• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide Root achieved! Here's how to root the Red Magic 6 and Red Magic 6 Pro

Search This thread

jarcu

Jul 9, 2021
Hello there
I just root my red magic 6 pro and I follow all that steps from jokono421 but still problem with SafetyNet failed...
BasicIntegrity: Failed
ctsProfile : Failed

Some help please !?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-04-01-01-16-997.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-04-01-01-16-997.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 32

Wizard#5277

Jul 11, 2021
Please can you guys give steps below a try and give me feedback? Thank you so much in advance.

->Open Magisk
->Go to modules section
->Find MagiskHide Props Config and install it
->Install (from playstore) and Open Termux
->Type command below and press ENTER
su -c props
->press sequence of keywords just like below
f
2 (as RedMagic 6 is A11, then go for 2)
y
y

After rebooting ur phone please make Magisk safetynet test. Also fixmodules will cause conflict so give MagiskProps a try without using any other modules that have the same purpose.

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
I am working on this method . However more researching says this will brick the red magic 6s pro . Is there a boot img for 6s pro and vbmeta ?

xTFxBigSmoke

Dec 2, 2021
I've been up 24 hours dealing with bootloops. I finally found a way to root the phone and have it boot up! :ROFLMAO:

Join our Discord Channel

Youtube Video Tutorial:

For all those websites that claim the RM6 can be rooted with Kingroot, Kingoroot, iRoot, SuperSU... They are MISLEADING you into downloading their software. In other words, they are full of BS and you should INGORE them at all costs as Magisk is the ONLY proper way to root the RM6.

DO NOT USE KINGROOT, iROOT, KingoROOT, or ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY ROOTING TOOLS PLEASE!! They steal your DATA and sell it. Magisk does not steal anything.

This procedure will require a wipe of your data.. TWICE! I'll explain why.

When you unlock the bootloader, it wipes your data. Normally you only have to wipe it once, flash the patched boot.img file with magisk, and be done.

However, it seems that users will need to perform another factory reset after flashing the patched boot image. I have no idea why but it works. Please make a note of this as it will be required or you will be stuck in a bootloop.

Requirments

1. Global ROM file
2. A payload dumper
3. Magisk APK to patch the boot img
4. A computer!

Here are the steps!

1. Unlock your bootloader. Make sure you enable OEM unlock in developer options. This WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE! The command to unlock your bootloader is "fastboot flashing unlock"

2. Download the global rom from here: https://rom.download.nubia.com/Europe/NX669J/V312/NX669J-update.zip

3. You will need to download a payload dumper tool. This is due to the firmware being in a .bin file (payload.bin). Follow the link below on how to extract the global firmware:

I ended up Downloading Termux from the playstore and extracting it with python on my phone.

When you get it extracted, just move the boot.img and vbmeta.img files to your Desktop and on your phone :) Place it somewhere on your internal storage where you will remember!

4. Download
Magisk Manager onto your phone and install it. Select install "patch a file" option and select the boot.img you put on your phone.

Let magisk patch it. It will end outputting a file like "Magisk_Patchedxxx.img" Go ahead and copy that file to your Desktop.

5. Go onto your computer and open up command prompt. Change your directory to the Desktop ex. cd c:/Users/Your Name/Desktop

6. Type fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

7. Now make sure you have vbmeta.img on your desktop as well. We need to disable verity on the device. Type fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

8. From the bootloader, reboot into your recovery and perform another factory reset!

9. Reboot the phone and voila! You now have root access!

Another thing to mention is that SafteyNet does NOT pass even with MagiskHide enabled. Please keep that in mind!

So far I've installed the Xposed Framework and some Magisk modules. All seems to work really well.

Happy Modding!

I have problem with number 6 and 7 it dont work why is that ?

xTFxBigSmoke

Dec 2, 2021
I've been up 24 hours dealing with bootloops. I finally found a way to root the phone and have it boot up! :ROFLMAO:

Join our Discord Channel

Youtube Video Tutorial:

For all those websites that claim the RM6 can be rooted with Kingroot, Kingoroot, iRoot, SuperSU... They are MISLEADING you into downloading their software. In other words, they are full of BS and you should INGORE them at all costs as Magisk is the ONLY proper way to root the RM6.

DO NOT USE KINGROOT, iROOT, KingoROOT, or ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY ROOTING TOOLS PLEASE!! They steal your DATA and sell it. Magisk does not steal anything.

When you unlock the bootloader, it wipes your data. Normally you only have to wipe it once, flash the patched boot.img file with magisk, and be done.

However, it seems that users will need to perform another factory reset after flashing the patched boot image. I have no idea why but it works. Please make a note of this as it will be required or you will be stuck in a bootloop.

Requirments

1. Global ROM file
2. A payload dumper
4. A computer!

Here are the steps!

1. Unlock your bootloader. Make sure you enable OEM unlock in developer options. This WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE! The command to unlock your bootloader is "fastboot flashing unlock"

2. Download the global rom from here: https://rom.download.nubia.com/Europe/NX669J/V312/NX669J-update.zip

3. You will need to download a payload dumper tool. This is due to the firmware being in a .bin file (payload.bin). Follow the link below on how to extract the global firmware:

I ended up Downloading Termux from the playstore and extracting it with python on my phone.

When you get it extracted, just move the boot.img and vbmeta.img files to your Desktop and on your phone :) Place it somewhere on your internal storage where you will remember!

4. Download
Magisk Manager onto your phone and install it. Select install "patch a file" option and select the boot.img you put on your phone.

Let magisk patch it. It will end outputting a file like "Magisk_Patchedxxx.img" Go ahead and copy that file to your Desktop.

5. Go onto your computer and open up command prompt. Change your directory to the Desktop ex. cd c:/Users/Your Name/Desktop

7. Now make sure you have vbmeta.img on your desktop as well. We need to disable verity on the device. Type fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

8. From the bootloader, reboot into your recovery and perform another factory reset!

Another thing to mention is that SafteyNet does NOT pass even with MagiskHide enabled. Please keep that in mind!

So far I've installed the Xposed Framework and some Magisk modules. All seems to work really well.

Happy Modding!

i finally have it yes

puma9S

Nov 20, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Join our Discord Channel

Youtube Video Tutorial:

Requirments

1. Global ROM file
    2. A payload dumper
    4. A computer!

Here are the steps!

4. Download

Happy Modding!

Success. Thank you for your thread. Maybe we can get a Kernal going. Here's the modules needed. Install props last. Go in terminal run props module. Pick me fingerprint. Xoamoi then select number 30. It's the Xoami mi 3. Yes reboot. Then clear date and catch in both play store apps in settings. Turn magisk hide on in magisk app. Select play store and click all the bubbles not just the one pre enabled. Reboot device. Go in playstore turn off play protect. Now you are hidden.
    Screenshot_2021-05-21-17-49-28-983.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-21-17-43-42-279.png
    Are you SURE it doesn't pass SafetyNet? The Magisk check is broken download SafetyNet Checker from the app store and see what it says...
    I does not pass safety net. I've tested every testing app on the Play Store. I'll keep looking for a solution though.
    7. Now make sure you have vbmeta.img on your desktop as well. We need to disable verity on the device. Type fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
    You're missing the "flash" command inside, as such:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

A couple of questions:
    1: does the phone retain full functionality? radio (BT/A2DP/different wifi bands/fingerprint scanner/camera)?
    2: have you tried using an empty vbmeta?
    How to use this function fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX669J
    u need to have oem unlock enable in ur phone setting..... the thing is we cant even get past that screen lol