Root achieved!

Search This thread

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I would assume ICS will close the the exploit so I wonder why they want you to wait? I suppose the thought is if they don't know what the exploit is maybe it will slip through to ICS and be available to people who purchase a prime after ICS comes preinstalled..

I guess I would not update to ICS before knowing.

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
NachoRoot is a root for the prime I wrote this morning, I've been asked by a few of the transformer devs to wait on releasing until the 12th, due to a supposed update coming

Side Note:
BurritoRoot is just for the kindle, its not the same as nachoroot (asus) nor tacoroot (htc).

Thanks for the hard work. I told people it would be only a matter of time. Patience is a Virtue. Developement for this Beast of a Tablet is about to blow up. Can't wait for ICS and root.

so is this basically a one-click method? and has Voodoo OTA rootkeeper been confirmed to hold this version of rooting? like it did with original RazorClaw method on the older firmware.

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
http://twitter.com/_viperboy_

Roots both versions currently out. Also, won't be released until the 12th to assure root of ICS.

See the twitter above. Love the Mexican food names

EDIT: changed title

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Damn, my work says "Social Networking" is not permitted.

So it works on the newer firmware? I don't understand though. If the bootloader was encrypted how does this actually work? This means we can use apps that require root but still wouldn't be able to have s-off for flashing kernels and things right?

So to translate for the 'older, more prone to senility crowd', can someone explain nachoroot? Is this a person, place, or thing? Please and thank you.

TeamAndIRC aka Jcase is the f'ing man... he's done so much for the Android community, he released a detailed explanation of how to root the Thunderbolt (my phone) and now he's rooted the Transformer Prime (my future tab, which is currently on the UPS truck... Hurry up already!) Awesome news!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NachoRoot is a root for the prime I wrote this morning, I've been asked by a few of the transformer devs to wait on releasing until the 12th, due to a supposed update coming

Side Note:
BurritoRoot is just for the kindle, its not the same as nachoroot (asus) nor tacoroot (htc).

I would assume ICS will close the the exploit so I wonder why they want you to wait? I suppose the thought is if they don't know what the exploit is maybe it will slip through to ICS and be available to people who purchase a prime after ICS comes preinstalled..

I guess I would not update to ICS before knowing.

Just make sure everyone knows that jcase was the man who did this. I did nothing but test (and risk not having root by updating to .33 :D) but make sure you thank him! He doesn't even have the damn Prime and he helped us out alot! Can't thank him enough :D

I assume they want to wait because the exploit might be unknown to Asus and they don't want them to fix it up so that we can't root it down the line. Be patient, everyone. I mean... it's not like everyone wants root, right? :p

markimar

Apr 18, 2009
Lets hope Asus gets it's act together and releases ICS on the 12th or is that the 25th? oh, wait.... no it's coming out Feb 2....... oh wait.....

You know everyone is going to be hitting check for updates every 20 min come the 12th!
LOL this will be fun!

Wordlywisewiz

Nov 25, 2011
Brattleboro
Who's gonna test being rooted then upgrading to ICS because what if the method gets fixed in ICS?

And test upgrading without root then trying to root?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

xTRICKYxx

Jun 30, 2011
Jericho
www.youtube.com
I'm not rooting until ICS is out and stable. I loved the Revolver ROM on my old TF101 and I am looking forward to the awesome releases of several developers soon. Asus is doing an excellent job upgrading their Transformer series so I will wait and see what comes to the table.

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
Question jcase: IF you wanted to test on ICS, is it possible to make one for the Galaxy Nexus since that has ICS and have someone test it for you? Not sure how hard it is to code it, but it was just a thought. Would at least let us know ahead of time if it was possible on ICS. If I'm over thinking it sorry.

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Question jcase: IF you wanted to test on ICS, is it possible to make one for the Galaxy Nexus since that has ICS and have someone test it for you? Not sure how hard it is to code it, but it was just a thought. Would at least let us know ahead of time if it was possible on ICS. If I'm over thinking it sorry.

asus specific

Top Liked Posts