial

Ok, now that I've rooted my tablet, I thought it's time for a small tutorial.
    All credit goes to social-design-concepts for the script he built for our device.

1) Download and install the ADB/Fastboot drives by following this tutorial : http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-your-windows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/

2) Download the myKIT_BATCH toolkit here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51089990#post51089990 and follow the instructions

3) Launch the toolkit follow the instructions. Be careful to read everything written. For rooting instructions, check this post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51089990#post51089990 (scroll down to see the instructions)

4) Your tablet reboots to droidboot mode, and nothing happens. It's normal, because your PC doesn't recognize your tablet in droidboot mode.
    In the Start menu of your PC,type "device manager". It will show a yell triangle in front of a "Android device" line. Right-click on it, click "update the driver", then "let me pick" and check for the "Android Boot Interface" or "ADB Interface" on the list of all drivers available (second option of the screen).

5) Windows will try to frighten you by saying that the driver is not built for your device etc. Click OK instead, it's the right thing to do if you want to root your device

6) The myKit_BATCH will display a lot of lines of code once, reboot, the display a lot of lines of code again, then reboot for the last time.

Your device is now rooted, go to the Play Store and install the "Root ckecker" app to check it out.

I hope this little tutorial will help everyone who want to root their A1-830 tablet.
    Don't hesitate to ask social-design-concepts or myself for further details, and press the "thanks" button if this tutorial helped you !
    Sorry for the delays everyone just have a couple of things left to do soon. . . .
    Well i rooted mine.
    Thanks!

how to fix:

1) Tablet reboots to droidboot

2) Open Device manager, yellow caution mark -> Update driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick ... -> Android Device -> Android Bootloader Interface

3) myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x runs a lot of code, and black screen, and again.

4) Open Device manager, yellow caution mark -> Update driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick ... -> Android Device -> Android Bootloader Interface

5) Tablet reboots

6) Rooted.
    Original Dumps are up for Acer_AV052_A1-830_1.014.00_WW_GEN1 goto myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x the download is in post 2.

the flash script i was putting together is not up yet so it is assumed you have knowledge of flashing images through fastboot.
    the only thing to note is do not extract <file name>.system.img.gz
    the .gz format is the correct format for flashing through fastboot on Intel Tablets.

kitkat rootkit wont be up till tomorrow . . . Sorry . . .