• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Root Achieved Nexus 4 6.0 roms

Search This thread

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
COMPLETELY BASED OFF OF @Dmitry KERNEL WITH PATCHED SUPOLICY

DISCLAIMER: Blah blah blah I didn't break your phone don"t blame me.

Background
Well It actually wasn't too hard to achieve even though I know nothing of the boot.img. Just followed @Chainfire guide on installing SuperSu for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Booted my nexus into a lollipop rom and flashed SuperSu beta 2.51, did some adb commands to patch the selinux policy and recompiled and flashed boot.img

SELINUX IS ENFORCING

Steps to Root your new Nexus 4 running the latest Marshmallow

1) FLASH YOUR PREFFERED 6.0 ROM.

2) FLASH MODIFIED BOOT
BOOT.IMG V2
MEGA MIRROR

3) FINALLY FLASH SUPERSU BETA 2.51

4) PROFIT

CREDITS:
@Chainfire for his amazing SU work and great guide on noob patching selinux
@Dmitry Grinberg for his awesome 6.0 rom I'm running and for providing a boot.img with dmverity already disabled

Leave a thanks if you felt like I helped

Last edited:

sd3993

Jan 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Awesome thanks guy glad i could help :D sorry about the permissive thing. Ill look into it

There is nothing to look into about that. Enforcing is what it should be. :p

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

There is nothing to look into about that. Enforcing is what it should be. :p

Also a google engineer on aosp on m live thread is making a boot.img that's going to enable data. He'll be adding selinux policies to it after a bit of experinentation. When that's working do integrate those changes into your boot.img so we can have root and data together(in enforcing mode) which is the way it's all supposed to work :D

EDIT:- here you go :3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63211817&postcount=278

Last edited:

insigma28

Sep 28, 2014
How do I get it work guys as I tried through wugs toolkit no success could anyone help me.

Sent from my AOSP on Mako using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 9 Pro
How do I get to it guys tried through wugs toolkit no success could anyone help me.

Sent from my AOSP on Mako using Tapatalk

Get to what?

It's a boot.img replacement so you need to use fastboot to flash it, just reboot your phone to the bootloader and use fastboot.exe to flash it using "fastboot flash boot <filename>" (Obviously replacing <filename> with whichever file you want to flash.

Reactions: insigma28

insigma28

Sep 28, 2014
Get to what?

It's a boot.img replacement so you need to use fastboot to flash it, just reboot your phone to the bootloader and use fastboot.exe to flash it using "fastboot flash boot <filename>" (Obviously replacing <filename> with whichever file you want to flash.
Did not mean to put get to lmao thank you for the reply dude appreciate it.

Tapped from my N4

emanoj.i9103

Mirror please

I will get around to looking at it in roughly 12 hours. About to be going to work

EDIT: going to attempt real quick :)

Done!!! Redownload from Op. Going to post in other threads. Tell me if all works @djsubterrain

I'm sorry if I missed to notice. GDrive throws me 404 error when i try to download the latest boot.img. Could someone be kind enough to provide a mirror?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts